It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tsunami another 911?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I think we should assign Michael Moore with the task of getting to the bottom of this!

Actually, an investigation has revealed that Michael Moore may have caused the Tsunami himself after doing a cannonball dive into the Pacific while vacationing off the coast of Sri Lanka. It has also been reported that he ate thousands of survivors!

(**WARNING: This was a joke and not an attempt at violating ATS TOS by knowingly presenting information that is false!**)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
last night, the venerable spaceman, told us that there were early warning systems in place since the sixties. like pearl harbour, and 911, these warnings were ignored.
hawaii's eartquake monitor said the quake was an 8 on the scale. from eight to nine, on the richter scale is a THOUSANDFOLD increase in magnitude. could they have made such a glaring mistake with a reading? unlikely.
why didn't hawaii warn anyone? because they didn't have the phone number, is the official excuse.
the scientists of indonesia had an emergency meeting soon after the quake hit, some three HOURS before the waves arrived. they decided NOT to warn the populace, because, 'it might hurt the tourism industry' if they called for evacuation and a tidal wave DIDN'T hit.
in each country, the agencies which monitor these things came up with some lameduck excuse NOT TO WARN ANYONE.
tsunami warning systems are apparently very simple. it is a bouy. if the bouy goes up too high, that means there are some big ass waves a-comin'.
NWO elite guy, helmut cole, however, is one guy who was airlifted out of the area after the quake hit, but before the waves arrived.

this is all from memory. research along these lines will bear the strange fruit of the NWO depopulation tree.
spaceman also speculates that scalar weapons were used to trigger the quake.

the numbers of dead keep rising. i've heard the drudge report say as many as FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND!.

While yes, the Tsunami makes 9/11 look like a lemonade stand got knocked over, the only conspiracy is how in Indonesia and elsewhere there was no pause in guerrilla conflicts, and some aide wasnt distributed like it should have been.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In January I read about and looked at pictures of deep sea creatures that live too deep to be studied being found scattered throughout the wreckage of the tsunami. I thought it was quite strange at the time that all these deep sea creatures would be washed in with a tsunami. Here is some of the pictures as I think it ties in with this theory.

black dragon fish

chimaera fish

fang tooth

lizard fish

prickly shark

umbrella mouth gulper eel

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ohgr
911 was a terrorist attack, not a natural disaster.

Wrong, USA set EVERYTHING up. The pilots that "flew the planes" are still alive in the countries they are thought to be from.

Pentagon was a lie. Where'd a 747 go?

Space Shuttle Columbia burned up in space, yet the crews body parts were found. Nobody was found in the pentagon

Why was the plane never spotted? It only flew from Ohio to DC...thats only what, a few hundred, maybe a thousand miles?

It was one of those spy planes. With a missle from the pentagon shot at it. Two were said to be missing after the 9/11 attacks.

It's been said the plane was flying at 400mph just INCHES from the ground. That not only takes hell of a pilot, but where's all the cars and people that would experiance the jet exaust? Why didn't anybody go deaf, or windows were broken? If it was a 747, why didn't the FBI allow people to see the video footage of it?

Now back into topic.

I think the governments are just playing tricks on us. We all know they have a big wave generator off the coast of every country

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loserkage
In January I read about and looked at pictures of deep sea creatures that live too deep to be studied being found scattered throughout the wreckage of the tsunami. I thought it was quite strange at the time that all these deep sea creatures would be washed in with a tsunami. Here is some of the pictures as I think it ties in with this theory.

hey, those pictures are KEW-ELL! i love them deep sea critters. there so PRIMAL!

i think it's a pretty natural thing, though. super strong currents would radiate from the epicentre, which was presumably a deep trench. it is along fissures and faults in the earth's crust that earthquakes originate. a massive earthquake from a trench could easily carry deep sea fish to the surface. we're talking about earth-shattering forces, here.

once again, though. thanks for the way cool angle on the event. i had no idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Pentagon was NOT, I repeat NOT a 747. It was a 757. It was NOT flying INCHES from the ground, it was flying over 100 ft off the ground, until it dove into the building. There were light poles and cars that WERE damaged by the plane. They DID find bodies in the building, as many investigators and people on the ground talked about picking up body parts in uniforms from the airline. They were there, they were just mangled beyond belief as in most plane crashes.

As far as the tsunami goes, How many earthquakes have been in the US that were reported initially as one size, only to be changed later. Just because the US has a warning system doesn't mean every country does, or that if they do it's manned 24/7 like it is here. Do you have any idea how LONG it would take to evacuate an area before a tsunami? Not ALL earthquakes cause a tsunami either. There have been several big earthquakes in Japan in recent years that were big enough to cause a quake, but didn't. It has a lot to do with how deep the epicenter is. There's no way to tell right away how deep the earthquake is, and unless you have a measuring device, and a pretty high tech one at that, there is no way to tell a tsunami is coming. You can be on a ship in the middle of the ocean, have a tsunami roll under you and never know it.

ANother thing is the fact that tsunamis travel FAST through the water. I've heard up to about 500 mph in some cases. With the location of the quake, and some of the islands around it, they would have had enough time to answer the phone, and not much else before the first wave hit. And after it hit, there wouldn't have been anyone to call other areas, or time to evacuate other areas before the next waves hit.

As far as predicting the waves days ahead of time, duh! ANY earthquake near or in the ocean has the POTENTIAL to cause a tsunami. Not all DO, but they all have the potential to.

Oh and another thing about the warning? It was 6am the day after a holiday when the quake happened.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
As far as the tsunami goes, How many earthquakes have been in the US that were reported initially as one size, only to be changed later.

i actually don't know. good point. do you know?

Just because the US has a warning system doesn't mean every country does, or that if they do it's manned 24/7 like it is here. Do you have any idea how LONG it would take to evacuate an area before a tsunami?
Oh and another thing about the warning? It was 6am the day after a holiday when the quake happened.

i guess you missed the information that indonesian scientists had a meeting, and decided not to issue a warning for legal reasons, ie. they didn't want to get sued for hurting the tourism industry.
and i guess you also missed the information that the us admitted it, which is why i revived this thread.
they warned their own people who were in the path, but conveniently forgot, or didn't have the courtesy, to warn anyone else.
....except, helmut kohl, or khol, or coal or however it's bloody spelt.

and twenty-four hour surveillance is that. always on. it was holiday areas that were affected. everyone loves a coastline.

edited to rewrite history.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
No I didn't miss that. I also didn't miss the part where they said that tsunamis in that part of the world were rare. And I KNOW that 24 hours is always on, but I said that not ALL countries have 24 hour centers. The only reason we have one here is because we got hit by several waves that caused massive damage.

"United States State Department officials today acknowledged that US scientists predicted a tsunami could form after the December 26 earthquake, but claimed that they failed to issue a warning because such waves are rare in the Indian Ocean."

The key word in that statement is PREDICTED you can't release a warning, and evacuate an area because someone says "I predict there is a tsunami coming" and doesn't have evidence to back it up. By the time they warned Diego Garcia, which is all the way across the Indian Ocean from the epicenter, they already had seen the first wave hit. The first wave made landfall within a VERY short time of the earthquake. That article is misleading, because it says that we KNEW there was a tsunami coming, but the quote says they PREDICTED a tsunami could be generated from it.

I would also like to point out that the last THREE tsunami warnings we've had here in Hawaii, which may I add were just within the last few months, I found out about when they anounced that it was cancelled on the news hours later. Unless there is evidence from your warning system, you DON'T evacuate an area, otherwise after awhile, people start to say "oh here we go again" and ignore it. We had a tsunami warning in the 80s here, and an evacuation ordered, and had MASSIVE traffic jams going TOWARDS the beach to watch it roll in. Unless you have HOURS of warning, you WON'T have enough time to evacuate everyone. If you order an evacuation, and you don't have an evacuation plan for the area in place, and haven't practiced it, then you will havemassive panic, and tons of mayhem, for a wave which might not even hit. The Indian Ocean does NOT have a warning system in place for waves. They have an earthquake center which monitors seismic readings, but you can't tell if there is a tsunami coming from looking at the seismic readings.

I don't blame them for not wanting to evacuate. I probably would have made the same decision. You have an area that doesn't have many tsunami waves generated from earthquakes, probably no evacuation routes/plans in place for if they DO have a tsunami, and no warning system. In THIS case it was the wrong decision to make, but they had no way of knowing that, and the chaos that probably would have happened if they tried to evacuate could have been horrible, if the waves HADN'T come in. They made the best decision they knew how to make with the information they had at the time, and were wrong about it. They gambled and lost.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

"United States State Department officials today acknowledged that US scientists predicted a tsunami could form after the December 26 earthquake, but claimed that they failed to issue a warning because such waves are rare in the Indian Ocean."
....snip.....
They gambled and lost.

that's funny, because the previous excuse was that they didn't have the phone numbers.
......snip.....
yes. they gambled and lost thousands of lives.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I LIVE here where the Pacific Tsunami Center is located. They said all along that they had the phone numbers and tried to call and issue a warning, but they couldn't get anyone to answer the phone until it was too late, as so many people were on vacation because of the holiday. They tried for over an hour to get someone to answer the phone but nobody did. By that point it was too late even if they DID give them the warning.

And for the record, the Pacific Tsunami Center is NOT required to provide warnings for the Indian Ocean. It is just that, the PACIFIC Warning Center. Their mandate is to provide tsunami warnings to the Pacific countries. Them trying to warn about the tsunami was going above and beyond what was required by them, so I don't think it's fair to them to get blasted for not doing more than they did. It would have been easy for them to sit back and say "It's not our job."

Here is a link for you to look at that shows they had no idea the tsunami was coming, and how the magnitude changed with different warnings. Oh, and about that question I raised earlier, I know of at least three earthquakes in California and Japan that were initially reported smaller, then revised later.

wikisource.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Oh, and here's why they gambled on not evacuating......

"Tsunamis are rarer in the Indian Ocean as the seismic activity is less than in the Pacific. There have been 7 records of Tsunamis set off by Earthquakes near Indonesia, Pakistan and one at Bay of Bengal in the last century. "

7 recorded tsunami waves in 100 years.

And also, it was NOAA that said they didn't have the address or phone number to send the warnings to, because it was the center in NY that issued the first warning. Pacific Tsunami Center DID call for over an hour before getting hold of someone.

"The tragedy is that this information was not communicated to the Indian Ocean region. The NOAA officers says that they did not
have the addresses of the appropriate officials."

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Here is a link for you to look at that shows they had no idea the tsunami was coming, and how the magnitude changed with different warnings. Oh, and about that question I raised earlier, I know of at least three earthquakes in California and Japan that were initially reported smaller, then revised later.

wikipedia is a horrible way to back up any statement, not saying you are lying or anything but that site has freakin edit buttons and nobody takes it seriously.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 002
PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
ISSUED AT 0204Z 26 DEC 2004

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR ALL AREAS OF THE PACIFIC BASIN EXCEPT
ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

.................. TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN ..................

ATTENTION: NOTE REVISED MAGNITUDE.

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THERE IS NO TSUNAMI WARNING
OR WATCH IN EFFECT.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0059Z 26 DEC 2004
COORDINATES - 3.4 NORTH 95.7 EAST
LOCATION - OFF W COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATERA
MAGNITUDE - 8.5

EVALUATION
REVISED MAGNITUDE BASED ON ANALYSIS OF MANTLE WAVES.
THIS EARTHQUAKE IS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE PACIFIC. NO DESTRUCTIVE
TSUNAMI THREAT EXISTS FOR THE PACIFIC BASIN BASED ON HISTORICAL
EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF A TSUNAMI NEAR THE EPICENTER.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE BULLETINS
FOR ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

iri.columbia.edu...

WEPA42 PHEB 150259
TIBPAC
CAZALL-ORZALL-WAZALL-HIZALL-AKZALL-150359-

TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001
PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
ISSUED AT 0259Z 15 JUN 2005

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR ALL AREAS OF THE PACIFIC BASIN EXCEPT
ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

... TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN ...

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THERE IS NO TSUNAMI WARNING
OR WATCH IN EFFECT.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0251Z 15 JUN 2005
COORDINATES - 41.3 NORTH 125.7 WEST
LOCATION - OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
MAGNITUDE - 7.4

EVALUATION

NO DESTRUCTIVE PACIFIC-WIDE TSUNAMI THREAT EXISTS BASED ON
HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

HOWEVER - EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE SOMETIMES GENERATE LOCAL
TSUNAMIS THAT CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS LOCATED WITHIN
A HUNDRED KILOMETERS OF THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER. AUTHORITIES
IN THE REGION OF THE EPICENTER SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS
POSSIBILITY AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE BULLETINS
FOR ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

lumahai.soest.hawaii.edu...

Same thing from other sources, so no one will say that my sources were biased.

Here's a warning issued for an area where there IS a warning system. So you can see how inexact a science this can be.....

EVALUATION
IT IS NOT KNOWN - REPEAT NOT KNOWN - IF A TSUNAMI EXISTS BUT A
TSUNAMI MAY HAVE BEEN GENERATED. THEREFORE PERSONS IN LOW
LYING COASTAL AREAS SHOULD BE ALERT TO INSTRUCTIONS FROM THEIR
LOCAL EMERGENCY OFFICIALS. PERSONS ON THE BEACH SHOULD MOVE TO
HIGHER GROUND IF IN A WARNED AREA. TSUNAMIS MAY BE A SERIES OF
WAVES WHICH COULD BE DANGEROUS FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE
INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL.

COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE
NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE.

...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS
FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF
VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE...

ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL
CRESCENT CITY-CA 2029 PDT JUN 14 ASTORIA-OR 2154 PDT JUN 14
CHARLESTON-OR 2044 PDT JUN 14 TOFINO-BC 2157 PDT JUN 14
SAN FRANCISCO-CA 2123 PDT JUN 14 SAN PEDRO-CA 2200 PDT JUN 14
SEASIDE-OR 2126 PDT JUN 14 LA JOLLA-CA 2214 PDT JUN 14
NEAH BAY-WA 2148 PDT JUN 14

BULLETINS WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER IF CONDITIONS WARRANT.
THE TSUNAMI WATCH/WARNING WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
REFER TO THE INTERNET SITE
WCATWC.ARH.NOAA.GOV FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ETA SITES.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

f**k the tourist what about your own people living in you country

well smart one Miss "shauny" most countries rely on tourism and i can under stand where they are coming from. The tourists are like royalty they need to be treated right when they travel to your country or island you would want them to come back right so if you would evac your own island or city and nothing happens they would think that they were getting the "butt" end of the deal. Lets say you went to hawaii and they issued a evacuation of all coastal cities and you were at one would you want to spend your time holed up behind some wall instead of being out at the beach huh so think about what youre going to say b4 you say it

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
and another vialls piece

p.s. i haven't read this stuff, yet.

tomorrow. i just know that the really solid truths have a way of dying and/or disappearing.

copy any and all truth to your hard drive. may the meme be with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
double post
double post

[edit on 19-7-2005 by billybob]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bad news guys, but there was a link to a seemingly legit article I found on several "conspiracy sites" that pointed out that the military in the 1950s[!!] had tested a machine in New Zealand that could cause major quakes under the ocean as a weapon. I will try to find the link

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by loserkage

I doubt that at all to be honest. See the wave only becomes a hazardous force as it approachs the shallows of the coast. There were divers of indonesia that pretty much had the thing roll straight through them. They were in a pack not far from land then, voooooooom, all of a sudden alone in different areas ranging about a kilometer. They all survived, surfaced and eventually found each other and regrouped. Fair story for the grandchildren!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Sorry for double posting but this is what you want to read for alternatives to this being a natural disater. Nine different points of view, ranging from a neutron star triggering it, to the Tesla Wave even the thoughts that it may have been a oil exploration stuff up of monumental proportions. Good info and well written.

www.ecologynews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join