It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tsunami another 911?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
last night, the venerable spaceman, told us that there were early warning systems in place since the sixties. like pearl harbour, and 911, these warnings were ignored.
hawaii's eartquake monitor said the quake was an 8 on the scale. from eight to nine, on the richter scale is a THOUSANDFOLD increase in magnitude. could they have made such a glaring mistake with a reading? unlikely.
why didn't hawaii warn anyone? because they didn't have the phone number, is the official excuse.
the scientists of indonesia had an emergency meeting soon after the quake hit, some three HOURS before the waves arrived. they decided NOT to warn the populace, because, 'it might hurt the tourism industry' if they called for evacuation and a tidal wave DIDN'T hit.
in each country, the agencies which monitor these things came up with some lameduck excuse NOT TO WARN ANYONE.
tsunami warning systems are apparently very simple. it is a bouy. if the bouy goes up too high, that means there are some big ass waves a-comin'.
NWO elite guy, helmut cole, however, is one guy who was airlifted out of the area after the quake hit, but before the waves arrived.

this is all from memory. research along these lines will bear the strange fruit of the NWO depopulation tree.
spaceman also speculates that scalar weapons were used to trigger the quake.

the numbers of dead keep rising. i've heard the drudge report say as many as FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND!.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
last night, the venerable spaceman, told us that there were early warning systems in place since the sixties. like pearl harbour, and 911, these warnings were ignored.
hawaii's eartquake monitor said the quake was an 8 on the scale. from eight to nine, on the richter scale is a THOUSANDFOLD increase in magnitude. could they have made such a glaring mistake with a reading? unlikely.
why didn't hawaii warn anyone?

Hawaii is not the only place quakes are monitored. I am sure Asia has several as well. Why didn't they notify anyone? Oh that's right they had a meeting and decided not to warn anyone, so you cannot blame the US for that can you?

Why do people always want to ask why the US did not do this or do that?

spaceman also speculates that scalar weapons were used to trigger the quake.

Yeah right and if you believe that, I have some prime Ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i do remember assing by the tel-lie-vision and hearing the reporters saying how they think that more satellites should be put in space to give earlier warning. We're told that they will be satellites for watching weather but who knows what they watch or what they are capable of.

Is this another problem-reaction-solution scenario?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

as posted by billybob
why didn't hawaii warn anyone? because they didn't have the phone number, is the official excuse.

Umm, no, billybob. The official excuse was that they did not have enough people to make the necessary calls, after all, it was a the holiday season and many were on extended leaves, etc.

like pearl harbour

This has been debunked and proven to be to the contrary, billybob.

and 911

This assertion also remains in debate as to whether the government knew, committed, or allowed such a tragedy to take place.

As to you above stipulations for "tsunami another 911," among other placed arguments, hell, billybob, why don't you go a few steps further and say that Rommel knew of and allowed D-Day, that Stalin knew of and allowed the German invasion of Mother Russia, etc. More examples can be found and given, be assured of this.

the scientists of indonesia had an emergency meeting soon after the quake hit, some three HOURS before the waves arrived. they decided NOT to warn the populace, because, 'it might hurt the tourism industry' if they called for evacuation and a tidal wave DIDN'T hit.
in each country, the agencies which monitor these things came up with some lameduck excuse NOT TO WARN ANYONE.

This has been stated and alledged. Pretty much true.

NWO elite guy, helmut cole, however, is one guy who was airlifted out of the area after the quake hit, but before the waves arrived.

So his cellphone worked and he found the ability to leave, whereas others were also warned, by cellphone, etc., and did not have the ability to leave. What you assert does not hold much credence.

Going to need more than what you have presented to prove that the NWO was active in this or even "allowed" such to take place, for which I highly doubt.

As mentioned by el_illumbrato, this was a case of problem-reaction, with "reaction" being emphasized here.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think we should assign Michael Moore with the task of getting to the bottom of this!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've been looking for a title for this disaster since it is not any one particular country. I was thinking of 'Indian tsunami of 2004'...but I think that "26/12" sounds better!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I think we should assign Michael Moore with the task of getting to the bottom of this!

yes, but he might just give the half truth again like he did in fahrenheit 9-11!!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
THe resort communities knew it was comming, or had an idea it could happen, but since there had been other earthquakes before and no tsunamis, they decided to keep quiet and hope nothing happened.

..As stated by Art Bell, Coast to Coast last night.

(I dont know where his information came from)

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well some people knew about the earthquake, the problems were not informing the right authorities, our ignorance for not recognising the was a huge problem after the earthquake, being so slow at getting any warnings out to the right authorities. i have read that in some cases when the earthquake hit it was only a matter of 12 minutes until some parts were hit...im not sure if that's true. if the truth is that there were a clear 3 hours until most parts were hit then im even more shocked that nobody got it together to perform an evacuation, whether or not they didnt want to disturb tourists. f**k the tourist what about your own people living in you country

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Billybob this is an update to what I posted earlier. You were wrong bye assumming they did not warn anyone. They did; here is the proof.

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, no, billybob. The official excuse was that they did not have enough people to make the necessary calls, after all, it was a the holiday season and many were on extended leaves, etc.

what's the point of having warning systems if you can't warn anyone. it's like building a house without a roof. either excuse is lameduck. and how did they screw up the magnitude so badly? and, even if it WAS an eight, this is still large enough to issue a warning. warnings are issued for anything over seven.

like pearl harbour

Originally posted by Seekerof[/i
This has been debunked and proven to be to the contrary, billybob.

to your satisfaction, maybe. not to mine. wars are engineered by the elite. some people use the word 'proof' a little freely, in my humble opinion.

and 911

This assertion also remains in debate as to whether the government knew, committed, or allowed such a tragedy to take place.

As to you above stipulations for "tsunami another 911," among other placed arguments, hell, billybob, why don't you go a few steps further and say that Rommel knew of and allowed D-Day, that Stalin knew of and allowed the German invasion of Mother Russia, etc. More examples can be found and given, be assured of this.

okay. Rommel knew of and allowed D-Day, that Stalin knew of and allowed the German invasion of Mother Russia.

So his cellphone worked and he found the ability to leave, whereas others were also warned, by cellphone, etc., and did not have the ability to leave. What you assert does not hold much credence.

Going to need more than what you have presented to prove that the NWO was active in this or even "allowed" such to take place, for which I highly doubt.

time probably won't tell. this wasn't my theory. it was something very well researched by an excellent researcher of the black majic rulers of our planet, the illuminati. you don't believe in the illuminati, though, so these 'crazy theories' are too fringe and of no concern to you. nothing to see here. move along.

as far as helmut goes. as a man of supposed public integrity, he should have used his cell phone to warn others, at the very least. the fact that he was shuttled out before anybody even SAW a big wave, indicates gross negligence on his part.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

as posted by billybob
what's the point of having warning systems if you can't warn anyone. it's like building a house without a roof. either excuse is lameduck. and how did they screw up the magnitude so badly? and, even if it WAS an eight, this is still large enough to issue a warning. warnings are issued for anything over seven.

No argument from me, billybob.
The problem here is that the region had no 'early warning' system in place. Is that "our" fault or the nations in that region faults?
As for the the warnings coming from Hawaii and other places, this might help?
NOAA AND THE INDIAN OCEAN TSUNAMI

Dec. 29, 2004 � NOAA scientists at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii went to work within minutes of getting a seismic signal that an earthquake occurred off the west coast of Northern Sumatra, Indonesia. NOAA issued a bulletin indicating no threat of a tsunami to Hawaii, the West Coast of North America or to other coasts in the Pacific Basin�the area served by the existing tsunami warning system established by the Pacific rim countries and operated by NOAA in Hawaii.

NOAA scientists then began an effort to notify countries about the possibility that a tsunami may have been triggered by the massive 9.0 undersea earthquake. The Pacific Basin tsunami warning system did not detect a tsunami in the Indian Ocean since there are no buoys in place there. Even without a way to detect whether a tsunami had formed in the Indian Ocean, NOAA officials tried to get the message out to other nations not a part of its Pacific warning system to alert them of the possibility of a tsunami. However, the tsunami raced across the ocean at speeds up to 500 mph. Below is the timeline of agency's actions once the undersea earthquake was detected by the NOAA Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii.

The article then goes into a time break-down:
(All times listed below are Hawaii Standard Time or HST.)

seekerof

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
helmut kohl rescued

sorry, 'kohl', not 'cole', ...acoustic bias got me there.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Billybob, unless you're saying that the NWO also caused the quake, then you're trying to tell me they held a secret meeting and decided to let a bunch of asians and tourists die (you still haven't stated what this accomplished) in, what, half an hour?

What, is there a big red "Super-secret Tsunami Phone" in the Batca-err, NWO HQ? I mean, these NWO guys are getting around more than a Vietnamese whore on Labor Day.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
spaceman was first, but,ATSNN picks it up

see, seekerof, the official excuse is, they didn't have the phone numbers.
esoterica... i did say that NWO scalar weapons MAY have been used to trigger the quake, everything was planned in advance.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
billybob your assertions are not alone:

ATS thread about ' another 'caused' catastrophe.

Wild and wayout claims. Kind of like the HAARP stuff recently posted herin and other places.

Tesla is dead, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This was what we call an act of God, meaning we have no control of the matter and its just one of those things that happens. It has nothing to do with the new world order movement or the illuminati.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What the problem was had something to do with the warning systems. As a minute number of you may know, the southern part of Asia, does not have a warning system installed nor' available. Thus, without this mechanism or system, you cannot possibly warn a few 100,000 people in a matter of seconds. The only time you'll notice is when it hits. And that is what happened in this situation. That is why you see Japan assisting them in setting up a warning system so that when this happens again, they will be fully prepared to warn the citizens and get them out of that area.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm with billybob here - with the added stipulation that the real decision-making power lies with the toruism industry and multi-national corporations. ...The big guys probably crunched the numbers decades ago and decided that non-intervention and depopulation was more profitable to them than bleeding-heart humanitarianism.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
there are no bouys in the indian ocean, so all they had was earthquake data in hawaii. by the time they knew what was happening, they could only warn african countries, but they had no contacts.

a nuclear device, even if placed correctly, is just a fart in the bathtub compared to what mother nature produced that day.

I'm not trying to be confrontational billybob, but why can't you accept it was just mother earth doing what she does, change.

is it easier, less scary to attribute the destruction to power-mad old white men than mother nature ???? if so, why ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join