It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half a billion dollars on training just five rebel fighters, who then deserted has been cancelled.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hi i did a search for this on the Syria news on ats and i couldnt find it.

This story is a couple of days old but it makes me furious.

So you know the half billion dollars which was supposed to be spent on training armed moderate rebels to fight against Isis and Assad, which was then admitted to be about just 6 fighters, several months back?

Well the official number is actually 5, all whom deserted, or were killed
and now the Pentagon has decided to cancel the programme altogether and change it to one which just encourages trusted vets to support the good cause.

You couldnt make this up, from the initial claims of we are going to train 600-1000 every several months, to the admitting that it is only less than a handful of fighters, to now pulling the plug on this programme.
Is it any wonder how the US are the joke of the world?
Truly pitful and pathetic.

video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

PS before anyone blasts the source as being fox news, it has been reported in numerous main stream outlets too, i just chose to link the fox one as it included the video.
edit on 11-10-2015 by lamplighters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Saw this this morning. It made me spit out my coffee with laughter.

'We're putting it on hold, but remain ready to start again at any time' was a line I heard. Obama and his goons are acting like spoiled children with cheap shots at anyone and everyone because Putin has outsmarted, outmaneuvered and outclassed them by doing the obvious; going in with ground troops and working with the functioning government to quash the ISIS monster.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters I'm no fan of fox, but like you I have seen it reported in multiple sources. Half a billion dollars to train up 4 or 5 rebels in action. What a shambles. No wonder people question the wests strategy in Syria. Can't really blame the Russians for this one. What a waste of American tax payers money

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The American government has been hijacked by corporate pirates for over two decades now, and this comes as a surprise? Every few years they cook up a ponzi scheme to raid the tax coffers. Whether it's missing budget dollars, bail outs, overspending, or false flags to justify payouts, the oligarchs have gotten so cocky and arrogant, they don't even bother with thorough cover-ups anymore. Americans gave them full reign because they've bred the perfect mule. Even if public outrage reaches critical mass and meltdown into the next French Revolution, it's still a win-win for them. All they need is an excuse to enact emergency measures to do what they've always intented to do. Between full spectrum surveillance, militarized police force, blacked out media and information, gun grabs, and social undermining they've got you on lock down.

America deserves everything they've got. All of you are accomplices and compliants to their machinations.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: lamplighters I'm no fan of fox, but like you I have seen it reported in multiple sources. Half a billion dollars to train up 4 or 5 rebels in action. What a shambles. No wonder people question the wests strategy in Syria. Can't really blame the Russians for this one. What a waste of American tax payers money

And the irony of it all..
any weapons and equipment which were given to these fighters have ended up now in enemy hands..

sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

A half billion dollars spent on 4 or 5 rebels. Yet our government says we're running out of money for social security and other programs that benefit Americans. Our government officials don't bat an eye when it comes to throwing money to support rebels and foreign military involvement.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That is a lot of money. You have to wonder if there was corruption involved. War has always been a profitable business for some and devastating for others. I hope one day governments will be better than this, not likely but hope is eternal.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta
100 million per person to train. They must have had some truly amazing kit and devices. of course they deserted, sold the goodies and live in the Bahamas.
Or did they just spend a little bit on them and share the rest between themselves.
See, the lie they tell isn't even a decent one because simpletons believe everything they are told.
I dread everyone eventually waking up!. What a smack in the face they gonna get. I have had mine a long time ago and now immune.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So then, what prey tell was the 500 million dollars spent on?

Let me guess, a fleet of Toyota trucks.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfidelCastro
That is a lot of money. You have to wonder if there was corruption involved. War has always been a profitable business for some and devastating for others. I hope one day governments will be better than this, not likely but hope is eternal.

Have to wonder?!

The only wonderment here is, in what way did the corruption take place.

Rumsfeld loses trillions an no one bats an eye. A billion here, a billion there, who gives a #. I mean really, what could America have done with the trillions of dollars lost from Pentagon black budget programs, failed wars and financing the enemy?

It's America. People don't want to go to school, they'd rather work 14 hour shifts to pay their existing hospital bills on treatment they don't need. It's America, we have the best hospitals money can buy so go eat your cheeseburger.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Sounds like the scenario from the "Mockingjay"books and films is coming directly to America.

Everywhere else too.....eventually.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So then, what prey tell was the 500 million dollars spent on?

Let me guess, a fleet of Toyota trucks.

Oh what a feeling. Toyota! I wouldn't know but $500 million in back channel sales without any oversight has to feel really good if you don't have conscious.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well, someone's laughing their ass off on a paradise island somewhere. I guess with those defence contracts, it really is about 'who you know'.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Well covered, saw it yesterday with the proverbial 'Obama spout' taking the flack when questioned by the press about it.

Spout said that now they would be just sending arms to the rebels from now on instead etc etc - when questioned how they vetted these 'rebels' , spout looked shifty and said it wasn't appropriate for him to answer that question.

This attitude from American politicians not only seems illogical but worse than that, tells the world that America will give/arms in order to give business to its arms manufacturers regardless of the outcome and cost to human life.

Now that message tells the rest of the world, especially Islamic people that they are expendable if there is profit to be made for certain elitists. It puts especially Americans at risk to reprise attacks from people whose families have been blown apart by the arms supplied to these so-called rebels and that merely trickles out to sympathisers who will go for the rest of the world.

(I don't exonerate my country's involvement in the arms supply business but the USA was on the podium, Oinky cameron's policy despite an education costing £7000 per term is totally bereft of common sense - his parents tried obviously too much, but if there is no common sense in the individual what does one expect???

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Translation. Proxy war continues. Defense industry continues to fatten their pockets and more people die. I'm disappointed but would be more surprised if anything different happened.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Somebody should DEMAND to see the money trail !

WHO GOT THAT MONEY !!!

Just think how many disabled people could have been helped with ALL THAT MONEY !!!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They had all that money, and still couldn't find more than 6 people that would support their fight.

This is hilarious.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
They had all that money, and still couldn't find more than 6 people that would support their fight.

This is hilarious.

Is it any wonder why the US are the joke of the world? and why Putin thinks he can do what he likes

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yah, we decided to just stop conquering the world, its costing too much.

lol

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Its hilarious from one perspective but shouldn't people be demanding their government did a bit better for them with their tax payers money and dealt with things America needs at home rather than a long way away and which ultimately has little affect on America - Syria is hardly the biggest trading partner with the USA is it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join