It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On Putin's Military Mission In syria: "Russia Is Weak And Only Has One Allie"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There is a video but I can't embed However here is the transcript .......

This was told to Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes CBS News

Steve Kroft: A year ago when we did this interview, there was some saber-rattling between the United States and Russia on the Ukrainian border. Now it's also going on in Syria. You said a year ago that the United States-- America leads. We're the indispensable nation. Mr. Putin seems to be challenging that leadership.

President Barack Obama: In what way? Let-- let's think about this-- let-- let--

Steve Kroft: Well, he's moved troops into Syria, for one. He's got people on the ground. Two, the Russians are conducting military operations in the Middle East for the first time since World War II.

President Barack Obama: So that's-- so that's --

Steve Kroft: bombing the people-- that we are supporting.

President Barack Obama: So that's leading, Steve? Let me ask you this question. When I came into office-- Ukraine was governed by a corrupt ruler who was a stooge of Mr. Putin.

Steve Kroft: Right, right, right.

President Barack Obama: Syria was Russia's only ally in the region. And today, rather than being able to count on their support and maintain the base they had in Syria, which they've had for a long time. Mr. Putin now is devoting- his own troops, his own military, just to barely hold together by a thread his sole ally. And in Ukraine--

Steve Kroft: He's challenging your leadership, Mr. President. He's challenging your leadership-

President Barack Obama: Well-- Steve, I got to tell you, if you think that running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in, in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we've got a different definition of leadership.

I would be laughing my butt off if the situation were not so serious! Obama is completely delusional as he swims about in the River of Denial!! WTH? Is wrong with this idiot??

Syria Russia's ONLY ALLy?? How about Iran Mr. OBOZO?? How about Iraq? How about Hamas? How about Hezbollah??

I cannot believe the arrogance that Obama is touting. Why has this man NOT been impeached?

And when he comments about "running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in, in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we've got a different definition of leadership". Hello??????? Pot calling Kettle!!

Yes Obama! You and I DO HAVE A DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF LEADERSHIP!!!!

He is serious!! Unbelievable!!

cbsnews.com
What do you think ATS?

edit on 10/11/2015 by paxnatus because: spelling

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Setting up a mercinary army to remove a sovereign nations leader 6000 miles away and having a great deal of this army defect or give its equipment to another most possibly Saudi/CIA outfit that zooms around raping,running sex slave operations,crucifying and beheading particularly Christians whilst simultaneously spending hundreds of billions pretending to fight them....yes thats certainly interesting leadership.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They have thousands of thermonuclear allies who don't ask questions and will do as ordered. Be careful when poking the bear! The leaders these days seem way too casual when putting our nations into situations that might lead to our ultimate destruction.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InfidelCastro

You got that right!! So then what the hell is wrong with Obama?? He must really believe we are all just dumb as toast!!

Perhaps, since he is so egregiously glib, he is on the side of ISIS....I have no idea but why doesn't congress do something about him!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

He clearly gives 2 f's. He's a puppet. He doesn't care what is happening over there. At this point the US can't come out a winner in Syria. Unless we want a proxy war to end all proxy wars. That would mean actively hiring hundreds of thousands of mercs including those with military aircraft training. So he either lets Syria go or really gets in there.

I'll assume we'll keep proping up the fsa with sams coming in no time. Once they have decent air defence Russia would start having a bit of trouble. Right now this is no war for them. War means loses, and there will be non with no sam sites.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

There are 10 chains of command only 3 end with the President,whether its he or Valerie Jarrett or George Soros or someone else in charge who knows

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Since he created the vacuum that allowed Putin an in, why cant the US just completely leave the area..I mean what is the point of having our military there? Obama tied their hands with these stupid rules of engagement, and we look like a nation so damn weak it's not even funny.....If given the go ahead we could crush IS and Russia! He wants us to lose so the US will no longer be a super power! These were the dreams of his father...

Pax

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Setting up a mercinary army to remove a sovereign nations leader 6000 miles away and having a great deal of this army defect or give its equipment to another most possibly Saudi/CIA outfit that zooms around raping,running sex slave operations,crucifying and beheading particularly Christians whilst simultaneously spending hundreds of billions pretending to fight them....yes thats certainly interesting leadership.

Probably the best summary of the FSA I have ever herd, terrorist supporters are mentally unbalanced people.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

'Ally'

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have a genius idea as a u.s. slave.
Leave them be.
Bring the soldiers back home and fix some pot holes in the roads.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Yes my bad! Ally Mr. Grammarian!

Pax

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This was not the quote I was looking for *waves suggestively*
edit on 11-10-2015 by InfidelCastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

I would be laughing my butt off if the situation were not so serious! Obama is completely delusional as he swims about in the River of Denial!! WTH? Is wrong with this idiot??

And yet the gist of that Obama said is correct. Russia is very short of allies in the Middle East - with only a dysfunctional and brutal dictator (Assad) and Iran to count as allies. Hezbollah (the Party of God) is a lacky of Iran and considered a terrorist organisation, while Hamas (another terrorist organisation) does not get along with Hezbollah and is not involved in Syria.

Putin has no allies of note in the developed and liberal West. In fact, Putin leads a Russia that is more isolated now than at any time in their history. Arguably, Russia is now a proxy of Iran in the region and being used as part of a wider Sunni vrs Shia vrs Sunni conflict that's been going on for hundreds of years.

Or is this just an Obama-bashing thread where fact is irrelevant?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Obama is completely delusional

depends on what the meaning of the word is...... is .

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The world beat Russia once , not too long ago. It was called the cold war. Now we have a new war, the hot war. It will go for years and years with both sides giving sanctions against each other.
Russia was bankrupt after the cold war. Now they are back and returning the favour to the west. The west cannot afford a long war with all the home troubles we are having. Our armies will be needed at home soon.
I don't really care who is in charge of the world as I am a million miles away from just paying my bills and feeding myself and children. All this from UK government. I would vote for Russia in a world election who would you vote for?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Since he created the vacuum that allowed Putin an in, why cant the US just completely leave the area..I mean what is the point of having our military there? Obama tied their hands with these stupid rules of engagement, and we look like a nation so damn weak it's not even funny.....If given the go ahead we could crush IS and Russia! He wants us to lose so the US will no longer be a super power! These were the dreams of his father...

Pax

I don't think the US look weak. It is their attempt to justify their behaviour in the Middle East that is weak. Clinton claimed not so long ago that they were losing the propaganda war. The problem they have is that no matter how they spin it people can see that they have no moral high ground nor indeed valid reason for the destruction they have wrought. They might be able to crush Russia but the cost to themselves and the world makes that notion a non starter.
By what authority are they saying 'Assad must go'? Perhaps the same one that decided Saddam and Gaddafi must go...we see how that worked out for those countries. The world is tired of the USA's war mongering and their constant interference in sovereign nations.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

There is a video but I can't embed However here is the transcript .......

This was told to Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes CBS News

Steve Kroft: A year ago when we did this interview, there was some saber-rattling between the United States and Russia on the Ukrainian border. Now it's also going on in Syria. You said a year ago that the United States-- America leads. We're the indispensable nation. Mr. Putin seems to be challenging that leadership.

President Barack Obama: In what way? Let-- let's think about this-- let-- let--

Steve Kroft: Well, he's moved troops into Syria, for one. He's got people on the ground. Two, the Russians are conducting military operations in the Middle East for the first time since World War II.

President Barack Obama: So that's-- so that's --

Steve Kroft: bombing the people-- that we are supporting.

President Barack Obama: So that's leading, Steve? Let me ask you this question. When I came into office-- Ukraine was governed by a corrupt ruler who was a stooge of Mr. Putin.

Steve Kroft: Right, right, right.

President Barack Obama: Syria was Russia's only ally in the region. And today, rather than being able to count on their support and maintain the base they had in Syria, which they've had for a long time. Mr. Putin now is devoting- his own troops, his own military, just to barely hold together by a thread his sole ally. And in Ukraine--

Steve Kroft: He's challenging your leadership, Mr. President. He's challenging your leadership-

President Barack Obama: Well-- Steve, I got to tell you, if you think that running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in, in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we've got a different definition of leadership.

Syria Russia's ONLY ALLy?? How about Iran Mr. OBOZO?? How about Iraq? How about Hamas? How about Hezbollah??

I cannot believe the arrogance that Obama is touting. Why has this man NOT been impeached?

And when he comments about "running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in, in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we've got a different definition of leadership". Hello??????? Pot calling Kettle!!

Yes Obama! You and I DO HAVE A DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF LEADERSHIP!!!!

He is serious!! Unbelievable!!

cbsnews.com
What do you think ATS?

-Anyone who makes up funny names for the President, as in 'OBOZO' cannot possibly be older than 13. If you are, please explain the immature nature of such a thing.

-Hezbollah is described by the UN as a political party. The US describes it as an organization with terrorist ties. It is not a country, so it is not a Russian Ally.

-Hamas is a Resistance Movement. It is describes as a terrorist organization by some countries-including the US-, but not described as a terrorist organization by many other countries- such as Switzerland- but in any case, it is not a country. It is not a Russian ally. See Hezbollah.

Obviously, the President knows who Russia has cordial diplomatic ties with. That would include Iran and Iraq. Here is a better quote from the interview "“When I came into office…Syria was Russia’s only ally in the region.” There were changes back and forth between the fall of the Soviet Union and the changeover to Russia.

Russia is backing the Assad government, which has committed mass genocide. Russia was supposed to be attacking ISIS, they are not. So, now we have Russia attacking Syrian rebels, the few left that did not run to other countries fpr safety and allowing ISIS to run roughshod over Syria. A top Iranian elite General has just been killed in this endeavor to assist Russia...oddly, by ISIS.

The US at least has a plan there. Russia is not leading. They are defending Assad's government in vain when they could be assisting in eradicating ISIS, which will only continue to attack anything that moves in Syria, including Asad's troops.
edit on 11-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
God Obama, give it up already. What a blathering fool you are

China is helping Russia. That's one BIG ally

www.hngn.com...

Iran has been helping Syria since day one and is friendly with Russia

www.bbc.com...

Hezbollah (Jordan) is helping.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh look, Google is smarter than the POTUS!

edit on 11-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yet you got owned by ""weak" Russia, who's only got one friend on facebook. How does that make you look.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
God Obama, give it up already. What a blathering fool you are

China is helping Russia. That's one BIG ally

www.hngn.com...

Iran has been helping Syria since day one and is friendly with Russia

www.bbc.com...

Hezbollah (Jordan) is helping.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh look, Google is smarter than the POTUS!

The HNGN article you you use quotes from this Express article which is all wild speculation and includes this: "These reports have not been verified by China and satellite images show the Syrian port of Tartus, currently empty." China may be interested in attacking ISIS, though as "China come under threat from ISIS in recent months increasing the theory an attack is in the pipeline." From the Express article, as well. So, China might like to attack ISIS but there is nothing concrete showing they have joined Russia in helping Assad's government. I do not see why China would like to do that.

Hezbollah is based in Lebanon. Jordan is not involved in Syria. Hezbollah has been involved in skirmishes with Syrian gpvernment troops mainly at the border. The Lebanese government has asked since 2014 that Hezbollah not involve itself in Syria.
edit on 11-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join