It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16s to fly at Aero India as US eyes Indian defence pie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
India may consider buying F-16's.

IAF chief Tyagi was quoting "We are looking at various vendors, including the US F-16 fighting falcon, Swedish Grippen, Russian Sukhois and the French Mirage 2000," Air Chief Marshal Tyagi said, declaring that the gap created by the phasing out of older MIG-21s would be filled at the earliest."

Notice F-16 tops the list.

The source : www.outlookindia.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
that doesn't really mean anything, i hate getting penalties for one line posts, so i'm going to have to write a little bit more nonsense, okay, thats enough

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't get it, Stealth Spy. You seem to badmouth American equipment constantly, yet make topics when India talks about purchasing it. If Russian stuff is better, you should want Mig-29's and Flankers, not F-16's.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You know variety in a fleet can be a great benefit..because there a certain flaws in the design of every aircraft and if these flaws are properly exploited by the enemy then one is at a disadvantage from the very beginning...I think the Indian AF along with the German AF is the most verstile AF in that world...fighter aircraft from 8 different companies,3 diferent countires not including its own indigenous industry..

Are the Jaguar,Harrier,Hawk from the same or different brit companies??

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Variety can be very harmful. It's a lot harder to get spair parts for 10 different planes then 5. In a long, drawn out war, who do you think benefits? The enemy. It also requires pilots to be able to fly many different types of planes. That would mean you either have to train them in all of them (which waters down their capability in each plane), or specialize it, in which case they may be good in one, but useless to go fly in another. In a war you can't turn out skilled pilots easily. You don't always have the equipment each pilot is best in. It would cause more problems for India.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Disturbed Deliverer]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yes well its an arguement that has plus-minus points on both sides..vairety is good and bad in a way..

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
I don't get it, Stealth Spy. You seem to badmouth American equipment constantly, yet make topics when India talks about purchasing it. If Russian stuff is better, you should want Mig-29's and Flankers, not F-16's.

Dude i started that thread on the Mig -29 some 8 months back, lonk before the US offered F-16's .

Then , F-16's with the PAF were the IAF's enemy. Now i am a liitle light hearted about the F-16, but i still feel the twin engined mig is better.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Are the Jaguar,Harrier,Hawk from the same or different brit companies??

Sorry that this has been up for five days before I saw it.

The Jaguar was designed by Britains BAC and Breguet of France (operating together as SEPECAT) and the Hawk and Harrier were developed by Hawker Siddeley. After 1977 these were both merged into British Aerospace but this was after the planes were developed but before India bought them. Incidentally the Jaguar order was placed directly with BAe (now known as BAE SYSTEMS) as by that time Breguet (by this time merged with Dassault) weren't interested in the Jaguar as they had their own, 100% French, Mirage F.1 to promote. Hope this is a good enough answer and not too long winded.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Which other countries besides India has Jaguars??
I know the USMC has Harriers...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I know of Ecuador, Oman and Nigeria operating Jaguars, besides Britain, India and France of course. Not sure of any others

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The F-16 will be a great addition to the Indian Air Force. It will add to India's air supiriority and will save lives on the ground.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
F-16s to fly at Aero India as US eyes Indian defence pie
BANGALORE, DEC 24 (PTI)

The United States will display its frontline fighter F-16 for the first time in the coming Aero India international air show, beginning here on February nine, as Indian authorities are gearing up for making the aero event, one of the best in Asia. Several American aerospace firms like Lockheed Martin, Northrop and Boeing Corp will display their products to make a significant presence in Aero India after the US sanctions imposed in the wake of the 1998 Pokhran blasts were lifted in 2002. "We are going to have an American presence, they were not here in the previous two air shows. That is the big change actually (in this show)," IAF's Yelahanka Air Base commandant Air Commodore S P Singh told reporters here during the preview on the preparations for the mega five-day event.

The US will also display its maritime surveillance aircraft Orion PC-3, which it is planning to sell to both India and PAkistan, while the US Army will bring a helicopter. "Seventyeight aviation companies from 25 countries have confirmed participation in the event," Singh said. Indka will showcase its aircraft design capabilities in the three home-grown aircraft - Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv, the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas and the Intermediate Jet Trainer, while IAF will have display of its famed Surya Kiran aerobatic and Saran helicopter aerobatic team.

Air Force Chiefs of 12 countries including China, Egypt, Japan, Sweden, Vietnam and Germany have confirmed taking part in the event, organised to showcase India's prowess in the aviation field.

IAF, Singh said, will have a flying display of its supersonic fighters - Sukhoi-30 MKI, MiG-29, Mirage-2000, MiG-21 Bison, Jaguar (Trainer) and Mi-35 and Dhruv helicopter, besides the IL-78 mid-air refueller.

The foreign firms which will display its aircraft include Lockheed Martin with its F-16 fighter, Gulf Stream business jet, Northrop, US Army with an helicopter, Tashkent Aircraft Corp with a Sukhoi fighter and BELL helicopters.

He said Israel will also display its unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) at the air show.

"We are resurfacing the entire runway and also extending it by about 350 feet to a length of 7,650 feet," Singh said, adding additional space for parking aircraft and exhibition areas have been alloted for the event.

Aero India, organised by India's Defence Ministry, is expected to attract 50,000 people for air displays every day and about 25,000 business visitors each day.

- news source

that what USA had to display at air show in india

that what USA know is going to happend to his offer.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think that F-16 inflatable is mighty cute!!
Wish i had one!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join