It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson proves daft, disturbing — and darling of the GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This article sums up many of the crazy things that Ben Carson says and believes. With his frequent mentions of Hitler to his comparing Obamacare with 9-11 I think people should take a second thought about if this is a person who truly deserves to be leading the country. I know that when he was talking about people in America being like Hitler he was talking about President Obama though, he refused to say who he was talking about. I find that very offensive, especially since most of the terrible things people claim Obama has done are either highly exaggerated or never happened (ending capitalism and the Fairness Doctrine for example). The ironic thing is he's talking about Hitler and people having their rights taken away from them while he says that some people are worth less than others (in another article).

www.bostonglobe.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Darling? I don't know about that.

He seems pretty medicated to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Carson is a coward.

He even admitted to being one. Screw that guy.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
He might have some strange views but this is character assassination rather than refuting his views.
edit on 10-10-2015 by InfidelCastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

PC ALERT!

How can Carson be the GOP darling when Republicans are so called "RACISTS"?

People can try to dissect this holocaust reference any way they want and in the process, conveniently try to make the claim that Carson was pointing out a Hitler/Obama comparison, but what Carson said is 100% correct!

If European Jews had owned guns, WW 2 would have been much different, that alone should be something to think about.
So please put any hurt feelings aside and think about what Ben Carson said, think about it long and hard.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
He's better than anything the left is offering...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alxandro

People can try to dissect this holocaust reference any way they want and in the process, conveniently try to make the claim that Carson was pointing out a Hitler/Obama comparison, but what Carson said is 100% correct!

First and foremost, it's called Godwins Law.

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons.

WIKI

You can't just reference Hitler and Nazi's whenever you want. There are plenty of references I could make as to the similarities of American conservatives and Nazi's, but beyond this moment you won't see it. It's political grandstanding. It is a sign that you don't have a leg to stand on argument wise.

(post by InfidelCastro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by InfidelCastro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

I disagree but feel free to report me and relax, you will live longer. Satire has always been a powerful way of expressing political views.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: InfidelCastro
a reply to: GD21D

Typical Nazi response. Just admit you hate Carson because he is black. Racist!

Really? This is the level of discourse ATS allows?

Relax. He's yanking your chain. I may be wrong but I think he's referring to the constant accusation that anyone that disagrees with Obama is a racist. It couldn't be that they actually disagreed. It had to be because of his skin color. As for Godwin's Law, I think most of the time it's true but there are times when it does not apply.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Khaleesi because: grammer

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

That is very observant of you. I'm not even to the right politically but the right has been called racists and nazis very often for just giving an opinion or disagreeing. I don't know the person I quoted, maybe he is consistent when it comes to denouncing this style of suppressing debate that has been used by the left but the point I was trying to make remains regardless of that.

edit on 10-10-2015 by InfidelCastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You really, really do not like Ben Carson.

May I ask, is it because he is black and not drinking the Huff Po kool-aid?

How dare he not be a Democrat?
edit on 10-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He could be a racist. I'm not one to judge but trying to tear down a black man like this. Well it really speaks for itself. I wish there were another explanation but this appears to be the most likely reason for his opposition to Carson.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ATTENTION

We expect Civility and Decorum in all threads. Additionally, Courtesty is mandatory.

The off topic and rude posts need to cease.

Do not reply to this message.

bigfatfurrytexan
ATS Staff

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I have been loooking for better words to describe Carson...daft and disturbing..you nailed it!

edit on 11-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I think most people feel just because he's a doctor, he has to be smart. Some people are smart at what they do, but when it comes to other areas, they're not so smart. He was a rather quiet candidate at the beginning, but the more he talks, the more I find some of his perspectives rather disturbing.

It seems like the more comfortable a candidate gets, the real person starts emerging.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

What is wrong with knowing the real person before you elect them? Is it really better to elect a teleprompter with good writers from special interest groups? I also think being a successful neurosurgeon is good evidence of his intelligence. Elect this guy and you might be surprised by his compassion and thoughtfulness even if he does say things no careers politician would ever say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join