It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadrunners at the Atomic Testing Museum Oct 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
www.lasvegasnow.com...

Reading this news article, it sounds like the Roadrunners International will be doing a presentation at the Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas. They don't mention the Roadrunners explicitly, but when the CIA gift shop is in the lobby, that is a good clue. Apologies that the event already took place, but look for audio or video.

The CIA employee gift shop is hard to shop at unless you are a current or former CIA employee. But you have to wonder where exactly to display rhe stuff you buy there. For instance, you put the official CIA refrigerator magnet on the door. What exactly do you say when asked about it? I got a CIA Polo shirt that has their patch on it. Just where exactly do you where a CIA Polo shirt? (I think I mentioned this once before that I wore it at a 911 Truther event. )

There is nothing on the Roadrunners website about the event, so I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

some context about what exactly youre talking about would be good

I have no idea what this post is even talking about

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

Did you read the linked article?

The Roadrunners are comprised of former Groom Lake workers, though some TTR workers are members as well.

roadrunnersinternationale.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I wonder what sort of secret stuff they would talk about, maybe something a bit new. I love hearing about the U-2 and A-12/SR-71 programs (I dont want to say the usual ones but...) but I`d love to hear about some of those older classified projects that don`t fly anymore.

I`d love to see what they sell in the CIA giftshop, I coudnt imagine its just magnets, t-shirts and other do-dads.
edit on 11-10-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You can buy all manner of CIA stuff on the interwebz.

I guess I don't understand your post (even after reading the article)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This took place on October 9. The panel was moderated by KLAS-TV investigative reporter George Knapp. Speakers included:

Gene Poteat, a retired senior CIA official, discussing the U-2 and its role in the Cold War.

Dr. David Robarge, CIA Historian, gave a presentation on the A-12 OXCART program.

Thornton "T.D." Barnes, retired Area 51 radar technician, talked about his experience with reverse engineering Soviet fighter planes during project Have Doughnut and Have Drill/Ferry.

Peter Merlin, author and historian, describing some of the later stealth programs as well as separating the reality from many of the mythes surrounding Area 51.

At the conclusion of the panel discussion, the speakers took questions from the audience (which included a number of retired Area 51 personnel, a former F-117A pilot, and others). This event followed the bi-annual reunion of the Roadrunners (an Area 51 veterans organization) that featured several book signings at the National Atomic Testing Museum and representatives from the CIA employee store.They had some nice goodies, but I have been to the actual store at CIA Headquarters and can tell you that this was just a sampling. Perhaps most ironic, they were selling an Area 51 T-shirt with an insignia designed by Glenn Campbell and Jim Goodall, the two people who caused the government the most headaches on this topic in the mid-1990s. Those who arrived early enough were able to visit the Museum's "Area 51: Myth o=r reality?" exhibit, which contains a large number of artifacts, photos, maps, and video interviews.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The CIA gift shop is the official store. You are just trolling at this point. I have nicely answered your questions, but will now cease to reply any further.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Thanks for the feedback. My Glenn Campbell official T-shirt could use a reboot!

Anything new revealed? Any comments about the new hangar pr the new new hangar?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Beg your pardon? I wasn't joking around. I was attempting to point out that CIA logo shirts, hats and all manner of things are available from places like Amazon and other outlets on the internet.

I didn't understand your post (still don't) . What questions are you referring to? I had no questions.

I take exception to the trolling comment. I had no such intentions.

edit...are you sure you are replying to my post?

edit II...My apologies if I have somehow offended you, but I honestly don't understand how I could have.

edit on 10/11/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

edit on 1120151020151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Do you understand the difference between the real thing and a copy? When the CIA sets up the gift shop in the lobby, it is the real thing. What you get on the interwebs is anyone's guess regarding source.

I hate to say it, but a lot of patches on the interwebs are copies. I don't have a lot of patches, but I know the chain of custody.

I do have a Rolex that cost $10 in Taiwan, but it doesn't fool anybody.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm not sure why this thread has drifted into a discussion on the relative merits of various CIA swag available for sale on eBay and elsewhere. It's true that much of the material available for sale on the web consists of reproductions (though not all of it by far). The CIA employee store remains the best source for current and genuine items, and they have been very kind in their support of the Roadrunners bi-annual reunions. Since most people can't visit the store at Langley, Virginia, they brought the store to Nevada, setting up at the Roadrunners hospitality suite and later at the National Atomic Testing Museum. One year, they even took it on the road and set up for a day inside the Little Ale'Inn at Rachel while the Inn hosted a visit by Area 51 veterans and the CIA historian.

As to the last Friday's panel discussion at the Museum, it was not so much an opportunity to reveal newly declassified material as it was a chance to provide the audience with an overview on the actual history of Area 51, correct some of the myths and misconceptions, and provide valuable context (What is Area 51? What role has it served? Why do we still need a classified testing capability?). Perhaps most important, it was an opportunity for people in the audience to ask any questions they wished or, in the case of some former Area 51 workers, to add their own comments. There was a time not so very long ago when this event would not have been possible. Since 2010, when the CIA declassified the fact of the agency's association with Area 51 there has been a flood of declassified documents and photos. The CIA Historian can now speak openly on the subject of Area 51 and provide material support to efforts - such as those of the Roadrunners - to preserve the history and heritage of those who worked at Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.lasvegasnow.com...

The link goes to a video from the event. Remember to patch flash before viewing.

new topics

top topics

join