It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41000. Are we okay with this? 41k deaths per yr. Second hand smoke.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah.....race ya!!!!!! BTW. smokers carry that Nasty carcinoma on your clothes and hair.... how do you even taste your food??

Which is none of your business.

I volunteer on the weekends picking up the empty beer cans and cig butts that are thrown out to the "environmentt"...

Fairly specific. Sorry, calling BS.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah.....race ya!!!!!! BTW. smokers carry that Nasty carcinoma on your clothes and hair.... how do you even taste your food??

I volunteer on the weekends picking up the empty beer cans and cig butts that are thrown out to the "environmentt"...

I quit smoking several years ago. I taste my food just like every other non & former smoker does -- with taste buds. I don't, however, have a cow about walking through cig smoke. It's annoying to the nose from time to time, but I get over it rather quickly. Quite the turn-around from it formerly being a pleasant scent to me. Actually, a cigar still is quite a nice smell, I'll admit that. Different tobacco strokes for different folks, I suppose.

And good for you! I've cleaned up my fair share of trash from private properties & public areas in my life, too, everyone should do it as naturally as bathing once in a while for the good of the land, not because they want to e-peen about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just sayin Sham. Why must a person have to walk through a smoke ridden area. (Several smokers at the entrance of a building) just to have to get to thier place of employment? I just want an honest answer. Smoke stinks. It's bad for you and me. It sticks to clothing and hair.... come on, give me one good reason. If it is that much of an awesome experience why can't you go to your car and roll up the windows and smoke away? Second hand and first hand smoke kills.... period? Why do you want to spread the death warrant??

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
and how are they so sure that those people died from second hand cigarette smoke?
second hand smoke doesn`t kill you overnight, those people have been breathing a lot of toxic stuff in their life times,everything from car exhaust to paint fumes, so there`s no way to be sure that they died from second hand cigarette smoke.
Take it up with your congressman if he really cares about you he will try to outlaw tobacco smoking.Funny how politicians only care about your health when they and their corporate cronies can make money off of you.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I smoke outside always away from people, there always that smart ass that goes out of is was to come and tell me how bad smoking is, i always get my kicks from cry babys.

Great rant

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Really Tar? Come on....
www1.umn.edu...

I get that the majority of the posters replying here are smokers or past smokers, but how can you deny that 2nd hand smoke is deadly?

www1.umn.edu...

Thus far most replies are just hating and have no back up or are smokers who know they are infringing on non smokers.....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Just sayin Sham. Why must a person have to walk through a smoke ridden area. (Several smokers at the entrance of a building) just to have to get to thier place of employment? I just want an honest answer.

Because that is where the nonsmoking lobby has put us. Take it up with them.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thanks Intr. I appreciate the candid responce. But I ask again. If smoking your cig is so awesome, why do you smokers not roll up your windows up and enjoy all of the benefits of your habit?

Why can't you stay inside your home and shut the doors and windows and just smoke em till they are gone?

I witnessed a couple today doing just that, with two kiddos in the back seat..sadly

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Guess what, the air you breathe in from all the exhaust and pollution from all the factories causes more problems than all the second hand smoke combined. In fact, I bet that more than 90% of the carcinogens stay in the original smokers body and all the "2nd hand smoke is harmless and is just a scapegoat for everyone to use.

I bet perfumes and cologne and make up and fabric softeners and detergent are more harmful to us than 2nd hand smoke.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

And are we okay with all the gun deaths and drunk drivers and innocent children being killed by bombs? I bet you could add those up and come up with a significant higher number of deaths and lets not forget about prescription drugs.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They've had a war on smokers in Australia for years now.

All cigarette packs come in plain packaging now (no brand colours allowed), all cigarette packs have health warnings with a disgusting picture to illustrate the particular warning, the average pack of cigarettes costs over $23 and they keep raising the price every few months, smoking is banned in all enclosed public areas, your not even allowed to smoke at bus stops or in outdoor dinning areas... its just starting to get ridiculous now.

Then you'll see the same hardcore health fanatics who pushed for these smoking restrictions so hard jogging down a busy highway. They act like someone burning a leaf anywhere near them is the absolute end of the world, but have no issue jogging down a busy highway with hundreds of cars exhaling extremely toxic chemicals.

lol, if you think the second hand smoke from a leaf is toxic, try inhaling the smoke from the exhaust of a running car and then tell me how you feel...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Soul, Tha ks good responce(s) Still want to know why smokers can't just pleasure themselves rather than having to share the "#".

My bad for the title. Should have read "Smokers please advise"....

Thanks for posting. Good points Soul.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So....you want smokers, when they see you, to turn the other way and walk a few blocks down just so you don't have to walk past them and inhale their smoke? That's what you're implying when you say

Can you at least go about 4 blocks away?
So, smokers should go at least 4 blocks away from where you are at any given time? They should anticipate your coming and modify what they're doing and where they are *for you*? That's selfish and ridiculous.

I smoked for 12 years and hate the smell of it now, but I'd never go that far...As long as it's not in a bar or restaurant..

Hell, I wish people wearing loud ass stinking perfume and cologne and those with BO would go blocks away....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I did a formal debate over second hand smoke. I remember from my research that it was pretty much a big fat lie perpetuated by non-profits and other organizations to make money.

Milk, for example has a higher carcinogen rating than second hand smoke. Don't bother BBQ'ing either -- as that has way more harmful chemicals than second hand smoke.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I witnessed a couple today doing just that, with two kiddos in the back seat..sadly

Uh huh. Another specific thing that "you noticed". I call BS again. Smokers today know what they are doing. And we treat others well. Park the BS propaganda imo.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn. ..... . Sub. Same old responce. Let's talk about second hand smoke. Once more. If is lt is so awsome, why can't you enjoy this practice in your home or car or where it does not affect other non smokers? Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Thanks Intr. I appreciate the candid responce. But I ask again. If smoking your cig is so awesome, why do you smokers not roll up your windows up and enjoy all of the benefits of your habit?

Why can't you stay inside your home and shut the doors and windows and just smoke em till they are gone?

Conversely, one could also ask, why can't you nonsmokers just roll up your windows and stay inside your homes with doors and windows closed to block out all the bad pollutants including cigarette smoke?

If I was in a residence where pervasive cigarette smoke from a neighbor was seeping into my home even when my doors and windows were closed there would be a valid argument.

**I'm a non-smoker.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No BS Intr.. are you perplexed? Give me a good reason that justifies smoking in public.... spreading the poison... I'm not talking about pollution or fumes,or cars or other wise... Dang you smoker peeps take it personally huh? Come on give me one benefit. .. I'm all ears... I call BS on you! Thanks for posting.
edit on 10-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Finally a valid responce!!!!! Let's hear it smokers. Yea or neA!
edit on 10-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No BS Intr.. are you perplexed? Give me a good reason that justifies smoking in public.... spreading the poison... I'm not talking about pollution or fumes,or cars or other wise... Dang you smoker peeps take it personally huh? Come on give me one benefit. .. I'm all ears... I call BS on you! Thanks for posting.

Are you that oblivious? Smokers have been moved outside. There are laws in some areas that say you can't smoke in your car if you have people under 18 in them. Smokers have adhered to ALL the laws and even look like lepers around nonsmokers. "Sorry dude. I'll move." And you want more? I'm pretty sure that most smokers would say F U at this juncture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join