It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41000. Are we okay with this? 41k deaths per yr. Second hand smoke.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As a health fanatic. Former body builder. Runner. Biathlon - ist. And more. WHY do I have to walk through these nasty folk smoking just to get to my office each day.

Can you at least go about 4 blocks away? Why can't I have 12 protien or cardio breaks a day????

If smoking is so awesome and tastes so good, why do they have to hold the cigarette out the window?

Why do I have to inhale the toxic chemicals that they breath out?

I hate that on a beautiful day like today, taking my precious Berner dogs for a car ride that some skank tosses a cig out (still lit) out the window at the stoplight and I'm forced to roll up the windows and shut the sunroof. ...

I love humanity BUT hate smokers (or at least thier actions that are so disrespectful)..

ps. All of my parents and grandparents who are deceased were avid smokers...

Cough cough
... ughhhhh

www.lung.org...://www.google.com/

Thanks for reading. .. sorry smoker people but jeeze. .. nope not sorry... burn em if ya got em, just don't want to have to join you.....

Ok done ...nope not until I can be smoke free in my own little world....

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You already have your "own little world".

It's called "your house". It stops at the front door. When you go out into public you have to tolerate other people. That's how a society works.

You know what? Fat people stress me out. They're lazy and slow, and frustrate me to the point where it negatively affects my blood pressure. Heart disease is a killer. I don't want to see any fat people in public anymore.

And I don't smoke.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Why can't I have 12 protien or cardio breaks a day????

Made me think of a comic I saw once about two service members and one say that the extra breaks are wroth the long term effects. Obviously a joke about it, was in a barracks by the don't smoke stuff.

I agree with your rant and used to be a guilt party of it.

Get into the iffy area of how much we can dictate where and when someone can smoke.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That is horrible. I admit it, and naturally I regret ever having participated in such a spectacle.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
No prob. Let us back in the offices, bars and restaurants. We've been kicked to the curb. Deal with it.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So you're out driving your car around polluting my air and breathing other people's exhaust but a ciggie made you roll up the window and close the sun roof?
Taking your dogs for a car ride....putting all those pollutants into the air so you can give your dogs a ride? Are you serious? Get over yourself.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

As a health fanatic

Doesn't mix with..

taking my precious Berner dogs for a car ride

You are just a different kind of smoker, i wonder how many people your car rides have killed

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
People smoking outside in the open air where it dissipates and doesn't linger like in an office?!? The horror!

Smokers can't smoke in the office. Got it, the smoke just gets everywhere and stays there. Now they can't smoke in restaurants. Or bars. Or outdoor patios of bars. Many businesses around here don't allow smoking within so many feet of the entrance to the building.

Being the super fit person you are, if you're that concerned perhaps you should put that lung capacity to work and hold your breath for the 1.8 seconds it takes to walk through the tiny cloud of smoke that hasn't been blown away by the wind yet.

First world problems and such.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

1.2 million people die from automobile related deaths, globally. Are we okay with this?

The World Health Organization’s Global Status Report on Road Safety 2013 estimates 1.24 million traffic deaths a year – nearly triple the UN’s estimate of annual murders, and twenty times the estimated annual total of deaths in wars. The toll is highest in middle-income countries, as a riskily picturesque mix of vehicles – cars, scooters, small motorcycles, trishaws, sometimes farm animals and carts – combines with the absence of helmet laws, and weaker police and emergency medical services.  The worldwide traffic fatality rate is about 17 per 100,000 people – 50 percent above the 11.4 percent in the U.S., and likely higher if a world figure for deaths per vehicle-mile were available.

[url=http://www.progressive-economy.org/trade_facts/traffic-accidents-kill-1-24-million-people-a-year-worldwide-wars-and-murders-0-44-million/]Source[ /url]

I am not a smoker, never have been. Grew up in a 2 pack a day household. I am a classic 2nd hand smoke survivor.

But...let's research statistics and then be appropriately indignant.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Yes. Because none of those deaths occurred in the OP's "own little world."

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

'Fat people' yes. I have always equate to lazy. But there are exceptions. ..

Good feedback Nth!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Lol my building. .. built in the 1900's there are ash trays in the stalls still.. thanks Intr. I feel ya.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Are comparing smoke to people getting hit by cars?

I some what get the talk about the car fumes and what not, but that isn't what those deaths are getting attributed to.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ubaidian

Ub. I'm the only person in my fam out of 8 that has never lit up. I'll stick w/gum

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Digg. I drive a hybred. I Bet I can out run any smoker...come on its the Rant forum. Get over it....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I hold my breath alot Sham. Like I said, if it's so awesome, go to your car, roll up the windows and smoke away!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't have to inhale thier signal 30's... just sayin

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Suck it up & hold your breath walking through, cupcake. Or is your lung capacity crap?

And gee, thanks for polluting the air slightly less with your fricking hybrid to DRIVE DOGS AROUND. Environmental priorities, yours are a bit messed up.
edit on 10/10/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah.....race ya!!!!!! BTW. smokers carry that Nasty carcinoma on your clothes and hair.... how do you even taste your food??

I volunteer on the weekends picking up the empty beer cans and cig butts that are thrown out to the "environmentt"...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

A lot? How many smokers do you have to pass to get to your door? Thousands? How long does it take to walk past two people standing on the sidewalk having a puff?

Perhaps you need to move out of the city altogether. No cigarette smoke. No pollution and smog. More places to let the dogs out so you don't have to use a vehicle, hybrid or not, to take them outside.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join