It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you dancing in the moonlight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Dancing in the moonlight?

I am...I just got approved for an American Express credit card...thought I had no shot since they are pretty picky about who they accept...guess they liked something about me.

Hope all you fine ladies and gents are having a fine evening tonight

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Debt is dumb......cash is king, and a paid mortgage is replacing the BMW as the status symbol for the wealthy.

Google Dave Ramsey.

And Jefferson Starship has good song with that title as well. They're shining actually. I'm mobile....can't link up.

Good luck to you Muse.
edit on 10-10-2015 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheShadows

Debt is dumb......cash is king, and a paid mortgage is replacing the BMW as the status symbol for the wealthy.

Google Dave Ramsey.

And Jefferson Starship has good song with that title as well. They're shining actually. I'm mobile....can't link up.

Good luck to you Muse.

Debt is definitely dumb

But if you actually use Credit cards responsibly they actually make you money

6% back at supermarkets 3% back at gas stations...1% everywhere else

edit on 10-10-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Word to this.

I use credit cards to make purchases for the company i work for. Since i write the checks for said company, i am certain ill reimburse myself before I incur credit costs.

Its "free money", and it saves our company money on late fees (since not all invoices are billed on net 30 terms). everyone wins.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I love dancing in the moonlight and I do not need a stupid CC company approving me to do so. They will give anyone a chance, but the bill has to be paid in full each month. They are not doing you any favors. Just make sure you use it for important things and not frivolous expenditures.

The only good reason to have one of these is to keep a record of expenses that can be used to itemize your tax records.

Otherwise, I am with INTHESHADOWS , cash is the way to go.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It was great to hear that song after all these years.

And yes, we pay our card off every month and never incur interest. It saves us a percentage on everything we buy. And it's so easy to use! I wrote checks for so many years! And I started to encounter young people who had NEVER written a check! LOL! Little by little, I'm catching up!

Congrats!

InTheShadows - A paid mortgage is a Good Thing, for sure!

top topics

join