It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovering Your Life Goal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Life is meaningless without possessing a purpose.

And whilst the ultimate purpose of your current incarnation might remain unknown unto you, one beautiful part about experiencing existence in this corporeal reality remains a simple truth that applies unto everyone alive:

The purpose of your life is whatever you make of it.

Thus if you devote yourself unto living an existence of debauchery and defilement, that becomes the purported purpose for which you accepted a body and fused your eternal spirit unto the transient imperfections of that temporary home within your material form. And if you dedicate your existence towards effectuating intentional acts of concerted benevolence and spreading positivity across the immense expanse of your potential influence throughout this physical sphere, then you remake your life goal into a determined quest towards leaving light and love suffused within every footprint you leave impressed in the sands of time throughout your sojourn through this level of existence.

That frames the gravamen of the situation. And the underlying point of all this is equally simple:

Whether you remain perpetually cognizant or eternally unaware of this truth, your actions throughout life are expressly or implicitly setting the goals for your existence.

So what are your current actions saying about yourself? How well are they representing your actual ambitions, your inner motivation, and the core expression of your real and authentic self?

Look at what you did over the past week, the past month, the past year. Then decide if you feel comfortable with those actions as an accurate representation of the legacy you want leave in this world.

Have you spent your time working towards the greater good, or have you squandered it away in sloth?

Have you invested your energy towards accomplishing things of value, or are you doing nothing more than the bare minimum necessary for getting by?

Have you spent your life creating things of true worth, or are you perpetually subsiding as a passive participant in reality doing nothing more than consuming and exploiting the creations of others?

Examine what you're actively pursuing right now--the projects you're undertaking and the ambitions you strive towards attaining--and you'll learn much about your essential character.

And if upon analysis you discover you're undertaking nothing and striving towards naught, then you'll know everything you need recognize about your current goals in life--for irrefutably you'll discover you've got zero aims and adverse ambitions.

Then if that's the case you've got an immediate and overwhelming incentive towards changing your ways before it's too late.

For if you fail choose a purpose for your life--and if you never take active steps at working towards it--you might end this existence to disappointing realization that your life had none.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Its called a rat maze and you are in it, Trachel, empty everything you know.

There is a Native indian quote: The way you live your life to the fullest is to walk the earth with gentle steps and leave it like you never was here.

Ambition is for primates

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've always seen setting goals as a recipe for disappointment.
I just roll with punches...go with flow.
Have as much fun and enjoyment as I can.
Take my chances when I get'em.
I'm still here. Oh, the stories I could tell.

new topics

join