It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Turkey: There’s a New Sheriff in Town: Russian Radar Locks on to Turkish Fighter Jets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
So wait are the Russians the victim of the aggressive Turks because they accidentally crossed the border and were chased off and at the same time the aggressive new sheriff in town locking on to a Russian plane? Russia has a small air expeditionary force in Syria that is maintain though vital air corridors. It is surrounded on every side by vastly superior air power that could cut its corridors with ease. The Russians are not going to provoke anybody that can shut them down overnight in Syria.

Russia is using the same tactic in Syria as it did in Georgia and Ukraine. It is going carve out small area with an ethnic minority that loyal to Assad and easy to defend. Hit the other rebels around Syria so ISIS takes most everything else and create a problem for Turkey, Israel and the Arab States who will now have defacto ISIS state on their borders. This is why the Russian hit the rebels that holding back ISIS from Aleppo so ISIS could advance on the city and this is why they are pushing to secure the Alawite areas that have been under threat. This has been Russias MO for some time. Small defensible area with a loyal ethnic minority and then sew chaos in the rest of the country.

Though, nothing much you say is backed up by any evidence.

Though there is evidence of naked savagery going on under ISIS and jihadi rule in Syria and Iraq

Something the US claimed they would eliminate

Though thousands of Christians, Yezidis, and Muslims are being exterminated in Iraq and Syria, and oppressed by jihadi and ISIS rule.

Putin says, before Syria is destroyed, he can’t take the savagery anymore and watch the US play their game of chicken while innocents die.

The Russians have every right to fight this war the way they see fit to win

And all the propaganda by the neo--cons and neoliberals is all smoke and mirrors

By the time the US got around to destroying ISIS everybody would have been dead.

There’d be no more countries to protect from ISIS

And to beat ISIS, as Putin said, you need a ground army

There are no moderate ground army in Syria worth to back up to fight ISIS

The only ground army worth backing is the Syrian army and the Kurds in Syria and Iraq and the Iraqi army, whatever is left of it

edit on 11-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Id be expecting more bombings in Ankara that conveniently originate from Kurdistan..

Turkey is within its right also to go after attackers.

FACE OFF

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I wonder if the Kurds finally have an ally they can trust in Russia. I also noticed the foreign minister of Russia is half Armenian when I googled him. I believe you are right. Face off.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I cannot agree more with what you say. Arguably Russia is not the "sheriff" as portrayed, but just another belligerent.

I really hope Putin does not by omission or by design engineer a confrontation with Turkey or any other power in the vicinity. Putin needs to keep relations cordial.

At the end of the day, Putin's presence in Syria is allowed by Turkey. Closing the Bosphorus would greatly hamper Russian activity.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Bottom line I can see is there is escalating tension between Russia and NATO backed Turkey alright.

A shot at a Russian plane or vice versa, has the potential to start of a major confrontation as we can already see given the stance of each country on Syrian crisis.

Let's not forget Turkey has a sizable military and NATO backing, so it all boils down to just saber intimidation for now.

It will definitely be a grave mistake for any country to shoot at the other.

I mean, from an accidential crossing of Turkish airspace to now a lock on, seems to indicate an escalation of tension between the Turkey and Russia.

To me, I don't seem to see any compromise to ease the tension coming from both sides.

However, unless one is willing to swallow thier pride and come to a resolution, which seems a far fetched thing for either side to comphrehend amdist all the proganda going around.

Let's just hope ISIS is eliminated before anything major happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Not that I want war but I hope Putin roasts turkey & gives us all some for Christmas dins.
Yum.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Another excellent post. I don't really have anything to add but if we all die because of someones ego or stupidity I'm not going to be a happy chappy. Well I guess I won't be anything because I will be dead and world wars can and have started over the stupidest things. For once can we learn from history? Just once and I guess until the next crisis because there is no chance we are going to stop banging heads.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I'm just gonna say this one thing. Putin has become a favorite of the powers that be. Why? Because he is able to be "likeable" by the people.

Russia is still under Rothschild control, always have since the fall of the USSR. The economist reveals that Putin is part of the plan.

Im just saying, keep your eyes peeled because they are following a script. Remember, it was because of Rothschild and Rockefeller influence that the USSR fell. Who's to say Putin isn't their man of the hour?

Sorry, something stinks here, and I highly doubt Obama and Putin are really "rivals" but rather in bed with one another fooling the world. Something just feels off on the whole Syrian situation.

On top of that, there are Freemason lodges in Russia. I know cause my ex confirmed them for me when I was planning to visit. There are also Jesuit lodges in Russia.

"All worlds a stage"

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

A shot at a Russian plane or vice versa, has the potential to start of a major confrontation as we can already see given the stance of each country on Syrian crisis.

No, it doesn't. Arguments, by Mr.Spad and the likes is just spewing garbage.

Russia has no imperialistic intentions ... and they are right, that Assat is the lesser of two evils, and Syria is in reality the only "secular" country left in the region. (Notice I put a " around secular). The US is basically a bunch of religious fanatics, that are acting on Jewish prophecy, that the world is about to end. If you have any knowledge of this, you'll see that every hollywood movie is dead on the subject.

The US economy is in shackles, nobody takes their word seriously anymore. And they are breething their last breath as a superpower, based on European idiot thought that the US saved them in WWII. That's just fiction, stamped "Made in Hollywood".

The US getting into any major conflict, it has no means of survival ... people from India, Russia and China are now in every major sector in society. The "white" trash, is becoming a minority. Any such act, on the behalf of the US, will leave the nation in internal turmoil, war and eventually tear the nation apart. It can never go to a real war, which is why it's hammering on nations like Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan ... nations, that everybody knows don't have the ability to defend itself. It's an illusion, for the US public ... to maintain the sentiment of post-WWII mentality ... being the savior, and coming home with the spoils of war.

Any war, the US fights ... it will never come home with another Oppenheimer, Einstein, Werner von Braun ... and the like. The only thing the US brings home, is increased oil prices ... taxation, poverty and hardship.

The US won't win a thing ... it's all an illusion, to maintain the balance within. And the retarded view, that tearing the middle east down to pieces, will somehow save Israel.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

No, I don't disagree with you there. The reality is that, the guys who plan the wars don't actually take up arms to fight these wars, but deploy regular folks who are sworn to defend thier country with thier lives, unfortunately.

Well, after so many pointless wars by the US and millions of lives lost, the truth has finally unveiled itself. Many in the US military have realised this and are waking up, by refusing to participate in this devious wars for coorporate profits.

There is nothing more sinister than to control and enslave humanity with thier NWO agenda.

Peace
edit on 11-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: double post

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So wait are the Russians the victim of the aggressive Turks because they accidentally crossed the border and were chased off and at the same time the aggressive new sheriff in town locking on to a Russian plane? Russia has a small air expeditionary force in Syria that is maintain though vital air corridors. It is surrounded on every side by vastly superior air power that could cut its corridors with ease. The Russians are not going to provoke anybody that can shut them down overnight in Syria.

Russia is using the same tactic in Syria as it did in Georgia and Ukraine. It is going carve out small area with an ethnic minority that loyal to Assad and easy to defend. Hit the other rebels around Syria so ISIS takes most everything else and create a problem for Turkey, Israel and the Arab States who will now have defacto ISIS state on their borders. This is why the Russian hit the rebels that holding back ISIS from Aleppo so ISIS could advance on the city and this is why they are pushing to secure the Alawite areas that have been under threat. This has been Russias MO for some time. Small defensible area with a loyal ethnic minority and then sew chaos in the rest of the country.

i agree with you , i have watched an interview with a young Saudi guy who went to Syria to fight against the regime found him self with ISIS and was shocked that ISIS never shot a bullet towards the Syrian army, instead all what they were doing is fighting against Syrian rebels , so he decided to run away and go back to Saudi Arabia and because ISIS took his passport he went to the Saudi embassy in Turkey and called his father and went back to Saudi Arabia , and now he is facing five years in prison .

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

i agree with you , i have watched an interview with a young Saudi guy who went to Syria to fight against the regime found him self with ISIS and was shocked that ISIS never shot a bullet towards the Syrian army, instead all what they were doing is fighting against Syrian rebels , so he decided to run away and go back to Saudi Arabia and because ISIS took his passport he went to the Saudi embassy in Turkey and called his father and went back to Saudi Arabia , and now he is facing five years in prison .

Who is saying that ISIS goal is to take out Assad?

ISIS goal is to establish a Islamic nation/Stronghold. ISIS dont need to take out Assad to create its own stronghold. ISIS just need to take terretory and hold it.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The fact that millions of Syrians where displaced as a result ISIS's need to established an Islamic State, they must be stopped at all cost.

And that is exactly what the Russians are doing to rid of IS control, but yet we have the war mongers busy trying to arm insurgents that are only adding to the problem of instability in Syria.

Clear cut as it is, the Obama administration is only supporting ISIS indirectly, but whose not to say ISIS is a by product of US and Israel to begin with.

The truth should be taken for what it is. The war mongers will be at it along with it's allies to get Russia into a full scale war with the Nato alliance, because they can't do it on their own.

An all out war has happened, because, there is no real reason for the US congress to declare war on Russia, and other than mere media rattlings.

Also since Russia is basically doing everyone a favor to rid of the IS, they can't do much but talk.

Peace
edit on 11-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Learn from history and do not poke the bear!

You're not living in Napoleon's day, pal. There's only ONE sheriff on this planet and he's not Russian.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: InfidelCastro

Tootin' lootin' shootin' Putin

Comic Genius!! Damn that was funny, thanks. I almost choked !!
I still like when George, the Big Boss, called him Pooty Poot Poot. The name seems so appropriate. Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not too sure why people are getting so excited over Russia's actions. They're no better than the US. And do you honestly believe that the largest multinational military force, which also contains the most heavily armed and most highly trained nation among its ranks, is even remotely concerned about how they might contain Russia?

You do realize that all these nations are coordinating their bombings with each other? Putin is weak and couldn't even face the Germans over the Ukraine. I laugh at all these people who back the doggy with no bite. Putin only slithers into this situation as a way to show the world that Russia is still relevant despite that everything they do turns into a major disaster. When was the last time Russia won at anything? They didn't win anything over Crimea. It was an international embarrassment. Some say the US is excellent with propaganda and not trustworthy then they beg for Mr. Putin to feed them more lies so they can fill their own hateful narrative of the United States. Tbh, at this point I think the US just wants the oil to remain secure in Iraq. It's probably too late to get rid of Assad. They tried and the plan failed. We cut our losses by abandoning the feeding of the civil war there and stick to bombing any militia forces that move towards oil assets controlled by Iraq, which is in turn sold to us. It's all business.

Russia is more of a pest than anything. As soon as NATO said enough to Russia over the Ukraine they backed down because that's what they do. Play little games like locking onto jets then back down when it is time for them to make their move. Weaklings. Say what you want about the US. At least we don't play childish games. The US and it's allies don't need to lock onto Russian jets because when we lock on, we fire. Russia=all talk and lies. US= only lies. Don't test them though. I also love how Russian media says they've already completely weakened ISIS to the point that thousands are deserting and ISIS will be destroyed in a matter of weeks. Then we find that ISIS advances upon Aleppo the very next day. All the while people on this message board say, "yayyyy go Putin, you're the best, and you'll get those terrorists". You do realize that the Russians got hurt pretty badly over fighting the Afghans in the 80's? More laughs for the international community over incompetent Russia. Putin is a disaster. The US is pretty bad, but Russia is on some whole other level of ridiculous. Barely clinging to relevance in an ever changing world.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nothing happening today cos Putin is giving out medals and furry hats at the F1.

Very strange to watch

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Putin says, before Syria is destroyed, he can’t take the savagery anymore and watch the US play their game of chicken while innocents die.

Is someone looking for a job at RT ?

Because I don't even think RT can write any better propaganda.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join