It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster Tsunami (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is very old news but with the current effects of the South Asia earthquake resulting in the Tsunami, I thought I'd like to tell you about a Tsunami that could happen anytime.

The Cumbre Vieja is a volcanic ridge on the island of Las Palma in Spain's Canary Islands. La Palma is not only the steepest island in the world but has also been the most volcanically active of the Canary Isles in the past 500 years. During the 1949 eruption, the western hald of the Cumbre Vieja ridge slipped several metres downwards into the Atlantic Ocean. This also opened a 2km long fracture which can be easily seen to this day.

Scientists warn that in some future eruption within the next thousands years, the western half of the island (approx 500 sq km of land) weighting an estimated 500 billion tonnes, will slide into the ocean, a so called "lateral collapse". Should that happen, the resulting megatsunami would reach heights of 100 metres and the speed of a jetliner, reaching the African coast in 3 hours, the coast of England in 5, and the eastern seaboard of North America in 12. This could destroy cities along the US's east coast such as New York, Boston, Washington DC, Norfolk, Virginia and Miami and penetrate as far as 25km inland. Waves as high as 130ft would crash through Florida and Brazil coastal towns, Morroco could expect a 300ft wave. What I've just described is the worst scenario, but the worrying fact is the prediction for a volcanic explosion is not if but when.

(I've taken this from my mobile phone (mobile internet) so I haven't really got a link but here is some authentic sites to justify the truth)

www.cdnn.info
The eruption of a volcano in the Canary Islands could trigger a ''mega-tsunami'' that would devastate Atlantic coastlines with waves as high as 330 feet, scientists said on Wednesday.

They said an eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano on La Palma, part of the Spanish island chain off West Africa, was likely to cause a massive chunk of rock to break off, crashing into the sea and kicking up huge walls of water higher than any other in recorded history.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Would this be some kind of Apocalyptic event? It might not happen in our lifetimes but it is inevitable between now and the next few thousand years. Who ever thought on 26th December 2004 a Tsunami would hit South Asia? We were all happy people on Christmas Day and the next day we are saddened by the death of 120,000+ people. I don't think you can even rank this predicted megatsunami as the recent one.

Sometimes it makes me wonder whether we are causing these, just a natural event or God decision on human fate.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.underreported.com
www.telegraph.co.uk
armageddononline.tripod.com

[edit on 2/1/2005 by Channy]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
don't forget NWO scalar weaponry as a possible cause.

new topics

join