It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Flip Flop- Ben Carson raises his Flat Tax proposal to 15%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
That would be fine, but I bet that's not what he's proposing, and even if he did by the time his plan got through the Republican congress it would be changed to no minimum. That means that poor people who pay no taxes now will get a 15% tax increase. How the hell are they going to afford that? They only way is to stop buying everything but food, which will kill the economy.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:36 AM

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

So this is what you're saying. The wealthy will pay more in taxes under the flat tax rate than they do now? Will the wealthy not benefit the most from the flat?

They will pay more...

I wasn't missing any 'point'. You claimed flat out that the wealthiest paid 90% of all taxes. You were dead wrong. You clearly didn't bother to check this up.

Here was my post below... I didn't claim a thing...

Really? On one side you and others would complain that the super rich pay no taxes even if they said to pay 90%...just find more write-offs.

I put the "if" in bold so you can see it this time. I said even IF they were told to pay 90% they would still have write-offs that would greatly reduce whatever the percentage is. When it is flat take there are no write-offs to lower your taxes...

There's no financial benefit to the poor under Carsons proposal, or under the flat tax in general. The hope is that the wealth will trickle down.

We are talking paying taxes here, right? the poor do not pay very much in federal taxes so what financial benefit are you talking about when they would not pay taxes?

edit on 11-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:12 AM

originally posted by: OptimisticCynic

originally posted by: libertytoall

originally posted by: Echo007
I think most of us know Ben Carson will never become the president. Hes not well known like most of the other candidates. The only reason he still running is to steal black votes from other candidates.

Yes, you're right. He's been running to steal the black votes from other candidates.. (facepalm)

Wow how racist are you? Because black people only vote for Black people right? Or arent smart enough to figure out how to vote for someone based on their ideas?

You know at some point the black democrat voters are going to get tired of being treated by the democrats, like they are stupid and have to be led by the nose

I see more racism coming out of the democrats and liberal left then anywhere else

And isnt he actually leading Trump in some polls?

How racist am I? How dislexic or illiterate are you? My statement was a sarcastic response to some other moron who made that statement first. Did you not read the previous post? That might be a good idea so that you can have your facts straight before chiming in with your load of s__t.
edit on 11-10-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:31 PM

originally posted by: CB328
Almost hidden in this CNN article is a very crucial fact- Ben Carson says his flat tax proposal is being increased from 10% to around 15%. This is huge news. Considering that many poor people currently pay no taxes after deductions and refunds, this would be a giant tax increase for people who can't afford it at all. I know my standard of living would be destroyed, and my income is around the US average. I've always said the flat tax is a stupid idea, but of course Republicans love it because it would lower the tax rate on the wealthy and raise it on the poor and middle class. Not to mention a big flat tax like this could cut consumer spending which would ruin the economy.

15% doesn't matter. Tax rates have no impact on quality of life. The economics of the area adjust to the disposable income people have available. Because of this a person with a 70% tax rate can have more purchasing power than the same person with a 10% tax rate.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:28 AM
a reply to: Xtrozero

They will pay more...

So Carson is raising taxes on the rich as part of his plan?

This is essentially what you're claiming, which is nonsense. Carson has stated time and time his intention for his flat tax plan is to lower taxes, this includes the rich. What you've decided to do in this thread is a whole lot of mental gymnastics to argue this isn't necessarily the case, when it clearly is. Somehow the flat tax will be more of a financial burden to the rich, as you claim, but for some reason neither he claims this is his intention, nor are his wealthy donors aware of this. don't be coy.

Critics complain that the poor guy who puts in $1 will be hurt more than the rich guy who puts in $1 billion. But, Carson asks: "Where does it say you've got to hurt the [rich] guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot. We don't need to hurt him. It's that kind of thinking that has resulted in 602 banks in the Cayman Islands."

He says the above, but you claim his tax plan system will tax the wealthy more. Are you reading what you're posting?

Here was my post below... I didn't claim a thing...

Yes you did.

They don't pay 90% in taxes, not close. It seems like you're aware of this now since you're eager to deny this is what you implied or said.

new topics

top topics
<< 1   >>