It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kasich says Social Security has to be cut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Of all the Republican candidates for President John Kasich was the most palatable to me as a Democrat with his talk of "compassionate conservatism" and concern for the poor. Now he has lost all acceptability by releasing his financial plan for the country which includes cutting Social Security benefits, or as he calls them "entitlements". Republicans like to use that phrase to try to convince people that people are getting a free ride from the taxpayer when in fact every worker and their employer pay into the system their entire working life to provide funds for their payments. Of course his plan is to plan the cuts for years in the future in the hopes that current seniors won't be against it, and capitalizing on class warfare as young people usually don't care about funding social security for older people and they don't realize how much they will need those payments when they're older.

www.cnn.com...

John Kasich on Social Security cuts: 'Get over it'

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So does that mean we don't pay as much in to SSI?

If I'm getting less back, then I should pay less in right?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Who?

LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Switch blade pack'n, back stab'n, throat cut'n, candy stripe'n,
cookie crumblers.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Never mind that the employee pays one half of the Social Security contribution and the employer pays the other half. The Social Security Commission was supposed to fund itself with the interest off of all the monies they are holding. Now, I wonder who is getting the interest?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
my generation isnt going to see SS anyway

We dont get what we pay in half the time , and the gov uses our SS as a slush fund to pull money from

I say take the CRACK that is SS away from Washington

OP is on a posting tirade against GOP today, this is like his 3rd hit piece on a candidate today
edit on 10/10/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

but the gov't took it and gave the fund some fancy treasury bonds, so it's the gov't that owes not only the money that was put into it, but also the interest on that money. it worked great for the politicians in office as long as the taxes being collected was above that of what was being paid out. now that more money is going out than coming in, well, the gov't has to make good on some of those fancy treasury bonds, which means that not only have they lost out the social security funds as a resource to keep their budgets balanced and expenses growing, they also have to take some out of their available money to put some of the money they've already took and spent. which well, as you can imagine, really puts a crimp in their style!

edit on 10-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I fear that cuts are the way of the future. After various administrations have raided the SS fund over decades for other programs, they now say the payees must suffer because of looming shortages. Yet they continually hike their own benefits whenever they feel a pinch.

This is off topic, but when I said above that "cuts are the way of the future," I wasn't merely speculating. I was informed yesterday that the Teamsters retirement fund in Illinois (if not elsewhere) is in serious trouble and come next July 1 my brother's pension from the Teamsters will be cut $1400 a month! Yes, they have a hefty pension, but it was promised as such and not that promise is going to be seriously broken. For most of middle Americans, that $1400 amounts to at least a monthly house payment.

You don't need a reason to wonder why people are going hog-wild and killing themselves, their families or other people where they work. It is only going to get worse (under the worse president this country has ever had).

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is all a part of the globalist agenda of austerity.

Regarding SS:
People must understand that this economy no longer provides pensions like it use to. And people rarely work for the same company anymore to even after 20 or 30 years get any pension

ALL that will be there is SS for most therefere if they get rid of it millions will suffer

401K are perilous because of wall street greed .

When we had powerful unions and the rich were taxed right the economy boomed

We were headed towards a great economy until the 80's when Reagan let the pigs in the pen

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join