It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Sighting - thought you might find interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi All, I have been debating whether to post this at all as I am not trying to grab and limelight or anything, but thought you might be interested to hear about what my Wife and I saw, in some detail, about 6 years ago. It changed my view of the world forever.

Before I go into this, I just want to point out I am not a UFO fanatic - I am very much from the 'X-Files' generation so very much interested in the idea of Aliens etc... but I have never really gone out of my way to look into it or anything. By background, I am actually an Aeronautical Engineer, having a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from a decent UK University, so my interest is mainly in aviation, and although I no longer work in Aerospace (I now work in Construction) I feel confident to say I know more than most about aircraft, what's out there and how they work.

So - to the story - about 6 or 7 years ago one January my Wife was in the back garden, it was about 10PM at night or something like that. My wife asked for me to come outside as she could see something odd in the sky - my Wife has near perfect vision as at that time she had recently had LASEK eye surgery so she could see this weird sight, but in all honesty I could not or had missed it by that point. When I went outside she said she had seen what looked like a an appearing and disappearing tail in the sky. I said I had no idea what it might be but though it could be shooting stars or something like that, so said let's head back inside as it was pretty cold. But - as we turned around we both saw something approaching our house which just freaked me out - it was a bonefide flying disc, totally silent, spinning round fairly slowly. It continued to approach the house, I think getting lower and with the spin slowing down further at which point my Wife bolted and ran inside the house crying because she was so scared!

Given my background, I was totally blown away by this, and I was tempted to try and run in and grab my phone to film it but I frankly would have missed by the time I got back out, plus it was dark so the phone would not have picked it up, so I just gawped at the thing as it flew over my head and onward toward the centre of Manchester. It was absolutely clear to me as a metallic disc, sort of light grey matt finish with what appeared to be a notch on the edge of it, and a green light on the opposite side both of which made it very easy to see that it was spinning round. It also had a red light in the very middle of it. It was totally silent.

To me - it looked man made - the reason I say that is that it had the same sort of shaded finish as military jet - light grey matt, and you could see some very slight variation in finish presumably where the different parts of the external skin had been put together. Also the lights it had - they were almost like navigation lights of some kind, although there were no strobes at all. Who knows.

People can call me a nut or a crackpot, I don't mind, I know what I saw and it was not anything conventional. What is did tell me is that if it is man made, there is a level technology that is flying around in the skies which we have no mainstream knowledge of. Maybe this is next big leap after the jet engine. I can imagine why a Government (or Governments), if they had this sort of tech, would keep it so secret to avoid leaks, because it would give a major advantage to any nation or company in the future.

Note you can read the actual report we made after the sighting here:

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

- what's interesting is that other people in the same area also saw something that night, which I think adds credibility to this.

Hope it's interesting to you all - changed my life forever. Please feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will try to answer them as best I can.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To note to readers, if you go to the OPs link and read the comment section it seems to be corroborated by other people. Though that's not to say someone couldn't post this and make comments themselves [no offence OP]

It is however relevant, and interesting.

Here is one of the comments:

Yes I live in Blackley, me and my partner was eating pizza on a bench on middleton rd/blackley new rd when we saw a disc shaped spinning orange light directly above us. It didnt seem to be very high up, and all I remember is that we were trying to look for how it was actually flying. It seemed to move slowly in the direction of the bridge then suddenly flew off and disapeared in seconds. I only typed in ufo in blackley on the internet for a laugh, I cant believe other people saw this. Defo not a military craft, way too low and no sound. Strange or cool.

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...
edit on 10-10-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
When you say your from Manchester the automatic assumption is crackpot...

But seriously nice story and adleast you aren't pushing it was defo a ufo (alien)....quite refreshing.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JEKS1979

What is did tell me is that if it is man made, there is a level technology that is flying around in the skies which we have no mainstream knowledge of.

I've been thinking this exact sentiment since I had a daylight sighting back in 1983 !! TPTB are effing us over BIG TIME - for a long time. This world has technology you or I couldn't believe or comprehend, and nobody is letting us use any of it. The worst part of it is that WE pay for it all !! These people or whatever they are, must be stopped, somehow.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

What is did tell me is that if it is man made, there is a level technology that is flying around in the skies which we have no mainstream knowledge of.

I've been thinking this exact sentiment since I had a daylight sighting back in 1983 !! TPTB are effing us over BIG TIME - for a long time. This world has technology you or I couldn't believe or comprehend, and nobody is letting us use any of it. The worst part of it is that WE pay for it all !! These people or whatever they are, must be stopped, somehow.

Relax, we'll all get to play with it soon enough.

First however, and the preperations are almost complete, the fake alien invasion.

The world will witness this invasion in major cities world-wide.

The msm will tell us what it means and who they are.

The world will unite into one order under some kind of manufactured threat.

We will be one world-wide country and the new tech will pour all over us and saturate every aspect of our life, squashing any worries or negative feelings as we say goodbye to everything in life that we used to know.

Our grandkids won't understand what we mean and they will think we are crazy and hopelessly lost.
edit on 10-10-2015 by NowWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That's an interesting sighting. Apparently, based on the comments from the link in your OP, you and your wife were not the only ones to have seen this object.

Thank you for sharing your sighting. By any chance, did your decision to join the ATS community have anything to do with your experience?

-dex

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

You miss the part where some of us have actually undergone UFO abductions. That is an important aspect of the situation. No alien scare is necessary to be engineered.

The evidence is here to those that can accept it. But you are partly right with what some of us, abductee such as myself and others, have been saying for decades. The world is being made to get serious about itself. A NWO via globalization is in the works and it isn't our agenda. No powerhouse country wants to give up their superiority. However, the ETs claim the high ground and we have no choice. The formation of the EU is the beginning. Other major countries of power around the world, especially the US, will have a slow and difficult process of coming around to that union. Perhaps something very extreme will have to be the spark--which could be a landing. Certainly, the threats against normalcy from the Middle East sectors will have to be addressed in somewhat drastic ways for a NWO to be complete.

Eventually, the powers such as Japan, India, and even China will listen to reason for joining a NWO when it becomes clear that they have no choice. Actually, so-called "trade agreements" now in play will do a lot to normalize relations between competing countries. The influx of refugees have been an unknown factor that will alter all previous thinking and speed the process as a direct mixing of peoples was not quite in the plans.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems like you got a good look at it. How big was it, and do you think it could have been a drone? With so many drones around nowadays it's a possibility.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems like you got a good look at it. How big was it, and do you think it could have been a drone? With so many drones around nowadays it's a possibility.

Re-read the OP.

Their sighting was six years ago...Drones weren't very popular back then, save for war zones maybe.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Good story JEK. I also saw a flying disc. In 1965. Clearly it was a flying object of substance and not just a chimera.

The question for me though is still this. Which of three possibilities do I side with. Non terrestrial? Man made? Or do I question my own veracity. Interestingly, my big question during this sighting, as I was seeing it was 'am I really seeing it?. More than tryng to figure if it was man made or otherwise, I was thinking is this just me, making this up for my own thrill? And even as I was thinking that, I continued to see it. A flying disc, not unlike the popular conceptions of the time. Now if I could only figure out if what I saw as man made or otherwise.

I just have a very hard time wondering how, just how there might have been this hidden tech way back then and still remain so well disguised from us publicly.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Did it look anything like this? Image was captured by a Council Worker north of Melbourne, Australia in 2004 undergoing routine audit of a railway crossing. I remember seeing it on the news and it caused quite a stir.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Excellent post. ministrywrite

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

My late father used to work in rather shadowy jobs ,
and when I used to ask him about these kind of things ,
he would knowingly nod and say ....'flywheels'

www.sacred-texts.com...

A bicycle wheel is a flywheel. If you remove the rim
and tire,leaving only the spokes sticking out of the hub,
you still have a flywheel. In fact, spokes alone make a
more efficient flywheel than the complete wheel .But
spokes alone still generate centrifugal force equally
in all directions from the plane of rotation. All you
have to do to concentrate centrifugal force in one
direction is remove all the spokes but one. That one
spokestill functions as a flywheel, even though it is not
a wheel any longer.But our centrifuge still generates
a centrifugal force acceleration in all directions around
the plane of rotation.To solve this problem, now that we have come
to it, we need merely to accelerate the spoke through a few degrees
of arc and then let it complete the cycle of revolution without
power. As long as it is accelerated during the same arc at each
cycle, the locomotive will lurch in one direction, albeit
intermittently. But don't forget that the piston engine also drives
intermittently. The regular centrifugal pulses can be evened out by
mounting several centrifuges on the same axle so that a pulse from
another flywheel takes over as soon as one pulse of power is past
it's arc. Therefore, what we need is a spoke that has a
tremendous velocity with minimal mass. They don't make spokes like
that for bicycle wheels. A search through the engineers' catalog
however, turns up just the kind of centrifuge we need. An electron
has no mass at rest (you cannot find a smaller minimum mass than
that); all it's mass is inherent in its velocity. So we build an
electron raceway in the shape of a doughnut in which we can
accelerate an electron to a speed close to that of light. As the
speed of light is approached, the energy of acceleration is
converted to a momentum approaching infinity.High energy
electrons ionize the air surrounding them. This causes the
betatrons to glow like an annular neon tube.

Therefore, around the rim of the saucer a ring of lights will
glow like a string of shining beads at night.

Ergo , it may be one of ours , and hopefully one day , they'll tell us ....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing OP! I followed up from your comment in that other thread to see if you had posted yet your experience.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At this point in time, 2015, what you saw had a good chance of being human made. Of course where the technology came from is another matter.

If you are curious about this kind of thing we are discussing secret human space programs in these threads:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey all, thanks for the replies, will try and answer your questions one by one.

boncho - can 110% assure you I did not write those other posts, I was actually amazed to see that quite a few other people saw it, shame none of us managed to get a photo of it though.

Echoes in Time - the size was hard to say, it wasn't massive by any means, I estimated it was about the size of a 737 but it was hard to make that out accurately. It was definitely much bigger than a small drone or light aircraft. It could have been some sort of UAV as I there was no way of working out of there was a pilot, but even then it was spinning, saucer shaped UAV, moving totally silently.

Terry McGuire - I could not agree with you more! We were the same, I mean what we saw was so mind blowing we even thought 'had we dreamed this?' but 100% for sure it was absolutely real and it did happen.

heffo7 - that's a good photo, but the main difference between your photo and what I saw was that this thing was pretty much symmetrical top and bottom, it had a very shallow curve or angle (like a very wide spinning top).

Just FYI I tried to sketch out (very badly) what it looked like. I can't recall whether the red light was in the middle and the green light on the outside or vice versa but you get the idea. I have often wondered what the notch was for - it must have had some functional purpose, maybe a sensor array, heat sink or inlet/exhaust. One thing it did remind me of a bit - is the Pye Wacket lenticular missile developed in the 60's (supposedly canned but I am not convinced when you look at the claimed performance ability of the design), one of the early designs had a notch like this and I think that was for sensors (not sure).

The other thing is - where I live is not so far from BAE Warton - this is where BAE systems design and develop their advanced systems. I wonder if this thing was linked to BAE (or was maybe being tested out of there for the US Government or someone like Northrop Grumman or Lockheed).

Note my Wife (who hates talking about UFO's) has actually, including this one, seen 3 UFO's in her life. The first one was when she was about 10, she was in the back seat of her Dad's car coming home from the fair and she says when she looked up the sky was filled with what she described as a 'city in the sky' - she actually cries about it when I ask her to recall it and she was so scared. Some other kids from her school saw it too. The second one was this one, the third one was about a year ago, she was driving home from work past Manchester Airport and she saw something hovering the in air, part sticking out of a cloud. She described it to me as like a dark grey coloured crane in the sky, but when I asked her for more detail turned out what she saw was a boomerang shaped object (imagine a 90 degree angle as used for setting put/drawing work i.e. the head of an arrow). She reported it to MCR Airport but got no response.

edit on 12-10-2015 by JEKS1979 because: Updated

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's what it looked like....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Red and green are standard colors for navigation lights.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Makes you wonder doesn't it! 7 years ago I would have said it's total fantasy, but given what I saw (and assuming it is man made) it is almost 100% probable that we are already in space in some big way with tech like this....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Yeah that's what I thought too, odd that a flying disc has navigation lights - I mean, why would it need them? It had no strobe light though.

Maybe even this thing, when it comes in to land (wherever that is), needs nav lights too so it's easily visible to the naked eye as to it's proximity, and it's direction of travel.

That's why I am inclined to think it is man made.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join