It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Your Candy Bar Was Made By Child Slaves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux...
I myself love chocolate but will be boycotting all those companies, not just chocolate candy makers: Hersheys, Mars and Nestle...

We have been informed for years that child slavery is an epidemic, especially in 3rd world countries, I try to be a responsible consumer. The reason I am even more up in arms about the chocolate industry is because chocolate is NOT a necessity. Not that items of necessity are justification for child slavery, it's just an even larger abomination. I'll never look at chocolate the same again.

This sickens me as much as abortion and capital punishment!

But tell me, with the current corrupt regime and last 3 corrupt administrations, NOTHING will be done!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This was on BBC's world service radio.
it is the Big chocolate companyes that are doing it.
cadburys, nestles.
they have plantations with black slaves.
they BUY they at 8 years old.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Well the same chocolate bar that sold for $.25 in 2000 is now $1.00 so I don't see what more they want from the consumer.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I always hated that "be thankful because someone has it worse", cause all it seems to really accomplish saying is, never try to improve things just suck it up cause someone else has it worse and since others have it worse you have no right to feel bad for your sufferings. It's a complete bull# saying. That others have it worse should be nothing more than incentive to improve things on all levels not a way to guilt people for feeling bad about their lot in life and try to force them to accept their status quot.

Let me put it this way, that we have it bad and others have it worse is not a reason to feel better about your lot in life, it's a reason to be more pissed off at the way things are, cause it means that we have that much further to go if pretty #ing #ty lives is still better than many.

The way we always used it is a bit different than how you're interpreting it. Charity is one of the tenets of our faith. And not "donate some money to an organization that claims it's helping a cause", but really going out & helping the causes themselves. So we always used that phrase 1. as a reminder that there's always more work to be done; and 2. when we'd start getting greedy, selfish, or complained too much.

An example of the second situation:
Me: "woe is me! why have I been forsaken! everything sucks! waah!"
My Mom: "Huh? You're in good health, you're free to follow your dreams & you have a roof over your head. Several of your cousins are in prison right now & one of your aunts is dying from AIDS. Be thankful for your situation because it could easily be worse."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join