It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Killing ...in the name of (research)...It...sets a horrific precedent for future research"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
considering that we humans don`t know what happens after we die I don`t believe we have enough information to judge whether death is a good thing or bad thing.
we simple don`t know whether it is better to be alive or dead so we certainly aren`t in any position to make laws preventing death.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Anywhoo, got to run, sorry but I have a lovely grandchild having a terrific party today.

I hope your party went really well!! Little kids are the bestest.

I'll leave you guys in your fantasy land that there is no irony here and to pat yourselves on the
back and to have a good old time saying nasty things about me to each other, as usual with you guys!

Wow, just exactly how self-absorbed are you again, there, grammie? That you think you are the center of attention AND of the universe?

Have fun and enjoy!

WooT! Yeah!!! Hey, guys, let's all talk about grandmakdw now!!!

*major eyeroll and gag*

edit on 10/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I actually like you. There are people that post here that I often disagree with or simply do not understand but I still like them. You're one of them.

Let's be honest though... the world we live in is a meat grinder. There is no excusing it, no explaining it, no justifying it... our world is a meat grinder that chews us all up in the end. Fetus, elderly, young person... it doesn't matter. The world is a meat grinder and in the end we will be ground up and consumed by the world. We have a certain length of time here... a few minutes... or a few decades... both being a blink of the eye in the grand scheme.

My mother seriously considered aborting me. I think about that decision and I completely understand it. She had two mouths to feed and no fathers around to help out. I understand her desire to abort. I would never had a chance to live, but those are the breaks. In the end I'll just fall into the meat grinder like everybody else. It's just a difference of a few years. We're not as special as some would like to think.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: grandmakdw
The Huffington Post is a very very liberal publication.

You did not link to the Huffington Post.

It stated clearly that the person who was against killing for research
wrote for the Huffington Post and the writers editorial
expressing this view was published in the Huffington Post.

"The incident led University of Colorado ecology professor Marc Bekoff to write in an op-ed for the Huffington Post: “Killing ‘in the name of conservation’ or ‘in the name of education’ or ‘in the name of whatever’ simply needs to stop. It is wrong and sets a horrific precedent for future research and for children.”" (Direct quote from the article)

edit on 7Sun, 11 Oct 2015 07:30:16 -0500am101110amk110 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

A bird has no concept of what being alive is either.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Made this thread last night...

Killing in the Name Of... Science????

Although you may have added a twist for comparison, you've linked the same story. It wasn't very far up on the list of new stories. You might do a search or at least link another posted story if you need to use it as an example, rather than throwing out the same story.

Sorry, I didn't know.

Feel free to ask the mods to shut down my thread if you like.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

1. None of the articles you linked has anything to do with birds

2. None of the articles you linked say that abortion should be done strictly for research

3. All of the articles you linked say that if a woman wants to donate her aborted fetus for research (instead of burying it or burning it), it isn't a bad thing, as long as there is no profit in it.

4. At least one of the articles you linked says that if anyone profits, it's large corporations, not Planned Parenthood (which is a non-profit), and certainly not the women who had the abortions. Even so, no one forces the women to have the abortions, nor does anyone force the woman to donate her fetus for research.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Well, then, I don't agree with the Huff Po author.

We humans are here on the earth and we've taken it upon ourselves to try to control the environment instead of live within it. So, we re-route waterways for our convenience, pour our garbage into oceans, over-fish and -hunt certain areas, emit toxic chemicals into the air and water, destroy habitats of animals and basically mess up the environmental balance so badly, that it no longer serves us (or the other inhabitants) as it was meant to.

So, we find ourselves in a position of trying to correct some of the damage we've done. If that means killing a bird to learn more about it with the goal of increasing the population or balancing the environment, then I would support it. It's not like this bird was killed to use its plumage as a decoration in someone's house...

I agree with TrueBrit here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this still has no connection whatsoever with someone choosing to have a medical procedure performed on their body. And abortion isn't done "in the name of" anything.

originally posted by: Tardacus
considering that we humans don`t know what happens after we die I don`t believe we have enough information to judge whether death is a good thing or bad thing.
we simple don`t know whether it is better to be alive or dead so we certainly aren`t in any position to make laws preventing death.

I also agree with this, although I understand that not everyone sees it this way. That's why it's imperative that each woman decides for HERSELF what to do with her body. The government shouldn't be making such personal choices for individuals.

grandma, do you think the government should make such personal choices for individuals?

edit on 10/11/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join