It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Trudeau: "Dude, What have you done with my hope and change?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was wondering where I had read about the menace that Stephen Harper is to our continental neighbors. I finally realized that it was in the on line Liberal Party platform!

www.liberal.ca...

We will renew and repair our relationships with our North American partners.

For the past decade, Stephen Harper has led a government that is increasingly partisan, suspicious, and hostile when dealing with our closest neighbours: the United States and Mexico. We will end this antagonism and work with our
partners to advance our shared interests.

Can you imagine the gall of the man, being suspicious of the United States! Justin Trudeau is going to put all that right. He is not going to be suspicious of the United States.

Oh, he's "ready" alright.
edit on 10-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
you thought he said "hope and change" what he really said was "hope for change". vote for me and hope for change.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Thanks for the correction. I should have titled the thread "Dude, what have you done with my hope for change?"

I think the main thrust of my posts is still valid though. Mr. Trudeau is presenting a false "hope" and only cosmetic or very dubious changes.

In another thread I addressed his move to prevent senators from the Liberal Party from identifying themselves as Liberal. This is seen by many as a prelude to the abolition of the Senate. A lot of naive people don't realize that this is only the latest move in a longstanding effort to centralize power in the Prime Minister's office.

It is a follow up move to a trend of appointing "celebrities" as senators, people who have little experience in government. The effect of this is to reduce the strength of the Senate as the "chamber of sober second thought" capable of offering meaningful criticism of government bills. We haven't had a serious confrontation between the Senate and a sitting government for a long time.

The expense account problems being faced by "Pretty Pammie" and "Fatty Duffy", two celebrity senators, are being used as ammunition in the fight to get rid of the Senate. That is one of the most shameful attacks on the tradition of parliamentary government in this country that has ever been launched. Where does Mr. Trudeau stand on this?

Ostensibly, Trudeau wants to "reform" the Senate by making the appointment process "transparent" and "non-partisan". He would like to see a Senate populated with "non-partisan" senators. He is en-route, in my opinion, to becoming a modern Diogenes, dragging his feet across the land, holding a lantern in front of him to shine in the faces of potential senators, searching for a "non-partisan" man. In my opinion this is a fantasy formulated by someone who is, in fact, owing to his youth, inexperience and simple mindedness, engaged on no less than the reinvention of the wheel in politics.

I am truly staggered to see that there is an audience for this stuff in Canada. It makes me wonder if Canadians have caught what used to be a uniquely American "dumbing down" virus.

Anyway, thank you again for your correction.
edit on 11-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic
You are just another low information voter. Did you not read about harper getting caught SPYING on the U.S.A. during G-20 talks? How about telling President Barack Obama that the Keystone pipeline is a no brainer and he will not take no for an answer. Last but more importantly, steve harper has ties to the conservative skinhead, white supremacist Neo-Nazi group The Heritage Front. He also was a card carrying co-founding member of the anti-black, pro-apartheid, KKK styled organization The Northern Foundation. (even steve can't completely "white" wash the web of his nefarious history). Do these explain President Obama's treatment of steve?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: brice
You are just another low information voter.

They are legion.

Did you not read about harper getting caught SPYING on the U.S.A. during G-20 talks?

I didn't read about that myself, but I am certainly glad it happened. Of course the Americans would never spy on us.

How about telling President Barack Obama that the Keystone pipeline is a no brainer and he will not take no for an answer.

Good for the Prime Minister. I wouldn't say the pipeline is a no-brainer. I think it is a brainer myself. It's important, but it does have many "issues" attached. I think it will happen eventually after clearing many hurdles.

Last but more importantly, steve harper has ties to the conservative skinhead, white supremacist Neo-Nazi group The Heritage Front. He also was a card carrying co-founding member of the anti-black, pro-apartheid, KKK styled organization The Northern Foundation. (even steve can't completely "white" wash the web of his nefarious history).

I don't know that this is true, but assuming it is, surely he has put that all behind him. Were these errors of youth, like Pierre Trudeau's cruising around Montreal during WW2 on his motorcycle wearing a Nazi helmet? One wouldn't accuse the father of being a Nazi or the son of being a crypto Nazi, would one?

Do these explain President Obama's treatment of steve?

I would look at US domestic politics myself for any likely rational behind the attitudes of the US President.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Thank you! You basically took the words from me.

But "low information voter"?

Hahahahaha... Uhhhhhhhhhh...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I wasn't agreeing with the "low information" comment, just generalizing.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Transport Quebec, the government body overseeing the revitalization, hopes to maintain all existing lanes during the highway detour phase of the project, Michael Genereux.. However, regardless of all the measures put in place by the construction and transportation teams there is bound to be major congestion and gridlock issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join