It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain Monster Go-Pro footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Firstly, I fully understand that the people who have put this video up are known hoaxers. Personally, I believe this to be hoaxed as well, however I sometimes like to have a little "what if" moment.

The story goes that a woman was swimming with a Go-Pro attached and was attacked by Champ him / herself. The pictures (of which I maintain are CGI), are terrifying, but about halfway through they play the video (of which I maintain is CGI). Faked or not, I'm never going into the water again!

www.youtube.com...

Please let me re-state that I fully know these guys are guilty of hoaxing and my opinion is that this is a hoax as well. I am sharing it because

A: I still find it terrifying and,

B: the quality of hoaxes seems to be better and better meaning it's now harder than ever to determine authenticity of videos (or photos), like these.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

Ive never understood why people hoax, its annoying and just seems like a huge waist of time.

seriously what is the point.
edit on 10 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I fully agree. Do they obtain some sort of satisfaction from tricking the gullible? I fail to see their motives. I guess the people behind this are possibly making money somehow, but I do find it frustrating.

The video above has remarkably deep blue coloured water. I would be surprised if that's what Lake Champlains water actually looks like. They've obviously applied a blue filter because when the lady surfaces, the sky etc maintains that same hue.

If I could wave a magic wand and remove all hoax videos etc from the internet, I would!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Fun video despite what it's turned out to be-just a hoax? Thought, it looked like a water fowl of sorts first off. Maybe one digitally altered to appear more monster-like.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

Ive never understood why people hoax, its annoying and just seems like a huge waist of time.

seriously what is the point.

It is the same mentality that many hackers use to create malware and viruses. They cannot get any personal satisfaction or notoriety from the constructive aspects of life, but they know it is much easier to accomplish that by being destructive.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They made Champ look like Frankenweenie.....

Too much time meet hands. Hands meet too much time.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
My very first thought while watching the video was, T-Rex can't swim with those puny arms.

In all seriousness hasn't anyone heard of the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" ? Hoaxers don't just make themselves look bad, they make an entire area of study look bad. I think they should be punished in some way. If a scientist were to "find" a new "species" and tried to pass it off as the real deal and it turned out to be a hoax, what would happen to them?

It bugs me to know end when it comes to hoaxers...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Bwhaaaaahaaa

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think the footage is built from underwater video of cormorants.

www.youtube.com...

I can't quite find the footage I'm thinking of, but I have seen a documentary on fishermen in Asia using them to catch fish. In one scene, the bird comes at the underwater camera (chasing a fish), with it's mouth open. I'm sure, with a bit of technical wizardry, something like that could be transformed into something like the "Champ" video above.

EDIT: yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines as you, dreamingawake

edit on 10/10/15 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

top topics

join