It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So far in 2015, we’ve had 274 days and 294 mass shootings"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
shootingtracker.com...

Washington Post: Shooting in Oregon: So far in 2015, we’ve had 274 days and 294 mass shootings

Today a shooter opened fire at a community college in Oregon. Early media reports indicate numerous fatalities and a number of additional people wounded. That brings the total of mass shootings this year -- incidents where four or more people are killed or injured by gunfire -- to 294.
There have been only 274 days this year.
www.washingtonpost.com...

I see this ongoing domestic occuance as a mirror of the ongoing disturbance overseas.

Apparently what goes around comes back around; suppose some offenders really do even crap where they eat?

3 years ago, Obama vows to take measures to stop the tragedies 'regardless of the politics' (irony much?):

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eugenic

Washington Post apparently doesn't have good reporters.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh, THAT's the problem - the messenger? - figures.

About
Christopher Ingraham writes about politics, drug policy and all things data. He previously worked at the Brookings Institution and the Pew Research Center.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Never mind.

edit on 9-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Four or more killed iirc.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In America? Ur average day.

See: shootingtracker.com...

and

for FBI versus WP's definition

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thats not unusual...Very Predominant in High Crime Areas..Mostly Gang Shootings.

There are over 350 million People in the US, with half the People Armed...That percentage of shootings barely registers. More People are killed by Doctors

Vioxx alone killed over 40,000 people...Thats a low estimate. Some claim it was over 80,000, as over 80 million people took that drug before it was recalled and banned... www.drugwatch.com...

edit on 10-10-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Billy

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, I saw that. It seems like someone's trying to work statistics, in my opinion. Gang bangers and drunkin hillbillies don't count as MASS shootings in my book.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yep - America certainly has a cultural and mental health issue it needs to deal with because lots of countries have gun rights for citizens but only the US experiences this type of event on a reoccurring basis.

So, it has very little, if anything at all, to do with guns.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
United States is so far removed from what the Masonic "Founding Fathers" intended.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
New economy, new tcommunity too, I guess.

@2;30 he does say we gotta figure out how to stop things like this from happening.. Disarmament?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

No one wants to address why. Or the combination of factors as to why. Obama and co have ties to Big Pharama so forget drug discussion.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yep, that is how we typically get to our 14,000 per year...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just glancing at the 20 from top to bottom , 13 were in non-carry permit states.No , thanks I will keep my firearms and my CC permit.Because the life I save may be yours......

edit on 10-10-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
'I wanna be sedated' might become the new national anthem.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Nothing scarier than uneducated people that own many firearms, but hey what do i know, im canadian, we have the 7th most firearms per capita in the world, we also have alot of medicated people. Its gotta be whats in the water or obamas fault right?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
We took out Saddam and Gaddafi and are trying to take out Assad and install a more diplomatic government..

maybe the same will be done with our leadership, to run our country better? By some other foreign or alien superpower.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Vioxx alone killed over 40,000 people...Thats a low estimate. Some claim it was over 80,000, as over 80 million people took that drug before it was recalled and banned... www.drugwatch.com...

And the MSM is not going to cover that story everyday. Because they are bought and paid for by big pharma.

They're rather spend that time trying to take our rights away.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'll be all "fear factor" when it reaches 900. What's the point of this post? I suggest you ban life as you know it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Pray tell? Give me "gun rights" of other countries. ..I dare you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join