It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Pulling Out Patriot Missiles From Turkey And Aircraft Carrier Out Of Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I think the Russians would do a better job fixing the Middle East than the U.S., we seem to make it worse. Putin is working with the Syrian government to take out ISIS and is actually getting the job done, for example.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I think the Russians would do a better job fixing the Middle East than the U.S., we seem to make it worse. Putin is working with the Syrian government to take out ISIS and is actually getting the job done, for example.

Yeah , lets cheer em on...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I suspect regarding ISIL there will be no end of brainwashed idiots who will still want to flood out there - though whether ,having been bred in the West and use to Western living standards they can hack it - as some trying to come back obviously couldn't , will be another matter - but quagmire these people will make it for sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GroidNificent
Maybe the US knows the jig is up. Russia has done more in 72 hours than the US has done in 1+ years. We all know that ISIS is funded and armed by the US .Russia knows to......

Yeah Russia has sped up ISIS advance on Aleppo. Great job Russia in handing ISIS something they have been fighting years to get to over night. Or did you believe that nonsense about Russia hurting ISIS in the least bit.

As for the OP the Patriots have been coming out since the time table on the Turkish request was up. The US is scheduled to leave now, the Germans on the 15th and the Spanish in January. NATO has offered to send more forces to Turkey but, Turkey has declined them at this time. The Roosevelt leaving Gulf is all about budgets. However, with the Air forces of Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan and Turkey there, not mention Israel. Along with additional aircraft from the US, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Morocco, Netherlands, and the UK in the area that more than makes up for the carrier. Generally when a carrier is not in the Gulf the US deploys a air expeditionary force to the region however, in this case it is already there.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Geographically Russia and Europe are a lot closer to the mid east than the US. Obama has said America is an Asian nation or something to that effect and while not completely accurate the stability of Asia is of more importance than any other region. That was the entire reason for the failed Asia pivot that was pronounced years ago.

In today's world the mid east is of less significance and US policy will no doubt adapt to this reality. The cold war is over. Russia is a regional power who can no longer threaten Europe and not even my wild blood lust nuclear fantasies can change the fact we are living in a more stable world than ever. That said, burn it, burn it all!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

ISIS is making gains, so no.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

According to whom MI6 and CIA scriptwriters via spurious twitter identities on the major networks or are you privy to Russian and Syrian army maps and intelligence?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I just read the thread where it's rumored that Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft. Officials could have had the fleet leave the area so as not to get sucked into anything should Putin retaliate. The timing for the carrier withdrawal and the rumored shooting down of a Russian aircraft is no sheer coincidence IMO.

This could be an it wasnt us moment, to be honest if I had to choose us or them its gonna be them.

USA doesnt need a war with Russia, I wouldnt be suprised if Turkey was kicked out of NATO if things start to escalate.

However when I think about recent news headlines this is just the opposite of what NATO has been saying. They just said they could deploy like 40,000 troops in Turkey to aid them in any kind of confrontation with Russia.

Lets wait and see, if WW3 starts in Turkey it will end up being a global war with all of NATO. Which means many will die in a senseless war over some damn terrorists.
edit on 10-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Russia has been doing it for about a week and don't consider the IS their only enemy. Bit early to cast judgement I think. They aren't going to wage a PC war. Anyone who isn't with them is against them. I doubt they will trust rebels to not shoot at them while they are going after the IS and will just take out everyone in their way. If Putin was still in control of Russia you might see a more cautious approach but Shoygu is in control now so don't expect a politically correct war. The politicians have been sidelined.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

According to whom MI6 and CIA scriptwriters via spurious twitter identities on the major networks or are you privy to Russian and Syrian army maps and intelligence?

Why do I need to be privy to that? Are you privy to secret US intelligence? Can you not speak about anything they do now?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

I am only referring to up until now. The post I replied to was wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This just in from the local news! Retreat!

A Pentagon program to train Syrian fighters is put on hold

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I just read the thread where it's rumored that Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft. Officials could have had the fleet leave the area so as not to get sucked into anything should Putin retaliate. The timing for the carrier withdrawal and the rumored shooting down of a Russian aircraft is no sheer coincidence IMO.

they would have to react being a NATO member

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I agree. It might free up the UN for some real humanitarian work instead of policing the world by force.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

According to practically every news agency on the planet except RT !!!! (that includes left, right, arab, chinese,financial etc etc)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
I agree. It might free up the UN for some real humanitarian work instead of policing the world by force.

Somehow the words UN and humanitarian do not belong together in one sentence

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So, Obama doesn't want to woek with Putin, so he packs up his toys and goes home.

A bit whimpish IMO, but better than all out war with Russia I guess. I still can't understand why the two can't or won't work together.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is not bad news for sure . well maybe for a bunch of twisted oil Princes in SA . Does any one see China being the country to start the humanitarian aid into Yemem ? There must be a lot of words in the back channels as to Yemen and how to stabilize it . Gee I hope this is only the start of good news for that area of the world . The Kurds must be smiling with the possibility for a bit of autonomy ,and can you imagine the Palestinians . We might get a new map of the middle east within a few years that actually makes sense .

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

According to everybody, even Iran who announced one of their Generals was killed in the city while ISIS advanced to within a mile. ISIS was being held back by rebels forces forces who controlled 5 villages the was acting as a buffer zone holding back ISIS from Assad largest city in the North. However, instead of bombing the advancing ISIS force they bombed the rebel forces, hitting their ammo dumb and forcing them to retreat putting ISIS on Aleppos door step.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just found this that may have something to do with whats going on

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join