It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shoots down Russian jet

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
WM just printed an update making it clear that the sources are a bit less than reliable. That's an honorable thing to do, moreso than the larger news outlets that reported this. The Express and others made it sound like we're on our way to war, scaring the crap out of people.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So did twitter strike again? Has their been any valid sources to validate the story?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
So did twitter strike again? Has their been any valid sources to validate the story?

Not valid sources but a couple valid reports, if this happened then nobody is talking about it, apparently not even in Turkey media. With the wardrums being beat by both NATO and Russia (and even China), I could see why an explosion in the sky could blow out of proportion. I'm not saying this didn't happen, for all we know Monday morning MSM will be blowing whistles about it and taking all the credit, just can't be confirmed right now. Scary thing is that even if something like this didn't happen, the potential is obviously there. All the other websites are still acting like this is the real deal, so I donno.
edit on 10-10-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Thanks for the update.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Maybe spoke too soon lol

They trying to clean up the mess? www.almasdarnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thats true but Rus is going to use Newer long range Aesa Radars for 21 Cent warfare.

I messed.up Quoting, I' ll have to repost latter.
edit on 11-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
British and NATO pilots reportedly have been given a clearance to shoot down Russian jets over Iraq.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
British and NATO pilots reportedly have been given a clearance to shoot down Russian jets over Iraq.

sputniknews.com...

THEY WILL NEVER SHOOT ANY RUSSIAN PLANE, YOU CAN QUOTE ME AND POST IT ALL OVER ATS.COM !!!!
edit on 11-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm concerned this may turn into a real Turkey shoot for Russia if they are given too much of an invitation.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

An earlier report said UK planes were being armed to shoot town Russian planes in case of a confrontation in Syria. One of the two are lying about the details.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Why would I know?

We don't even know if anything was shot down at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Are we to believe Her Majesty's Secret Service doesn't know what happened? If everyone who say anything remotely pro-Russian is FSB it's safe to assume everyone who holds opposing views are Western Intelligence service people. Seems like sound logic to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InfidelCastro

I was just about to buy into the "it never happened" theory, i'm still leaning that way, until tonight F-16's bombed a power plant near where the thing was supposed to have crashed. Turkey said a couple days ago that they do not want to be the ones to initiate WW3, which is what shooting down a Russian plane could do. Now someone bombed a power plan in the same area, are they (and Russia) trying to cover this thing up? It's also become known that Turkey increased border patrol (F-16's) just before this was supposed to have happened (the shootdown). The US also recalled it's carrier from the ME, though it may have been planned, it could also be protecting valuable assets. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
this thread should be moved into hoax section where it belongs

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
a reply to: victor7

An earlier report said UK planes were being armed to shoot town Russian planes in case of a confrontation in Syria. One of the two are lying about the details.

The UK jets have been a hot potato in UK parlament. Do to that UK voted not to make strikes in Syria in 2013.

The other thing is. UK and US dont have the authority by Iraq government to reject Russian jets to fly in Iraq airspace.

It is rather the other way around.... that Iraq might want the Russians to bomb IS/ISIL target instead of the UK and US.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Considering Iranian forces are in Iraq I would not be surprised.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Considering Iranian forces are in Iraq I would not be surprised.

Yep.. The Iranians are Iraqs Proxy, But they are invited as far as i know.

It will probably be a while before Russia would be able to bomb IS in Iraq, unless they bring in som more bombers.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The UK jets have been a hot potato in UK parlament. Do to that UK voted not to make strikes in Syria in 2013.

Irrelevant - for starters, the PM does not even need Parliament's permission for military action, it was a courtesy that vote. He only needs Parliament's permission to declare War and seeing as IS has already done that for us, there is no barrier to Military action other than democratic principles.

Also, all British forces have the inherent right to self-defence if engaged. That does not need to be debated by parliament.

The other thing is. UK and US dont have the authority by Iraq government to reject Russian jets to fly in Iraq airspace.

See above - that won't be the case, but if Russian jets want to play with US/UK jets, then they can expect a robust response.

It is rather the other way around.... that Iraq might want the Russians to bomb IS/ISIL target instead of the UK and US.

Which is fine if that's what they want, but they can also be prepared to expect significant blowback when the Russians turn Mosul into Grozny. The West at least tries to minimise civilian deaths, Russia has never had that same concern.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Rather Iraq is Iran's proxy. Iraq has no influence over Iran in the slightest, but Iran has now got significant pull inside Iraq from it's Shia population and also the fact they are in de facto control of the Militia's that were raised to fight IS.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Russia already stated they wont do anything in Iraq until Syria is secured.

Iraq just launched airstrikes on al baghdadis convoy near the syrian border. Hopefully they killed him.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join