It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shoots down Russian jet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSWATCHER

I'm mostly pro Russia, but I think US have superior tech.

Russia may have just enough to cause "unacceptable damage to US"

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

As for NATO - they would respond. To not respond would mean the end of the Alliance and that is simply not acceptable.

Vrs NATO the Russian power is highly imbalanced. Hence Russia should openly declare that if even a match stick is lighted from the NATO side, Russia will respond with nuke laden ICBMs. There is no honor in defeat and hence don't try to play the "morality" card and use your #1 deterrence to keep the enemy away.

Syria and Iraq will mobilize their ground forces with much higher morale once they have RuAF's bombs and missiles shattering the opposing ISIS and AQs with smooth efficiency. We will soon see both these nations launching ground operations once RuAF has sufficiently thinned the ISIS and AQ.......stay tuned on this, ground ops might start in as less as 3 days from now.

Turkish air force has lots of F-16s but they are no match for Su30s and Su-35s. Under a swarm ASCM attack even Type45 destroyer or USN air craft carrier will be sunk, so Turkish "fishing boats" are only a little deal.

ps: Don't worry about Russian cruise missiles hitting the right country. They can be launched from 200 feet ship (unlike Tomahawk's 500 feet boat) and as far as 2500 kms with supersonic terminal phase velocity. More advanced Russian goodies are yet to be shown.

edit on 10-10-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

I love how all your scenarios revolve around invincible Russia and its magical nukes that only affect the countries they hit while ignoring the fact NATO countries also have nukes.

How about you get past the nuclear Armageddon scenario and be a bit more realistic.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No need to get past the nukes scenarios if that keeps NATO from any further aggression. That would be stupid on the part of Russian high command. Pakistan uses this option very well against India. Would US and EU want to be 80% destroyed in order to say that they defeated Russia? Makes not sense to abandon the nuclear tool. When spent 100s of billions on something they better ride it to use.

So I repeat, even a match stick is lighted from NATO side, the Russian response will be ULTIMATE......hope that makes it clear!!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

I used to believe that also, but after 12 plus years of reading, the evidence says that the U.S. uses media-trickery to make it look like they have the best, for example just because the U.S. Spends $400-$500 Billion on defence doesn't mean they have the might, the U.S. Over spends BIGTIME, for $400-500 Billion they U.S. should have 2000 F-22/2000 F-15's/3000 F-16's ( ALL with Aesa Radars & the best ECM-ECCM's & the works)
they should have up graded 10,000M-60 A-4 tanks not that weak M1A1/2 Tanks go to "YouTube" & punch in "BlackTail Defence" I think the guy was in the U.S.-Army, look at his Videos on the Real documented History of the M1A1/2 Tanks, it's mind boggling how much the U.S.Gov/Mil works wit the "U.S.-Media" to paint a near perfect picture of this "so-called" U.S. Military SUPIRIOURITY over Russia, There are other things I'll point out also there is a guy who posts under the name of "Stellar X" he has LOST of links to articles that show MASSIVE anomilies of this U.S. Military might over Russia, check out his links, I'll be back like the Terminator and post some stuff latter.
edit on 10-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Nice find!

Here is the a VERY solid report that confirms the OP:
ITN News

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

How about you get past the nuclear Armageddon scenario and be a bit more realistic.

And then he cried........please please do not use the nukes from the onset.........we have blown up trillions upon trillions and many more trillions in making so many technologies...........please let us flaunt and impress these to the media first.........then you can use all your NUKES!!

edit on 10-10-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I'm getting mixed results on this. It might not have happened..It sounds like it came from sensationalist "media" in Turkey. If it's true we will know soon enough.

Yeah, and wording like "unconfirmed reports". As far as facts go, this means nothing happened yet but rumors.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well, a SR-71 could probably be shot down by Soviet air defences, but it would take significant effort and coordination.

The missiles are faster but do not have the endurance & fuel. It would take numerous missiles "from the rear" to funnel the SR-71 into a desired course and then trap it with a missile from the front, e.g. from a MiG-25 giving the missile an altitude and velocity head-start.
edit on 10-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

The 70s called they want their wargaming scenarios back.

Whats it like in fantasy land?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Vrs NATO the Russian power is highly imbalanced. Hence Russia should openly declare that if even a match stick is lighted from the NATO side, Russia will respond with nuke laden ICBMs. There is no honor in defeat and hence don't try to play the "morality" card and use your #1 deterrence to keep the enemy away.

They would hit Europe hard, but America would not take such a big hit. Russia would be no more though, and most likely China would expand their borders, I'm sure most Russians can handle mandarin Chinese in a few decades of communist control once again.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Wookiep
I'm getting mixed results on this. It might not have happened..It sounds like it came from sensationalist "media" in Turkey. If it's true we will know soon enough.

Yeah, and wording like "unconfirmed reports". As far as facts go, this means nothing happened yet but rumors.

Buddy the dude is playing ATS for cheaps...............

the video is from way back in 2014 and the jet shot down was Syrian.........not Russian. Hope that makes it all clear.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSWATCHER

originally posted by: JonStone
There are unconfirmed reports that Turkey had shot down a Russian jet in its own territory, sending the jet crashing down on the Syrian side of the border. Nothing official yet or on MSM, but some people reporting are Journalists in the region. Some people are freaking out because this could force an armed conflict between Russia and NATO. I'm not sure how events would unfold if this turns out to be true. Russia and NATO are already yelling at each other.

A RUSSIAN jet has been shot down by Turkish forces after it flew into the country's airspace, according to as yet unconfirmed reports circulating on social media.

According to reports, eyewitnesses saw a large explosion in Huraytan, northern Syria, while three fighter jets were hovering above.

One journalist tweeted that three Turkish planes were responding to "mysterious" lock-ons from Mig-29 jets, which are used by Putin's forces.

Express.co.uk has contacted the Turkish government and the Russian military but neither could be reached for comment.

Source 1

Source 2
Anybody who believes this is gullable, Turkey would be destroyed,

1. This is more disinfo, remember back in 2011/2012 when the U.S. said Pres. Assad was about to fall, remember when the Isrealis had the terrorists put stories out on the "Internet" of the IAF bombing the SS-26 "Yakhonts" at the Syrian Base, which was not true this is the same thing, this story is just to get people to say "See how weak Russia is they are just a paper tiger they know better than to try to retaliate, on Turkey, because Turky is a NATO member and Rus knows they'll get beat up by Nato so they'll just cover this up." That is what The West wants people esp here on ATS to believe.

#1. Turkey would NEVER shoot a Russian Plane down, because they would be destroyed.

It's never this clear.

#2. The Russia Warplanes would have detected the Turk Plane and shot it down it's self.

It's not necessarily so easy---a Russian ground attack plane not going on an organized anti-air mission could certainly be surprised by an air-defense aircraft.

Remember it's not Russia vs Turkey, it's the small fraction of the Russian air force vs nearly all of Turkey's, and Turkey is the second largest military in NATO, and perhaps 3rd strongest.

The Turkish F-16's aren't quite the massive air to air powerhouses of the Su-30 type or have their range, but in closer distances it's not so uneven. It's mostly intelligence, planning and pilot skill. [In U.S. exercises T-38's have simulated shoot downs of F-22's]

#3. Russian Ground Base Radar detects about 6000km/ 3600 miles (I'll give the sources later)

Uh, that's wider than the continental USA and far from line of sight. There's no way there can be enough precision at those low frequencies (high frequencies are blocked by line of sight) for accurate combat targeting. But that wouldn't be necessary anyway, there are Russian & Syrian radars much closer.

edit on 10-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: JonStone

Nice find!

Here is the a VERY solid report that confirms the OP:
ITN News

That video is dated March 24th 2014.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not sense Putin was among the missing for a short period have I noticed such banter and stories of maybe's and could be's . This is a good little piece to understand a little of what military's involved with the exception of NATO might be talking about . Turkey of course is a wild wild card . One thing is sure is that every one that needs to know knows what others might be thinking . The MSM are there to spin and sensationalize the stories in order to sell news ,oh and maybe sell a little propaganda

" Olive Branch? NATO Commanders Invited to Moscow

Russia is indefatigable in its efforts to reach accord with the West. But are Western politicians interested? " russia-insider.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Found some other sites reporting on this story.

www.express.co.uk...
&
www.dailystar.co.uk...
&
www.mirror.co.uk...

Also found this type of situation being talked by Kerry on Oct 5.

Russian jet over Turkey risked being shot down: Kerry

(yahoo.com)-Valparaíso (Chile) (AFP) - US Secretary of State John Kerry warned Monday that a Russian warplane's "incursion" into the air space of Washington's NATO ally Turkey risked provoking a serious escalation.

"We're greatly concerned about it because it is precisely the kind of thing that had Turkey responded under its rights could have resulted in a shoot-down," he said, at a public event in Chile.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEV1GKnBlWHz8A87BXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'ByNXQ0NThjBGNvbG8DYmYxB HBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I used to believe that also, but after 12 plus years of reading, the evidence says that the U.S. uses media-trickery to make it look like they have the best, for example just because the U.S. Spends $400-$500 Billion on defence doesn't mean they have the might, the U.S. Over spends BIGTIME, for $400-500 Billion they U.S. should have 2000 F-22/2000 F-15's/3000 F-16's ( ALL with Aesa Radars & the best ECM-ECCM's & the works)
they should have up graded 10,000M-60 A-4 tanks not that weak M1A1/2 Tanks go to "YouTube" & punch in "BlackTail Defence" I think the guy was in the U.S.-Army, look at his Videos on the Real documented History of the M1A1/2 Tanks, it's mind boggling how much the U.S.Gov/Mil works wit the "U.S.-Media" to paint a near perfect picture of this "so-called" U.S. Military SUPIRIOURITY over Russia, There are other things I'll point out also there is a guy who posts under the name of "Stellar X" he has LOST of links to articles that show MASSIVE anomilies of this U.S. Military might over Russia, check out his links, I'll be back like the Terminator and post some stuff latter.

Well you know what the rest of the world says about America.All the gear but no idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

And then he cried........please please do not use the nukes from the onset.........we have blown up trillions upon trillions and many more trillions in making so many technologies...........please let us flaunt and impress these to the media first.........then you can use all your NUKES!!

No I think it would have more to with if you use nukes from the start you might as well just shoot yourself in the head because it is all over. Nations always recover from losing conventional wars, they would not a nuclear one. So unless you were a suicidal leader you take the loss and build on it later. NATO is not going take your territory. Nukes are kind of worthless when the other side has them.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

In the last 40 years anytime forces that have Russian training, doctrine and weapons have gone up against forces that have Western training, doctrine and weapons, the Russian emulated side has lost and lost badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join