It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, For The First Time In My Life I Am Ashamed To Be A Canadian

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
That their countries wouldn't extend the same courtesy is proof of why those are undesirable countries to live in. I expect the US to act better than that. Canada too since they're usually so laid back. I just don't see the problem with people having different customs, as long as it's not bringing about harm to others then why worry about it.

I agree with you, but we don't live in an ideal world.

I live in the woods. People that live in the woods are fond of peace and quiet. I could blast my music as loud as I please, I have that right.

Tricky thing about living in the woods is that sound travels in a weird way. I can blast my music and my neighbors six miles away could hear it, and it could sound like it was coming from their back yard. Now I can still blast my music, but I know it is going to piss off a few of my neighbors. So unless I deliberately want to piss off my neighbors, I won't do it. It is too small a thing, to risk division just for the privilege of being able to say I have the right.

edit on 13-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Best solution? Invite your neighbours over and let them play what they like too.

It's called being neighbourly.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Best solution? Invite your neighbours over and let them play what they like too.

It's called being neighbourly.

I have to laugh at that, because that is exactly why all the neighbors are always invited to any gatherings we have. So they can't complain when they hear all the noise and commotion.

The good thing is that you can only hear the noise if you are outside. Most of the time if you don't want to listen to the noise, you can always go in your home and shut the windows and doors.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I agree with you, but we don't live in an ideal world.

I live in the woods. People that live in the woods are fond of peace and quiet. I could blast my music as loud as I please, I have that right.

Tricky thing about living in the woods is that sound travels in a weird way. I can blast my music and my neighbors six miles away could hear it, and it could sound like it was coming from their back yard. Now I can still blast my music, but I know it is going to piss off a few of my neighbors. So unless I deliberately want to piss off my neighbors, I won't do it. It is too small a thing, to risk division just for the privilege of being able to say I have the right.

Having the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it. Rights are things you can do that society can't stop you from doing, but those are usually activities that are designed to obstruct others and piss them off. If we all pushed our rights to the limit just because we could the country would be a pretty miserable place to be.

In the case of this woman she proved her identity privately before the ceremony that made her a citizen. I just don't see why that isn't good enough. In her culture not wearing her facial covering is akin to us being forced to walk around the street naked. Would we force that on native citizens? Just because she's modest about a different part of her body, should she be told too bad?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

In her culture not wearing her facial covering is akin to us being forced to walk around the street naked. Would we force that on native citizens? Just because she's modest about a different part of her body, should she be told too bad?
a reply to: Aazadan

From what I have been told from the Muslim people that I know and work with, the choice of covering and the degree of covering is an individual "choice". It is not a command, and every female in the community has the right to make her choice.

So I agree when you say:

Having the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it. Rights are things you can do that society can't stop you from doing, but those are usually activities that are designed to obstruct others and piss them off. If we all pushed our rights to the limit just because we could the country would be a pretty miserable place to be.

I question her intent and her purpose.

edit on 13-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

your cops kill the guy who wear a vendetta muvi mask on the face, you start going down like every other country

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

If that's made you ashamed to be Canadian, then all I can say is that you must have one hell of a complex, or very little else to worry about.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

If you will notice earlier in my postings on this thread I made a disparaging comment with regard to the fact that our judges are not elected but appointed. IMO this gives rise to absolutely asinine rulings such at this one.

Quote:
THIS COURT'S JUDGEMENT IS THAT:

1. The application for judicial review is granted and allowed.

2. The portions of the Policy and Manual that require citizenship candidates to remove face coverings or be observed taking the oath are unlawful. Specifically, sections 6.5.1 to 6.5.3 of the Policy, as well as the second paragraph of section 13.2 of the Manual and the reference to "those wearing a full or partial head covering that now is the time to remove it" in section 16.7 of the Manual, are unlawful; and,

3. The Applicant shall have her costs of this application fixed in the amount of $2500.00.

Keith M. Boswell

As far as I am concerned this judge (and I use a lower case j intentionally) should at the very least be fired. He is a traitor to Canada and should be dealt with as such.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Could not have said it better myself!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

My issue is that she sued my country before even becoming a citizen to force my country to change its laws to suit her. A country to which she was welcomed with open arms. My mentality is that she is in effect saying "I want in to your country which is so much better than the # hole I left, but wait, I want your country to change its laws to suit the ass backward beliefs of the # hole I left before I enter your glorious country. She can F*** O** back to her # hole. And she can take the traitor judge who ruled in her favour with her.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since the Harper Government has made this issue of face coverings (as well as the Barbaric Practices Hotline) a major component of their platform in this long election process, we will see which side the vote will fall on in less than a week.

I do find it interesting that the polls (if they could ever be believed) have the Liberals surging and the Conservatives sinking to where the NDP is sitting.

I will say this, though... as an immigrant to Canada 55 years ago, I feel less secure as a Canadian citizen than I did prior to this election cycle. I'm sure other immigrants like myself are also looking at these proceedings with a raised eyebrow.

Let the chips fall where they may. I've done my bit and voted early, along with a record number of other Canadians. I read today that the advanced polling data shows an increase of 70% more voters than in previous years. That's very encouraging.

If anyone decides to not vote this time around, I suggest you keep that information to yourselves rather than influence others to also be apathetic. This is obviously an important election.
edit on 14/10/15 by masqua because: bb cde

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Since the Harper Government has made this issue of face coverings (as well as the Barbaric Practices Hotline) a major component of their platform in this long election process, we will see which side the vote will fall on in less than a week.

I do find it interesting that the polls (if they could ever be believed) have the Liberals surging and the Conservatives sinking to where the NDP is sitting.

I will say this, though... as an immigrant to Canada 55 years ago, I feel less secure as a Canadian citizen than I did prior to this election cycle. I'm sure other immigrants like myself are also looking at these proceedings with a raised eyebrow.

Let the chips fall where they may. I've done my bit and voted early, along with a record number of other Canadians. I read today that the advanced polling data shows an increase of 70% more voters than in previous years. That's very encouraging.

If anyone decides to not vote this time around, I suggest you keep that information to yourselves rather than influence others to also be apathetic. This is obviously an important election.

Im glad that as an immigrant you feel less secure. I hope it is joined with feeling obligated to fit with our standards and traditions.

Finally people are starting to realize that a Canadian citizenship is not a human right.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Are you suggesting that I do not fit with the standards and traditions? And, if so, what exactly would my problem be in your estimation? Ive voted in every election, served in the Canadian Army, have ties to First Nations and worked/paid taxes all my life until retirement.

You think I'm finally waking up?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As a eastern Woodlands Canadian. I hate how Canada has turned to be so full of hate. And I'm ashamed that we a country built on immigration from other lands now hate anything from non white country's. And our people's reasons are the dumbest fight ever. Why are people from other countries coming to Europe Canada and the USA that's easy we bomb anyone that don't do what we ask or if we want your resources we take them and say your people are evil. Maybe if we would say the hell out of other people's homelands and taking anything of worth they would stay where they are. Remember we only talk # about people that can't defend them self.

You don't like isis well maybe we should of not killed Sadam and Gadhafi they where the only people in the ME that was stopping them. What's going on in the middle east is all on the USA Canada and Europe we did all this destabilizing to stop the golden dinar this is known and reported. We blame everyone else but we all know we are the biggest terrorists in the world

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that I do not fit with the standards and traditions? And, if so, what exactly would my problem be in your estimation? Ive voted in every election, served in the Canadian Army, have ties to First Nations and worked/paid taxes all my life until retirement.

You think I'm finally waking up?

Then I dont understand why you would feel less secure. As a loyal Canadian, I dont understand why you would take issue with Harper putting his foot down against the spread of other nations cultures onto Canadian land. We offer immigrants a safe place to work and raise their families, not take over our country with their cultures, without firing a single shot.

If they want our country to spread out their culture then they can fight us for it. Why would we give it up for nothing?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I take issue with Bill C-24, which may (with a tweak or two) impact anyone like myself, even though I immigrated back in '54 and raised two sons here.
edit on 14/10/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Well, if these people are terrorists, we need to torture them. And we cant torture them if they are Canadian citizens now can we?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well... best get those pliers oiled up.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ba reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Before I read any farther.
No.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well... best get those pliers oiled up.

In case you ever wonder who it is that votes Conservative, I guess I have a little better understanding after reading this thread. Amazing, though, how they manage to hide among us...lol.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join