It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War On Science

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's not a war on science, is science looking down too narrow paths no one cares about.

No one cares about Cern's new particles because the public sees nothing to be gained from it.

No one wants to swallow the latest news about climate numbness because the same old same old gets shoved down their throats constantly.

IS it making their computers faster in the near term? no...

Is it making 4KTV happen for watching their celebrities and playing their games happen right away? no...

Science is slowing down and, to a great many people, simply is no longer relevant to them in their daily lives.

Right now it's this for most of the people:

"Frigging hell, I recycle everything I can and I walk a half hour to work to do my part but they're still bitching it's not enough! I turn on the TV and see nothing but #e about the wars in the middle east and it's depressing the living #e out of me.. Eff it! I'll watch the Kardashians... Leave me the hell alone!"

The semi-interested ones are simply saying "So, you're putting this #e on a pedestal are you? Great! Let's see if we can knock it down!"

The point is give people something to be excited about... REALLY excited about, that affects them personally, then you'll have something.

edit on 10-10-2015 by gspat because: because stuff

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I think science has replaced religion. The same strict dogma attached to scientific theory, the same blind trust in "science". Science is now left to a few (like religion/church of old) . Ask someone how a touch screen works, or how a water pump functions, or what makes up a battery and you'll get a blank stare.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: Klassified

I'd say the Gov't is at war with science...because...it doesn't pay as well as War does.

oh ya? Just wait until those carbon credits start going into effect, the gov is going to make trillions

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat
And why doesn't anyone care about science anymore?

Our budget for actual science research is being seriously slashed. We have 'free market think tanks' actively working to deceive the public, the layman, about what the science is telling us about climate change and our fossil fuel's addiction role in the changes we are observing.

Our media and news outlets have been perverted and give a distorted view on what is important in this world.

My take is an unaware population is much easier to exploit.
I

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Another propaganda video really promoting global warming. Its government that empowers science by funding research. If government wants us to believe that the globe is warming, that unemployment is below 6%, inflation is low, WMD in Iraq etc, they will fund research that tells us so.

True science doesn't try to deny evidence that tells us that climate change is a natural state of our environment which remains within past variations.

I believe you are misunderstanding global change and use of word 'global warming'.

Scientist are for a long time predicting global climate change. Ever heard of El nino? They are warning that 1-2 degree change in big ocean mass will result with severe weather changes, something we are experiencing in past decade. This would be less of a problem if is not connected with other things for example pollution. Super-storms we are experiencing in past decade just proves that they were right...

Something we should be more used to now...

www.livescience.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think science has replaced religion. The same strict dogma attached to scientific theory, the same blind trust in "science". Science is now left to a few (like religion/church of old) . Ask someone how a touch screen works, or how a water pump functions, or what makes up a battery and you'll get a blank stare.

Who do you ask those questions? Scientists? Regular people?

I have a feeling that you don't know how many scientists are there and that everyone can be scientist - everyone can experiment and join... all it takes is time and will to do it .

Look here, let me know what you think...

www.edx.com...
edit on 10-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes but are we talking about public or private spending?

There is no war on science, it's a war on mankind and his ability to freely think.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

No one wants to be a scientist, no one wants to learn. It's easier to let others do the thinking. Like religion, science is kept to the few. Everyone else just accepts science because it's science. Same as when very few ever questioned religion.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is more research in dollars than ever. Check defense spending. Most top scientist, those who love science and don't care for the wasteful bureaucracy as a college prof are in black projects.
Making military/classified tech publicly known and available is another thing
Nasa was/is a public front meant to keep these things from happening.
Create more wealth? Stop agw?. The simple and immoral solution is mass sterilization. people can't afford to feed themselves and yet are having kids. More ppl more warming.

edit on 10-10-2015 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I believe you are misunderstanding global change and use of word 'global warming'.

I believe not. The only constant in climate is change so IPCC renaming "global warming from CO2" to "climate change" is purposely misleading the public in believing that climate change is the result of the industrial revolution whereas climate change has existed long before human evolution.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: glend
There you go denying the science behind global warming. Do you really think NASA, NOAA, and scientists from all over the world are making up global warming?

Why do you think former NASA Astronauts and employees took the unprecedented step in protesting NASA's Global Warming Activism? Why do you think current staff remain quite?
"
.....As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA’s advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate. We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject. At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA’s current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself.

Signed...

Link
"

Why do you think 31,487 American scientists have signed a petition,saying Global Warming from CO2 is a scam
Link

Why do you think the former head writer for IPCC now says there is no proof of global warming from CO2
Link

Why do you think that past historic records are constantly being changed to reflect recent warming when no warming exists in raw data...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Your talking points have been debunked over and over on this site.

That survey includes anyone with a science degree and almost no actual climate scientists. Most NASA astronaughts are military pilots and not scientists and only a handful of the hundreds of astronaughts are casting doubt.

Your are trying to pass junk talking points as legitimate science.

Tell me, do you also deny that we have observed about a 40% increase of CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That survey includes anyone with a science degree and almost no actual climate scientists.

Like IPCC, telling lies doesn't make it fact but if you repeat them enough, you hope to win the hearts of the weak minded. But if you were truthful you'd admit that 3,805 of the signers are in Atmosphere, Earth, & Environment fields.

The real issue for scientist is morals. Given that the ex-head of IPCC, Rajendra K. Pachauri, is up on assault, sexual harassment, stalking and criminal intimidation charges, tells that the proverbial toilet bowl is in action within the global warming camp.

Science is again being dominated for a political outcome.
edit on 10 10 2015 by glend because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So, according to you there is no issue with climate??

I selected 10 random names from list and tried to find any papers by them, and ONLY thing I found was link for list on that page. Seems like someone just created list of random names and sells it as petition... List is debunked here many times.

Exxon knew about this for over 30 years, and today we know that they have spend millions of dollars to hide it and to mislead public. Do you know about that??

www.theguardian.com...

Speaking of NASA, didn't they get founding cut for climate change... seems like big political game, because it is easier to profit bit more today... and tomorrow we all have to pay multiple times more just to deal with changes.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Richard Lindzen debunked

Petition Project Debunked

The astronaut story came from a right wing fanatical site....not exactly a credible source of information.

edit on 10-10-2015 by jrod because: auto correct

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That is an ad hominem attack thete on the former head of the IPCC.

Nothing too do with the science of climate change.

Do you think the actions of Ms. Norwalk discredit all NASA astronaut's too?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Exxon knew about this for over 30 years, and today we know that they have spend millions of dollars to hide it and to mislead public

Poor big oil. They must be really scared of selling their gas, instead of coal they didn't own, to public utilities.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Your post is an excellent example of why science these days is starved of funding.

If there's no short-term benefit, or at least a gee-whiz story, to be had out of it, you're not interested, eh?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Please express your religious views somewhere else. We are talking about science on this thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Good pull, Klassified... and bumped. I feel like science has
been so co-opted at times by politicians it's turning into
the new religion. Something so deliberately twisted for
just the sake of control that basic credibility is going bankrupt.
Sorry about the rant: but when scientists depend more on
grants, the first to suffer might too often be the truth.
Oh well I's rather be called a truther than a liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join