It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama meets with families of shooting victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Obama meets with families of shooting victims

After offering condolences to relatives of last week's shooting victims in Oregon, President Obama said Friday the nation should "come together" and figure out how to prevent mass killings in the future.

"I've obviously got very strong feelings about this," Obama said during brief remarks after meeting with family members at a high school in Roseburg, Ore.

Obama, who last week called for more gun control and said he planned to politicize the issue in the week of this latest shooting, kept his remarks short, saying, "we're going to have to come together as a country, but today is about the families."

So does this mean he will be getting on a plane next and going to visit the doctor's without borders hospital that got bombed?

Doctors Without Borders Are Now Doctors in Anguish

About 2 a.m. on Oct. 3, Afghanistan time, medical staff and patients at the Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in Kunduz heard the sounds of bombing, louder and closer than they'd heard before. By the time it was over, at least 12 medical workers and seven patients were dead and the hospital was in flames.

"Nine patients are still unaccounted for, and we have not been able to reach 24 of our 461 staff members," says Jason Cone, executive director of MSF, also known as Doctors Without Borders. "It's possible that some of them are dead." Unable to continue its work, MSF withdrew from the hospital in Kunduz as the fighting continued.

And shouldn't he be flying all the American embassy flags at half mast for this atrocity? Mr. Hypocrite in OFFICE?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
First , why was it a hospital? These should have been clearly tagged as such. Second , they kept up the attack for 30 minutes after they were notified it was a hospital ? I am a good ol USA citizen but this is a direct violation of Geneva Convention.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Interesting news on Obama's visit. www.nbcnews.com...

One article I read said there were hundreds that showed up another said 8,000.

overpassesforamerica.com...
edit on 9-10-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

After offering condolences to relatives of last week's shooting victims in Oregon, President Obama said Friday the nation should "come together" and figure out how to prevent mass killings in the future.

"I've obviously got very strong feelings about this," Obama said during brief remarks after meeting with family members at a high school in Roseburg, Ore.
Obama actually said,

"The reporting is routine, my response here at this podium is routine, the conversation in the aftermath of it — we've become numb to this," Obama said from the briefing room at the White House. "What's also routine is that somebody somewhere will say, 'Obama politicized this issue.' Well, this is something we should politicize. It is relevant to our common life together".
It needs deep discussion man. The NRA needs to be in there talking too...the right to bear arms meme is not selective as per the American constitution, however arms and delivery have moved on..Nuclear, LASER, all sorts of stuff?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Remember it's only OK for him and the government to be "Good at killing people".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When it rains, it pours - bullets apparently.

Why all 3 SCHOOL related? Blood Sacrificing 'young blood' (students) gets a hiher praise from... SATAN?

Ruthless people in power, folks!

RIP little ones

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Obama, who last week called for more gun control and said he planned to politicize the issue in the week of this latest shooting, kept his remarks short, saying, "we're going to have to come together as a country, but today is about the families."

Can we not agree that his comments were appropriate? He said politics can wait, this is about the families.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well good on Obama, going down there to see the families. Whatever he does though, he'll be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't when it comes to a segment of the population.

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

And shouldn't he be flying all the American embassy flags at half mast for this atrocity?

What about the many Afghan lives lost and the Pakistani lives lost? How about whenever somebody dies somewhere in the world and it's connected to the United States, Obama has to react and fly the flags half mask? I mean I'm sure these unrealistic standards you're applying to this president (that you don't like regardless of what he does) are the same standards you'll be applying to others and congress, right?

The answer is no. Make any excuse.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

(CNN)A week after a gunman killed nine people and himself at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, President Barack Obama met with survivors and grieving families behind closed doors on Friday

www.cnn.com...

Behind closed doors.

Don't tread on me Flags, Gun free zones. Protests.

Yeah people.

Obama is still pushing his political agenda.

"There are gonna be moments as we go forward where we're gonna have to come together and figure out how do we stop things like this from happening," Obama said

Translation.

Get on your knees and take what's left of your constitutional RIGHTS.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That awkward moment when Obama calls for more gun control right after bombing a hospital.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

No, you are right...gun control is awesome and what about bomb control?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I know, right? There is so much hypocrisy surrounding gun control, it is okay to go kill innocent people in the Middle East and at the same time call for gun control here. The guy is a tool.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sure Omama, just exactly do you recommend? Drone strikes?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

do you ever get tired of carrying water for your hero Obama?

yes he should have had them fly half mast, just like he should have done for the Marines killed earlier in the year

The families didnt want him there, period and he should have respected that

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: avgguy

I know, right? There is so much hypocrisy surrounding gun control, it is okay to go kill innocent people in the Middle East and at the same time call for gun control here. The guy is a tool.

Ya , where was his gun control when those cops killed people?

No then it was the cops fault, only when it fits his agenda

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

We do not need gun control, we need to exercise self control, guns do not shoot themselves and bombs do not hurl themselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wish one of the family members would say " Excuse me, this is a private conversation between A. My Family and B. The People who CARE and we have no room for ASS Hats so why don't you just C. yourself OUT!" And then slam the door in his hypocritical face!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: OptimisticCynic

We do not need gun control, we need to exercise self control, guns do not shoot themselves and bombs do not hurl themselves.

i think thats pretty much what i said lol

new topics

top topics

join