It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cave Of Hanging Snakes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

sounds like my kinda place, but that's a surreal environment love it. Thanks for making me aware the paintings of surrealists have reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

My folks like in an old farmhouse with a coal/root cellar in it. The snakes like to hang out in there all winter. Very occasionally one has been known to make its way up to the first floor and pop out of a kitchen cabinet or fall off the bathroom door.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am so glad that the native wildlife here is just hedgehogs and squirrels.
Quite dull, but not likely to give you a heart attack by slithering out of a cupboard.
That would be hideous.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's a bit of a trade-off. You can have snakes, or you can have mice. The one group eats the other.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, that's why I don't kill predators, such as black widows or other such creatures, they bring balance to an Eco system and I understand the need for them to exist, they don't mess with me I don't mess with them, beyond a passing reconizeing of their existence. Sorry I'm not stepping on that spider for you
let it be.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

We do have widows in this area, but not in my house. However, we do have a resident number of brown spiders in our basement. Occasionally, one or two make their way up a floor. Usually, a few simple precautions will take care of them. However, I will kill the ones I see upstairs. The basement browns I leave alone.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have absolutely NO fear of snakes, I actually collect Rattle snakes for a while when i was younger for the rattle snake roundups here in texas, live ones.........

as for that cave?

NOPE!!!!

I dub thee "Cave NOPE"

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I want to know when the movie is coming out.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

i just about live with snakes. i had 5 (five!) snakes in my house last season. i even stood on one in the dark. an other had its head raised when the brave but fearful bark of my little dog woke me - and that right at the end of my bed!

WTF .... These are like bloody horror stories, thank God I live in cold miserable England!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't mind caves. I've explored a few in my day.

I don't mind snakes. Used to own a python named Monty(of course).

I don't even really mind bats although I wouldn't really enjoy getting caught in a swarm.

Freaky albino what's its? If it's anything like the isopod(I believe that's the creatures name) then yeah, there's a slight creepy factor there but I could deal, I think.

All of them together? I don't have the cojones for that. Just a bit too much for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

public tours available!

Wouldn't that make a great Halloween tour???!!!

But not for me -thanks but no thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It is the dangling that's the worst bit, isn't it? And they're blind, so they'd just lunge at you...uurgh.

a reply to: TNMockingbird

It is the best (worst?) Hallowe'en combination I could ever imagine!

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep. That & it's in a cave, which are usually dark & can be cramped. I've accepted that there are hidden snakes around me when I'm in the woods or in a National Park. Most times we don't notice them & they usually try to avoid us. That's fine. But blind snakes dangling in a cave in the dark? Nope, not for me. And what happens if they like my smell or fall on me? Nope nope nope. All risk + no reward = not meant for this guy.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
Cool! When's the field trip?

I personally have no fear of snakes, and love to handle them, alone with other critters and reptiles. Albino animals are some of my favorite types of animals and I also have taken a liking to bats.

It's weird because when I saw this post, I didn't know why everyone was so scared and was refusing to go in that cave, then I realized most people, unlike me would be terrified. I'd love to venture out into the dark cave---Take some pictures, study the animals and their new established behaviors w/ adapting and coping with the new environment they've taken to. I'd love to handle some of the animals.

So I agree... When's the field trip?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

No doubt the floor is cover ed in a couple feet deep of bat droppings (guano) and the creatures that feed off it.
Sooo now we got a...

"Fecal cave swamp riddled with millions of maggots and some ghost crabs, while the air is filled with diseased parasite infested bats are fed upon by sightless serpents which reach their prey by hanging down from the ceiling. "

Sounds like a Cannibal Corpse album cover painting.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't step on widows.......I take a shovel to 'em!

And as far as the ecosystem goes...the ecosystem can just lump it.

As far as the cave....nope, nope, freaking NOPE...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Interesting, I wonder if the blind serpents have adopted or adapted their own eco location, learned from the bats...

It would be an interesting expedition with the correct BLKOP suiting & "toys".

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Snakes! In a cave!

They're cute.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Anyone up for some spelunking?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Nope!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Anyone up for some spelunking?

If i can do it with a flamethrower, sure.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join