It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality ‘may be triggered by environment after birth'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Death_Kron

The point being, trying to understand what makes an individual swing one way or another? It's fine to accept it but there's nothing wrong in questioning what influence/s are at play, fairly interesting I think.

Nothing wrong with questioning it.

But this study makes no sense. Only 20% of identical twins are both gay? That leaves 80% of them with one gay and not the other one.

Identical twins grow up in the same environment, fed the same food, exposed to the same thing, etc.

You would think it would trigger the gay genes more than the 20%.

I agree with that. I was latching more on the face that it's an interesting question to be asked rather than the actual results of the study if I'm honest.

Some people are 'just gay' and others aren't, there must be a conclusive reason behind it but I've read about the subject more than once and the typical explanation is down to more than one variable but... I don't know.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Of course, the answer must be to celebrate homosexuality in these populations as normal and natural, not to seek to reduce the incidence of mercury poisoning

LOL yeah that's right. The Gays are celebrating the poisoning.

But if you celebrate it as "normal and natural" when in this instance it isn't, what are you doing? That would be like celebrating a autism as "normal and natural" even if we found out it was caused by environmental damage. It's one thing to not stigmatize an individual who winds up different because of such damage, and it's another to say, "I know this is the result of environmental damage, but I'm going to call it completely natural and hold it up and something we should aspire to and celebrate in society." It leaves the impression that people should want their children to end up that way and if it turns out that a lot of it is due to environmental factors that could be controlled ... do we want to encourage it or avoid it?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Of course, the answer must be to celebrate homosexuality in these populations as normal and natural, not to seek to reduce the incidence of mercury poisoning

But if you celebrate it as "normal and natural" when in this instance it isn't, what are you doing? That would be like celebrating a autism as "normal and natural" even if we found out it was caused by environmental damage.

Autism is a developmental type disorder.

Being attracted to same sex is not a problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But if you celebrate it as "normal and natural" when in this instance it isn't, what are you doing? That would be like celebrating a autism as "normal and natural" even if we found out it was caused by environmental damage. It's one thing to not stigmatize an individual who winds up different because of such damage, and it's another to say, "I know this is the result of environmental damage, but I'm going to call it completely natural and hold it up and something we should aspire to and celebrate in society." It leaves the impression that people should want their children to end up that way and if it turns out that a lot of it is due to environmental factors that could be controlled ... do we want to encourage it or avoid it?

You really think that the Gays celebriate that?
But anyways. That study doesnt make any sense - 20% of identical twins are both gay and the rest of 80%?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

... except, of course, that the actual study in the OP is not about "environmental factors causing damage" (i.e. in your sense, homosexuality).

It's a small study that notes epigenetic markers that were common in a tiny sample of twins.

Epigenetic markers CAN BE influenced by environmental factors; but the study that has so excited you isn't stating that had happened.

Those are just facts though ... don't let that stop you from trying to justify bias.

By the way, because mercury poisoning caused aberrant behavior in a certain species hardly implies that is the causative factor for homosexuality in all species.

Of course, I know you know that.
edit on 19Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:41:21 -050015p0720151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

She does know. She is struggling with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

People should want their children to be Happy and Confident and loved, and if they are born GLBTQ+ nothing should change, instead of all this focus on "Unnatural" "Abnormal" "Defect" "Mental Illness"

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Spiritual Answer:
Sexual-Orientation is nothing more than an infestation of demonic spirits that pervade the mind and emotions to FEEL they should be something they're not.

Secular Answer:
Up to 1974 the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) which is followed by the American Psychiatric Association, diagnosed homosexuality as mental illness. At which time there was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be genetics.

Common Sense Answer:
If a man accidental steps in a pile of sh@t, there's a naturally occurring reaction of indignation and revulsion. But when this same reaction is experienced by those who encounter abnormal persons, i.e. homosexuality, transgender or pedophilia, they are required by the political correctness crowd to defend their reaction, or else will be marked with the ludicrous tag as a hater, or bigot.

Anyone that has ever studied Marxism-Leninism would know 'political correctness', is nothing more than a insidious strategy of coercion to influence public opinion. If these people can't marginalize their detractors, they'll seek to discredit them with a continued barrage of name calling.

Unfortunately they fail to understand no amount of rhetoric induced by political ideology, can magically coerce people to accept the abnormal for the normal.
edit on 4/5/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Factors after conception, not necessarily after birth.

And also there are epigenetic factors related to expression of hormones. It's well known that exposure to sex hormones of various forms during certain stages of fetal development makes a difference.

So there is more to biological influence than just genetics themselves

a) epigenetics of child
b) mother's gestation & expression of sex hormones

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

More likely sex-hormone mimicking chemicals in garbage.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anytime I have talked to my gay friends, they always told be how they were either molested, teased, or indoctrinated by a family member that they are gay. If it was a boy it's cause he was "flamboyant." A girl, because she kissed another 5 year old girl at school. Kids play dirty all the time. But when older siblings pound away at them like there is something wrong, they are basically fueling a self-fulfilling prophecy. I believe %100 it is environmental. E.g. Media/social conditioning, sexual abuse, bullying, etc...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Yeah, explain their LURVE for Coldplay.

Growing up with a gay dad, I got to see the lifestyle up close and personal: a pot dealer named Lorenzo, a coke dealer named Lazlo, lots of Dolly Parton and Bruce Springsteen records, Terry cloth shorts, Flamingos, and Cornish Game Hens.

I kid. Mostly. I mean, they really were into all stuff. It was the 70's.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Bollocks. I got teased relentlessly (and beat up, until I started fighting back) by my "peers" for having a gay dad. One of my dad's "friends" was pretty handsy. It never made me like girls any less.

Some people are born gay. Environmental factors make people stupid though, no question.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Cornish game hens? Never knew that was a gay cliche.

I thought that was middle class people, without sophisticated tastes, trying to look sophisticated.

Because, you know, Cornish game hen tastes just like chicken.

(post by Qwerm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Qwerm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
*snip*

Please provide link to this study.

Otherwise it's just more nonsense.
edit on 4/5/2016 by maria_stardust because: Edited out quote that has since been removed by staff.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
*snip*

www.wnd.com...
www.frc.org...
Just to set you off on the path you requested.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm

originally posted by: Annee
*snip*

www.wnd.com...
www.frc.org...
Just to set you off on the path you requested.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Now find a credible source.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Hmm interesting study. I find this field of epigenetics fascinating! My chiro got me onto the subject after falling ill recently. He quoted a study of twins separated at birth...one raised in Russia and the other in America. The latter develops typical Western diseases while the Russian twin remains healthy--and yet they have the same identical genes. Thus, there has to be an environmental factor involved in the development of disease that influences genes to switch on or off and thereby lead to the development of diseases. I believe one reason why the medical-politico-corporate cartel trumpets genes as if they alone are the basis for disease rather than the environment is due to the big money that they make off disease (e.g. billions invested in cancer "research" rather than finding a cure; drug and vaccine therapy reaps billions for "for-profit" drug companies; a "study" is publicized one day asserting this or that food, drug, vitamin, mineral, etc. is virtually a "cure-all" and then tomorrow a "study" asserts the total opposite and that it can cause disease like cancer; etc.). I reckon our environment is key to our health and if we live in a polluted environment, breathe polluted air; consume polluted, adulterated food and drinks, bathe in polluted water, etc. we're going to impact our genes and dna, which is going to ultimately affect our health and the health of our offspring without a doubt. I was told recently, for instance, that babies are being born with chemicals (e.g. BPA I think) detected in their blood due to what the mothers consumed during pregnancy. It's a mad and sick world...I wish I could escape it...

edit on 7-4-2016 by cameraobscura because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join