It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality ‘may be triggered by environment after birth'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Gryphon66

Same feeling I know so many Beautiful men and I am adult enough to say they are. But alas I'm straight.

I just left a 20 year marriage (it was an age thing). We still talk.

I think it would be so great to get together with another mature woman. But, I'm just too straight.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I work with a gay lad who is the 2nd most beautiful person I have ever met (my Iranian Disney princess is the 1st) he is gorgeous, looking and in spirit.

There's a lot of 'em. Seems to be a slightly larger proportion of "truly beautiful" gay men than one would expect.

As a fairly standard looking guy, I've just had to learn to live with it. LOL

If you've never looked up the Native American concept of "the Two-Spirit" ... that might shed some light on what you sense from your co-worker.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What you are single now

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If you've never looked up the Native American concept of "the Two-Spirit" ... that might shed some light on what you sense from your co-worker.

It's a shame Christianity has seriously infiltrated much of the Native American groups today.

It's become a real problem.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What you are single now

Whoo hoo stop flirting.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's a shame Christianity has seriously infiltrated much of the Native American groups today.

It's become a real problem.

We've brought the First Nations all kinds of calamity; I agree that our religion might prove to be the worst.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What you are single now

Yep. I am single now.

My ex is 21 years younger. I felt it unfair for him not to have a full life.

We had a great marriage, but I didn't want resentment or a nursemaid.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's sad really. Same thing happened with the aborigines.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So, we've established that the tabloid version of this rather challenging if not flawed study was misleading.

Are we done here?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Are we done here?

We have been done long time ago. They apparently are not done with it for some reason.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I know a lot about "Two-Spirit" and other Third-Gender Cultures.. i can relate obviously

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think some people (parents) want desperately to find a "reason" their son or daughter is gay. Maybe they fed them the wrong baby food, maybe it was a vaccine, maybe it was Flintsone vitamins...

The fact that remains that homosexuality is found in all sorts of animal species in nature...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If homosexuality could be Reversible, than so could Heterosexuality

Not true when normal is altered it can be changed, not all Homosexuals have been "changed" by environment, only some who would not have been without their system being corrupted these are two different things.

Epigenetic changes are known to be triggered by environmental factors such as chemical exposure, childhood abuse, diet, exercise and stress.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think some people (parents) want desperately to find a "reason" their son or daughter is gay. Maybe they fed them the wrong baby food, maybe it was a vaccine, maybe it was Flintsone vitamins...

The fact that remains that homosexuality is found in all sorts of animal species in nature...

You mean like this?

(NaturalNews) An international duo of scientists may have uncovered a causative factor in homosexuality: mercury poisoning. Publishing their findings in the peer-reviewed journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B, the team from the University of Florida and the University of Peradeniya in Sri Lanka observed that white ibises birds exposed to mercury tend towards unusual same-sex behavior not evident among their non-exposed counterparts.

Of course, the answer must be to celebrate homosexuality in these populations as normal and natural, not to seek to reduce the incidence of mercury poisoning ...

And I might point out that this study would be entirely consistent with the study in the OP - environmental factors causing damage.
edit on 11-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course, the answer must be to celebrate homosexuality in these populations as normal and natural, not to seek to reduce the incidence of mercury poisoning

LOL yeah that's right. The Gays are celebrating the poisoning.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Now this is interesting, everybody knows that people tried to find explanation to homosexuality in humanity (and in the animal kingdom) to a gene or something, now a controversial new twin study suggests that environmental changes could trigger homosexuality.

This old argument again, nature or nurture? Well, I guess some people just gotta find someone to blame for what they don't understand.

I'm not buying it though. Try to tell an adolescent young man whose trying to control his public erections that it's not a natural physical response, but a mental or emotional defective response to something that occurred in his childhood. Yeah, right...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Epigenetic changes are known to be triggered by environmental factors such as chemical exposure, childhood abuse, diet, exercise and stress.

Is that from the OP article?

Epigenetics is a relatively new field of science.

Making such direct statements seems a bit premature.

edit on 11-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

so maybe comparing us to birds can prove that we are Gay because Mercury poisoning?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Frocharocha

Homosexuality may be triggered by environmental factors during childhood after scientists found that genetic changes which happen after birth can determine whether a man is straight or gay.

There is no evidence that the environment may cause one to become a homosexual.

If so would the environment cause one to become straight?

Many people are born straight, gay, or bi sexual. That is the way it is, and we need to all except that.

The point being, trying to understand what makes an individual swing one way or another? It's fine to accept it but there's nothing wrong in questioning what influence/s are at play, fairly interesting I think.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Death_Kron

The point being, trying to understand what makes an individual swing one way or another? It's fine to accept it but there's nothing wrong in questioning what influence/s are at play, fairly interesting I think.

Nothing wrong with questioning it.

But this study makes no sense. Only 20% of identical twins are both gay? That leaves 80% of them with one gay and not the other one.

Identical twins grow up in the same environment, fed the same food, exposed to the same thing, etc.

You would think it would trigger the gay genes more than the 20%.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join