It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldiers shoot dead female armed terrorist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton
Stop being so silly. She was armed with a knife and there was at least 7 officers around her. No -one said bum rush her. They could have approached her peacefully (remember 7 officers against one woman not a one on one situation) and dis-armed her with low force.
In my oppinion the officers ramped up the situation by shouting orders at her. Yes ,yes we know they have to take command of the situation but in this instance it should have been a softly, softly approach.
Equally remember it was a knife she was "armed" with so if she wasn't going to throw it with that many officers she could have been dis-armed quite easily.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I just returned to the US a couple months ago after living in Israel for about 5 years for work. I don't remember seeing a single taser the entire time I was there - not on soldiers, police, or security. It's possible they were around, but definitely not common.

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Vamana

I didn't say anything about that so don't put words in my mouth please. I just noted what I saw were some weird things about the video...i have no clue what their operating procedures are but I highly doubt they go out with a single mag. Maybe they do...why then was hers empty? It made an obviously hollow sound when it hit the deck...30rounds of whatever make a pretty solid thud when it hits.

Here's the thing about Israeli soldiers, when you see one out and about in town, they weren't issued the rifle that morning to go out on patrol, they have to keep it with them 24/7 (you'll occasionally see a female soldier in a bikini at the beach with an m-16 over her shoulder...) And unless they are border patrol, or a unit out in the field, they are not battle ready like most would expect a soldier to be - they are just going about their daily business, out to lunch, shopping, spending the day at the beach, etc. So it is very likely they only have a couple of mags - most of the time they didn't even have a mag inserted into the rifle...

Not sure if it was legal or not, but I kept a knife in my pocket just about everywhere I went - I was smart enough not to wave it around in public and never had any problem...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Lipton
Stop being so silly. She was armed with a knife and there was at least 7 officers around her. No -one said bum rush her. They could have approached her peacefully (remember 7 officers against one woman not a one on one situation) and dis-armed her with low force.
In my oppinion the officers ramped up the situation by shouting orders at her. Yes ,yes we know they have to take command of the situation but in this instance it should have been a softly, softly approach.
Equally remember it was a knife she was "armed" with so if she wasn't going to throw it with that many officers she could have been dis-armed quite easily.

YEah always easy to say she could had been disarmed easily. I tell you from experience it aint easy. i got cut pretty good and i tell you if i had a gun i would had shot the jerk who came at me dead. Sometimes Shouting is the only way to get through to some people, Drill sergeants do this tactic. its to assert authority.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Actually it's plain as day in the video...you just gotta open your eyes. Also if that mag is full it sure has some hollow rounds cause all I heard was the clatter of an empty mag same as when I drop on at the range....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This event explains why Israel could not defeat Hezbollah in the 2006 Lebanon War, even though IDF outnumber Hezbollah by a 10-to-1 ratio, and was supported by aircrafts, artillery and tanks (which Hezbollah has none). Now if Hezbollah was composed of women soldiers, than IDF may have a chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join