It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchdog Says Report of 10,000 Toddlers on ADHD Drugs Tip of the Iceberg...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

What a nightmare to go through! My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you were able to do the necessary research to help yourself, and your friend's son. I can't even imagine what kind of hell that was for him. That young, he would not have the experience or frame of reference to even understand what was happening, not even the words or vocabulary to describe it. And when I think of little babies and toddlers' developing systems trying to deal with all the effects... Well, hell, I don't even have the vocabulary!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

All those drugs are probably having disastrous effects on the developing brain.

No wonder the u.s has so many mass shootings.

That's coincidental correlation- it's like saying that everybody who takes sleeping tablets will get sleepy.

Sure some medication is completely unnecessary, but sometimes it works. Lithium is one of the more helpful remedies.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

What does lithium have anything to do with this, your suggesting it could be just fine to give 1 yr old and under this
-- 249,669 on anti-anxiety drugs (such as Xanax, Klonopin, and Ativan)
-- 26,406 on antidepressants (such as Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil)
-- 1,422 on ADHD drugs (such as Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta)
-- 654 on antipsychotics (such as Risperdal, Seroquel, and Zyprexa)

I,m severely curious as to how a doctor determines which of these poisons is suitable..patient tell them?
edit on 11-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The numbers on the Scientology led CCHR report can't be verified.
Since the CCHG is anti psychiatric medicine this leads me that the numbers are not robust.
Whilst psyche meds are given out to easily in the States and that needs to be addressed, the numbers, especially for the 3 year and under range seen grossly inflated. Ridiculously inflated.
And when you actually go though to the original CCHR report you can't drill down to find out exactly wh how these numbers are composed.

I can't believe no one has brought this up and are just blindly accepting the numbers.
Or maybe I can...

So, do we have any sources for more accurate numbers? I can see theirs not being trustworthy. Didn't realize that was the source. I'd love to see the actual numbers, but haven't had time to go looking. Way too busy with school in session for that!

The meds are indeed given out far to often, and I have known people who had issues with them, and didn't really even need them. For the three and under range, I can't see that ever being justified. A child that young isn't finished developing, and one cannot know what effects these meds could have, or even be able to properly diagnose a condition that would warrant such meds.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I won't trust psychiatry until they are able to scientifically scan the chemical imbalances in one's brain. Until then, there is going to be massive misprescriptions for mental issues. Many parents seem to blindly follow a psychiatrist's diagnosis. It is pretty sad what mental health is coming to.
edit on 14-10-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

What does lithium have anything to do with this, your suggesting it could be just fine to give 1 yr old and under this
-- 249,669 on anti-anxiety drugs (such as Xanax, Klonopin, and Ativan)
-- 26,406 on antidepressants (such as Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil)
-- 1,422 on ADHD drugs (such as Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta)
-- 654 on antipsychotics (such as Risperdal, Seroquel, and Zyprexa)

I,m severely curious as to how a doctor determines which of these poisons is suitable..patient tell them?

Me too. I knew a large family of many kids who half were on mental health prescriptions. A young teen was on ADHD, anti depressents, maybe antipsychotic and others. He must have been taking around 6-8 pills a day. All prescriptions were based on mental health analysis to my knowledge. All this stuff bevause a kid was acting out, depressed, with some anger issues. i was the same way as a teen and i did not end up needing brain altering chemicals.

Id be interested in how they make their "accurate" dosages without knowing the exact chemistry of it.
edit on 14-10-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is making me so angry...
All the parents giving this kind of drugs to their babies; all the doctors prescribing them, all the teachers enforcing this heavy medication on our children and all the scums making money out of it.
They all should be either locked down for many, many years, or medicated with same drugs they give those children for the rest of their lives.
I believe we as a society have reached the lowest low. An apocalypse will be a refreshing change at this point.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's too much to expect parents to protect their child from every threat. And it's too much to expect society to spot every threat. The way I feel is we're in whatever it's and we're not getting out.

I thnk we'll be ok, but...

I didn't start drinking coffee until my mid 20's. I went through college without drinking any. I remember all night studying for exams.... I later relished every cup of coffee at work. I think it helped. But honestly I think it helped most with other people. I also noticed myself winning strategy games more frequently when I had a buzz from it. It was probably equivalent to the boost you get from being physically active and sitting down for an hour or two. If you sit for more than an hour or two, the brain slows down. Coffee helps to reduce how much it slows down.

Bottom line our brain wants us to do physical activity. Otherwise, how do you explain the cognitive boost? I know it boosted me anyway. Maybe not everyone is this way. Some people seem to sit all day and still be geniuses.

What I can tell you is htis... When I was a budding 22 year old I would sit down and for the first hour or two I'd annihilate people in Quake 2. I was a monster. But then after about 2 hours I became like an old man. And it didn't seem to come back unless I... got some serious physical activity.

It might be removing the mind from a probelm and focusing it on another helps to reorient it too. I noticed in college, for example, if I was stuck in a programming problem, by getting up and forgetting about it for a while and then coming back later, would often help. In fact, the answer would almost always come withing a couple minutes of sitting down. I don't know whether it was the getting up or focusing on something else...(I can vividly remember an all nighter I did... I sat for probably 7 hours and couldn't fix a problem. So I got up and watched some TV and p**** in the toilet. I went back, sat down and solved the problem with a couple minutes.)
edit on 10/14/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join