It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Southern University on lockdown after a shooting on campus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

THis is not a school shooting. This is the media taking a shooting that happened in a residential area for students, and linking it into the current social meme of "School Shootings".

But if you ask the profilers with the FBI....this isn't a "School Shooting".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are absolutely right!

That university is an historically black university and it's in a urban area of town. I'll bet this shooting is drug-related.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If this happened in our jurisdiction it would not be classified as a school shooting (because it's not).

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

THis is not a school shooting. This is the media taking a shooting that happened in a residential area for students, and linking it into the current social meme of "School Shootings".

But if you ask the profilers with the FBI....this isn't a "School Shooting".

It was clear from the outset this was not a school shooting scenario at all.

OP was just as caught up in the hype as the MSM is lately.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

One person, or maybe two, is hardly a "shooting event". That it happened to occur near a school doesn't make it any more important than someone being shot at a convenience store. Sometimes, the media really pushes stories that aren't that big a deal.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

One person, or maybe two, is hardly a "shooting event".

Perhaps not in your country but it is in mine , here if a student is shot (doesn't happen) on school property then it's a school shooting but I guess the scale of school shooting you are used to it isn't.
Message received.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

but when its a mile away from the school? Is it still a "school shooting"?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

One person, or maybe two, is hardly a "shooting event".

Perhaps not in your country but it is in mine , here if a student is shot (doesn't happen) on school property then it's a school shooting but I guess the scale of school shooting you are used to it isn't.
Message received.

I said it wasn't a "shooting event", not that it wasn't a "school shooting". There is a difference. The media here tends to cover certain sorts of crimes far more than necessary, and downplay other sorts, to push an agenda. The fact hat you think we are "used to" a certain type shows that the media tactics are working. No, we are not accustomed to mass shootings at schools; they are quite rare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join