It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Southern University on lockdown after a shooting on campus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Another University another shooting , early reports say 1 person dead ...what is going on over there.

We're hearing from Houston police that two people may have been shot on Blodgett Street near Canfield around 11:30am. The shooting happened at the Tierwester Oaks section of the University Courtyard Apartment Complex. The apartment complex is owned by the campus.

University spokesman Kendrick Callis said the suspected shooter is still on the loose. He says the campus is on lockdown and classes have been canceled.
abc13.com...

TSU spokesperson Eva Pickens issued the following statement:
"Texas Southern University has announced the campus is on lockdown following a shooting incident just moments ago. Early reports indicate two shot - conditions not known right now. The assailant is still at large. All staff are asked to remain in offices - students to remain in classrooms until further notice."

edit on 9-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, here it goes. I am sure there will be many more to come, sadly,

Here is another link; good job OP

www.rt.com...

edit on 9-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
2nd campus shooting including a death ive heard about today. Arizona aswell

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Another University another shooting , early reports say 1 person dead ...what is going on over there.

We're hearing from Houston police that two people may have been shot on Blodgett Street near Canfield around 11:30am. The shooting happened at the Tierwester Oaks section of the University Courtyard Apartment Complex. The apartment complex is owned by the campus.

University spokesman Kendrick Callis said the suspected shooter is still on the loose. He says the campus is on lockdown and classes have been canceled.
abc13.com...

TSU spokesperson Eva Pickens issued the following statement:
"Texas Southern University has announced the campus is on lockdown following a shooting incident just moments ago. Early reports indicate two shot - conditions not known right now. The assailant is still at large. All staff are asked to remain in offices - students to remain in classrooms until further notice."

From the story I am guessing this is a bad area and more likely just related to criminal activity than an actual school shooter incident.

This is the third shooting on the TSU campus in the past two months, and the second at this apartment complex.

Earlier this week, one person was injured while on the "Tiger Walk." TSU Police are still looking for that suspect, identified is Darios Tramain Crayton Scott, 19.

And back on August 27, a man and woman were both injured when a man opened fire in the parking lot of the same apartment complex as today's shooting. Darrius Nichols, 20, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in that case.

But because it is a shooting and the apartment complex is owned by the school.....voila.....another MSM report jumping the gun for headlines!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
2 shootings today at schools.

Right on que for Obama's latest E.O.

edit on Oct-09-2015 by xuenchen because: nyet.naught

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
2 shootings today at schools.

Right on que for Obama's latest E.O.

If he tries to relate either of the shootings today to the Oregon shooting it will show just how desperate he is. Nothing even remotely similar about them.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But because it is a shooting and the apartment complex is owned by the school.....voila.....another MSM report jumping the gun for headlines!!!!

From reports I've seen the apartments are student housing so I guess it involves students , regardless it is still another shooting at a Uni.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So first it was Oregon, then Philly, then Arizona, and now Texas, right, in like a week?

maybe I won't push my kids to go to college so hard anymore...

edit on 10-9-2015 by Squirlli because: my spelling sucks

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I posted on the Arizona shooting what I will post here. I think you've hit the nail on the head here vasa...when I was going to school here in orlando the college I went to didn't have dorms because it was too small. Instead it had deals with about 15 or so apt complexes in the area. Some of these apt complexes were favored by the more criminal element. These apartments had stabbings and shooting, even rapes quite often. They had nothing to do with the school but more to do with rivals on the streets, junkies trying to steal and buy drugs, and other nonsense related to inner-city crime.

To me these recent school violence reports seem to be geared at making us think we have an epidemic of school shooters...wonder why that is? Could it be someone is trying to push an agenda by keeping this stuff in the lime light...I mean I can think of many many other dangerous areas having crime like this constantly that get wayyyyyyy less attention.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im telling you something is amiss

People are really working hard to push that agenda before the election cycle.....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

From reports I've seen the apartments are student housing so I guess it involves students , regardless it is still another shooting at a Uni.

I understand it is a shooting at a university owned apartment complex, but the exact same complex has had 2 other shootings in the very recent past related to criminal activity. To relate this to the stigma of a "school shooting" is disingenuous by MSM to say the least. The story is for headlines. Notice how the other 2 shootings didn't make headlines? That is because they were before the Oregon shooting.....an obvious attention seeking headline by MSM on this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hate these incidents so much and my thoughts are, and will invariably be with the innocent victims' families.

It appears that all universities and campus grounds should be banned.

That will stop any shootings at universities and associated campus grounds.

It will also satisfy the uneducated among us and is in keeping with the current thought process on how to deal with these types of events.

Now, I'm no Nostradamus but I bet Obama will appear on the propaganda box lamenting this tragedy and bleating about the need for gun restrictions etc in 5, 4, 3, 2..........

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

To relate this to the stigma of a "school shooting" is disingenuous by MSM to say the least

Bit early to say really , the shooter is still on the loose according to reports I'm seeing.

Suspect now detained.

Houston Police tweeted early Friday afternoon that a possible suspect had been detained.
One person fatally shot, one wounded at 3545 Blodgett, an apartment complex near TSU campus. A possible suspect is detained. PIO en route.
houston.cbslocal.com... ign=cbslocal

edit on 9-10-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The impression I get on why Americans like their guns and want to keep them is for protection of themselves and their families, etc.

So...how come no one EVER stops these shootings?

I see the argument - we want guns for our protection. Yet, no one, apart from trained police/military/security bodies are able to handle them.

I honestly don't see what the argument is nowadays for "gun rights" apart from people wanting them because they're just fun to use. For all these horrible shootings and mass-murders, how many instances of someone, other than security forces, are there in which they stop the perpetrators?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
The impression I get on why Americans like their guns and want to keep them is for protection of themselves and their families, etc.

They are stopped all the time by law abiding citizens, you just never hear about it because it doesn't fit the agenda. Just like the latest shooting had a would be hero at the scene that apparently tried to stop the shooter, but you didn't hear about that on the news now did you?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

You should search for 'crimes stopped by armed citizens'. It happens with some frequency actually. It just doesn't get the same coverage.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I see the argument - we want guns for our protection. Yet, no one, apart from trained police/military/security bodies are able to handle them.

I honestly don't see what the argument is nowadays for "gun rights" apart from people wanting them because they're just fun to use. For all these horrible shootings and mass-murders, how many instances of someone, other than security forces, are there in which they stop the perpetrators?

You just don't know where to look. Here are 660 pages of examples (and these are a fraction of stories that happen daily).

www.nraila.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why is a late night fight between two groups of students resulting in one student pulling a gun on the others being called a school shooting?

It was a parking lot fight that ended in a parking lot shooting.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Really? I wasn't aware of that. It certainly isn't publicised.

But I don't understand why it woudnt be. Surely the NRA would jump on such incidents in order to support their organisation and the argument against tightened gun control?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There are plenty of shootings and crimes stopped by concealed carry holders. They have been posted on numerous threads here. Trouble is, they stop the criminal before the act so there is no massacre to report and it does not make the news.

There have been hundreds of CCW holders reported in local news as having stopped crimes. Just do a search and you will find plenty. It doesn't make headlines....ever.

Now if one stopped a guy that had a couple thousand rounds of ammo on him, a couple AR's slung over his shoulder, and a few pistols strapped on then I am sure that would make headlines.

With the agenda being pushed today, and in particular TODAY, adding "school" into the shooting is what sells headlines....both shootings today just happened to be at schools, but were not "school shootings" in the sense of the Oregon shooting.....just MSM wanting headlines. It is sad really. Two shootings prior to this one very recently, at the exact same apartment, yet NEITHER made it past local news.....
edit on 10/9/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join