It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant arrivals in Greece 'surge' to 7,000 daily , up from 4,500 a day in September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The European Union has over the course of the year shown just how useless it is in the face of the ever growing migrant crisis , the EU is like a rabbit rooted to the spot as it watches the car headlights hurtling toward it , the end result for the rabbit and the EU will be the same.

The number of migrants arriving on the Greek islands near Turkey has surged to about 7,000 a day in the past week, migration experts working there say.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) said the average in late September was 4,500 a day.
Fears of worsening weather may account for the surge, the IOM says.
The EU's migrant relocation scheme got under way on Friday when 20 Eritreans left Italy on a flight to Sweden. Some EU member states object to the scheme.
Meanwhile, Turkey has voiced concern about the potential for even more Syrian migrants arriving at its border because of Russian air strikes in Syria
www.bbc.co.uk...

The EU's migrant relocation scheme is an open invitation for anyone who feels they have the right to come to Europe to go ahead and make the journey , the increase in numbers is surely a response to that , welcome one welcome all.
The sooner the UK gets out of Dodge the better , the EU has once again shown itself to be nothing more than a talking shop and an expensive one at that , when the only solution they can come up with is to throw the doors open I have to ask myself who's interests are they protecting because it sure aint ours the citizens of Europe.

Cameron needs to bring the EU referendum forward to 2016 so we can lance this fat bloated boil once and for all and regain our sovereignty.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Since I reside "across the pond" all I know is what I hear and see on our news . It appears the situation in the EU is only going to get worse. Greece taking in 7000 immigrants a day cant be good for that country or the EU.And then take in to account the rest of the EU countries.Its not a matter of where they are from or the circumstances. It is more like we have enough for us, what happens when you add a million more people. And now , I hear, the US is getting started down the same path, Makes you wonder what exactly is going on , doesnt it ?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this is just great! i cant wait till next summer,ya know cuz the summer heat brings out the best in everyone. Even the liberal german rags are now forced to report the daily riots in the refugee slums. I say grab the popcorn....dont go out at night......keep a shank with you at all times......and enjoy the show!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wonder if there would have been such a severe situation had not the governments had not be forced to react to accepting so many if it were not for the pressure groups demanding immediate action to be taken after the publication of the dead child. It amounted to emotional blackmail and because of those countries wanting to show being more humanitarian than their neighbours, and with no effective and secure plan in place the result is now as it currently is.

It also doesn't help when migrants scuttle their own boats in the ocean to force a rescue so they can be transported nearer to where they want to go.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If it is true that alot of them are military age men could it be possible that there is an army in waiting being put together?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I think it likely , if IS aren't using the situation to insert their own into enemy countries then they're missing a golden opportunity and from what we've seen of them so far they are not ones to miss an opportunity.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The EU leaders can't really do anything because everyone is trying to minimize the problem for their own country.

For the border countries (Greece, Italy, Spain), the solution is that the migrants get moved to whatever other country they want to go to (Germany, UK, Sweden). For those other countries, the solution is that the migrants should stay in the border countries.
All the other countries inbetween can only either put up fences, bus the migrants across to where they want to go or offer money to the border countries to build their own fences.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think you had better rearange your numbers. According to the Independant the new revised figure for migrants moving into Germany alone will soon exceed 1.5 million. So 7 thousand here or there in countries they are passing through is a trifle. It's their destination where they end up is where the problem is going to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've posted on here the other day and said that in the Daily Mail and Express it was saying that after reunification this 1.5 million could easily swell to 5 or 6 million in a year. I also put forward my concerns re: the security element of allowing these numbers into Europe and UK. I also said that figures shows only 10-20% of these are Syrian refugees and 80% are young, fit, men coming from a whole range of countries. I asked what the leftie/liberals thought of these numbers and didn't they worry about the security side of things. I was laughed at and told I was being a bit hysterical. I also was told I was xenophobic, racist and even accused of trolling but I still didn't get answers to the questions I was posing. I never do when I ask the people who keep saying we should let them all in. They never seem to have the answers about how many is enough or how our infrastructure etc is supposed to deal with these numbers. They certainly don't seem able to see that ISIS jihads could be hidden amongst these vast numbers. I think the people who don't think this are the ones who should be laughed at. Its like a vast section of the population have been brainwashed and the only answers they can come up with are the stereotypical labels that don't make any sense.

I saw this today www.express.co.uk...

Straight away this will be laughed at because the source is Daily Express. However, I have seen it printed in plenty of other publications. Seems like some of the leftie brigade are finally waking up and seeing what the majority of people in the UK have been saying for ages that nearly all the people at Calais are men and not refugees but economic migrants (same as a lot aren't refugees who are coming over to Greece and Italy). Anybody who can't see this must be blind. Yes, of course,, there are genuine families who are escaping war and they should be let in. The problem is the media insist on shoving these families in front of the cameras to hide the thousands of young men in the background. Most people are wide awake though and can see eventually the S is going to hit the fan. Its madness, absolute madness and it is frightening, really, really frightening and for anyone who can't see that WELL JUST WAIT AND SEE!!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The EU leaders can't really do anything because everyone is trying to minimize the problem for their own country.

For the border countries (Greece, Italy, Spain), the solution is that the migrants get moved to whatever other country they want to go to (Germany, UK, Sweden). For those other countries, the solution is that the migrants should stay in the border countries.
All the other countries inbetween can only either put up fences, bus the migrants across to where they want to go or offer money to the border countries to build their own fences.

That's true, I read Greece would only get a few hundred refugees. They are just using Greece and border countries as a layover. It still however is taxing on their already fragile economic systems.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I can't imagine the fear and disgust of the people who live on these islands. Their quiet seaside lives thrown into absolute chaos by hordes of Middle Eastern men landing on their shores. Who knows what kind of criminals and terrorists are in these groups? Random chance ensures that will be at least a few dozen mixed in.

Were I a Greek islander I think I just might go over the edge.
Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been any kind of attack on these invaders.
Instead they are greeted with bottled water and sandwiches along with pamphlets telling them in Arabic how to get to Germany for all the freebies Merkel apparently thinks these men deserve.
The people of Germany are insane to go along with this plan for their own extinction.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Take it from me, the police on the islands are protecting the migrants from the people not the other way round, as it should be and it's the same in all the countries they are in.
They are ordered to protect them from "national extremists". That's the ordinary disgruntled citizens to you and me.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well apparently its been widely reported today that 400,000 are going to be sent back to temporary centres in African Countries where a lot of these fit, young men are coming from. If the countries won't accept them back they are talking about threatening the countries with cutting aid etc. This should be happening now. Not being talked about. The more people they keep letting in on a daily basis the harder it is going to be to send anyone back. Do the powers that be not realise this. If they let in hundreds of thousands more don't they think there are going to be riots when they try to get them to leave. A lot of the men have already shown how aggressive they can become and demanding when they are not getting their own way.

I don't understand this concept of sending quotas to different countries either and sharing them out. How is this going to work. If migrants don't want to go to a Country (a lot have said they won't be happy leaving Germany and would rather go back if need be) how is that Country going to force them to stay there? The big elephant in the room as well and what nobody wants to talk about is what is going to happen when Germany start handing out papers which will then let these people go wherever they want in Europe (i.e. UK) and there will be nothing we can do about it.

If the governments are serious about sending people back then straight away they should start with Calais and show us that they mean it. Those people at the camps are economic refugees and I can't understand why France hasn't dealt with them. What are France afraid of?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I don't understand this concept of sending quotas to different countries either and sharing them out. How is this going to work. If migrants don't want to go to a Country (a lot have said they won't be happy leaving Germany and would rather go back if need be) how is that Country going to force them to stay there? The big elephant in the room as well and what nobody wants to talk about is what is going to happen when Germany start handing out papers which will then let these people go wherever they want in Europe (i.e. UK) and there will be nothing we can do about it.

Good point. You can bet a large number will end up in the UK once they get their papers in Germany or Sweden. The reason they go there to claim asylum is these are the two easiest nations to get asylum in the EU. Sweden is now giving citizenship entirely based on if they are from Syria without any other requirements and Germany has very relaxed asylum requirements too. That's why they go to these nations first but after that the UK is often the destination of choice.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I can't imagine the fear and disgust of the people who live on these islands. Their quiet seaside lives thrown into absolute chaos by hordes of Middle Eastern men landing on their shores. Who knows what kind of criminals and terrorists are in these groups? Random chance ensures that will be at least a few dozen mixed in.

Were I a Greek islander I think I just might go over the edge.
Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been any kind of attack on these invaders.
Instead they are greeted with bottled water and sandwiches along with pamphlets telling them in Arabic how to get to Germany for all the freebies Merkel apparently thinks these men deserve.
The people of Germany are insane to go along with this plan for their own extinction.

There is very good reason to be giving the migrants bottled water and maps with directions to get out to somewhere else,for the greeks it is a little like where i live but here is a much smaller scale...

I live on a property next to a festival site,it is one of the largest festivals in Aus and it attracts around 35000 people to each venue,we get lots of people cutting through the property to get in,so the people we catch cutting through we are friendly with,we direct them off the property and even sometimes have a beer with em......the reason being is if we are nasty and chase them away they will likely get angry and break stuff on the way out

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh, I understand how the siege mentality can make one overly accommodating for the sake of avoiding problems. However, the people of Greece shouldn't have to be dealing with the fallout from the immigration policies of Germany.

When it comes to sending them back it will take a few live bullets before they will agree. Anything short of brute force will be ignored by them. The pacifist nature of most Europeans these days seems to them like an open invitation to intimidate their way in to getting what they want. When they say they're sending them back they will riot in response and the longer the EU takes using sufficient force the more people will get hurt. There will little left of Calais if they do not use the iron glove.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The problem is there is no turning these people back,they are coming like it or not,who is to blame is regardless at this point....the people of Greece have no option but to smile and wave at this point and hope their country escapes some of the wrath that is coming.... i am not sure that riots are avoidable at this point no matter what decision gets made

God only knows what will happen when vast amounts of these people reach their intended destinations,one thing is for sure it will be historical....

As far as trying to send them back i think you might find using force against them will be met with force,many of these people are desperate and we all know what can happen when people have nothing to lose.....

top topics

join