It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State makes closest advance to Aleppo, Iranian General killed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah, no one is denying that Assad, on the verge of defeat (seriously, look at what little he controls in Syria) phoned Putin and cried like a baby asking for help and Putin agreed. That much is obvious and common sense...

As you said, it's the reasons given by Russia that are in question. Their actions so far back this up - they are there to prop up Assad and maintain a friend in the region, not to "fight terrorism".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But if you read my other post, you would know I made it clear that Russia was invited to combat all rebels hostile to Assad to allow him to stay in power. I know that Russia isn't doing this for "old times sake". It is equally as much a counter reaction to the US interests in the region.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Iran and Russia along with China can shut the place down and I think that is what is going to happen .

You need to get over the delusion that China is going to get involved in Syria:

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi called for a new peace conference on Syria, urging U.N. Security Council nations to “unite and seek the opportunity to politically solve the Syrian crisis as the parties are showing more willingness to do so.

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You need to get over the delusion that China is going to get involved in Syria:

His "delusions" may not be that far-fetched:

China’s military advisers ‘heading to Syria to help fight ISIS’ – report

“The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

Will China join Russia's intervention in Syria?

Russian Senator Igor Morozov has appeared to confirm rumours that China was set to enter the Syrian conflict.

"It is known that China has joined our military operation in Syria; the Chinese cruiser has already entered the Mediterranean, [and an] aircraft carrier follows it," he said. - See more at:

**passed you a napkin for that egg on your face**

You're welcome

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
To me this whole scenario comes across as Russia helping an ally and NATO/ the west imposing itself in a region they truly are not welcome in, politically speaking of course.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

“The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

Debunked here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You need to stop saying things can never happen that are happening just the other day you said Russia would never be asked into Iraq and if they even thought about it USA would kick there a$$,s well I tell you now your delirious if you think there is no way China is not getting involved military advisers already in Damascus look up allies in dictionary jihadists are jihadists Russia and her allies are going to wipe them off the face of the earth and ones that run a way will get swatted when they come back build a bridge and get over it the game is up

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

There is a single Chinese cruiser and it's tender in the Med, but there is no aircraft carrier.

They have only just built one and it is no shape to carry out operations. Their single carrier is actually designated a "training ship" and isn't attached any operational fleets. They are using it to train their future Naval air arm for their indigenous built carriers.

The cruiser (of the PLAN 152 Fleet) has also been in the region for a while (doing exercises with Russia - Joint Sea 2015) and is on a "world tour" - it is unlikely to be involved in any activities.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to include these for you, you know, for that egg you mentioned.....

edit on 9/10/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Debunked here:

That is a straw man if I've ever seen one.

What part of that link "debunks" what I posted?

This (banana) debunks your post.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNator

You need to stop saying things can never happen that are happening just the other day you said Russia would never be asked into Iraq and if they even thought about it USA would kick there a$$,s well I tell you now your delirious if you think there is no way China is not getting involved military advisers already in Damascus look up allies in dictionary jihadists are jihadists Russia and her allies are going to wipe them off the face of the earth and ones that run a way will get swatted when they come back build a bridge and get over it the game is up

You need to stop lying. Yes, lying. I have never said that Russia would not be asked into Syria, and I have never claimed the US would kick any part of Russia's anatomy. If you cannot link to a post where I made any of the statements you have falsely claimed I made, I expect an apology.

Now, if China is foolish enough to get mixed up with Russia in the Syrian mess, I will apologize to ATS in general for my faulty analysis. I may be arrogant, but I'm honest.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: DJW001

Debunked here:

That is a straw man if I've ever seen one.

What part of that link "debunks" what I posted?

This (banana) debunks your post.

Try your link to RT. They have deleted the article because it turned out to be too false even for RT.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyleeNator

Many people can have delusions based on thier high hopes based on nothing more than thier personal opinion. I have herd all kinds of stories from many mostly due to thier wanting it to be so. So in reality rather than saying lets wait and see what happens many try to project what they think will happen as actual reality.

So yes there are quite a few reports that China will aid Russia in its fight against terrorism, lets wait and see.
Some would try and play China, Russia, and Iran against each other when in fact thay are allies. Only out of delusion could anyone think they are against each other rather than against the US and NATO.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyleeNator

**removed actioned post**

Okay... so where are the pics of the ship at harbor? It should have arrived over a week ago. Where are the pictures of the Chinese marines disembarking? Where is the joint announcement by the Russian, Chinese and Syrian commanders? Well?

The story does not need to be debunked because events themselves have debunked it.
edit on 10/9/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNator

For some reason ,I think China will get involved because of what is going on in Yemen .They (China) knows that Yemen is the Saudi's Vietnam of sorts and will bog then down and never really see a victory . China will do like Russia/Iran and use Syria as their battle ground . It does a few things in that the Saudi pipe lines do not get to Europe and prop up the need for the USD and will allow Russia to sell their gas and oil to Europe using the Ruple or Euro or Gold ....

Chine really wants the BRICS system to work and for that ,Russia has to be strong .The Saudi's see the balance of power in the region going to Iran who will more then likely start producing much more oil and gas and will probably come to a sharing agreement with Russia . None of this new gas and oil will need the USD because of the Euro and the other basket of currencies that will be used . Syria is not a option when it comes to failing so China will probably be in the thick of things as well .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
The US and Co. supplying arms, weapons, money and general war supplies to the rebels has extended the war by YEARS mate.

The facts show that the West's timidity in Syria has merely extended the duration and depth of the mayhem. The inaction has led to a loss of any control. I thinks that's right, as why should the West get involved in another internecine squabble between Muslims?

Assad's regime and his brutality has directly resulted in the uprising against him. Brutal people breed brutal people.

Russia is now placing themselves between attempts to support moderates against Assad and the rest of the Arab world (bar Iran) who want to keep Assad in power.

Sadly Russia will discover that Syria is a trap for the stupid. Luckily the West kept out. Russian unguided bombs, cluster munitions and cruise missiles falling short won't do much to improve the situation. What RT.com won't report is the Grozny carnage to come, courtesy of Russia.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Many people can have delusions based on thier high hopes based on nothing more than thier personal opinion. I have herd all kinds of stories from many mostly due to thier wanting it to be so. So in reality rather than saying lets wait and see what happens many try to project what they think will happen as actual reality.

Yes, some people will believe all manner of things with no basis in reality. Others base their "opinion" on the analysis of the strategic situation, taking into account the stated and probable goals of the actors, and determining which tactics appear to be the most effective. This requires information, critical thinking, and experience. When Chinese government officials say they are not going to get involved in Syria, it makes perfect sense for a wide variety of reasons.

So yes there are quite a few reports that China will aid Russia in its fight against terrorism, lets wait and see.

All of those reports come from bloggers with an agenda: just the sort of people you described in the first paragraph.

Some would try and play China, Russia, and Iran against each other when in fact thay are allies. Only out of delusion could anyone think they are against each other rather than against the US and NATO.

All we know for sure is that Russia and Iran have a mutual interest in propping up Assad's regime; that is why the are currently cooperating there. We do not know what their respective endgames will be. As for China, it is in its strategic interest not to ally itself with Russia militarily at the moment.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Russia's attacking everyone but ISIS quick!

Russia is only attacking within close proximity of Syrian government strongholds. Not touching ISIS, just the good terrorists.

ISIS is now within close proximity to Assad...wait what?

Why doesn't ISIS just sell more oil and buy a elctro-phaser modular Ray 4000 that they can strap to their Toyota's? Cover the truck with homosexuals as human shields, you know, two birds and all that.

Better yet, seeing how they have practical experience, just stop the warring all together and get into the snuf business. As evidenced by their beheading videos, they don't have to be real to be believable anyway. Like the storyline of this thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Russia is now placing themselves between attempts to support moderates against Assad and the rest of the Arab world (bar Iran) who want to keep Assad in power.

Iran is not part of the Arab world. They pride themselves on being "Aryan." This should give everyone a hint as to what is driving the conflict in the region.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You have not provided a single reason why China would want to waste blood and treasure in the Levant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join