It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Reflection

Why is it so hard for people to practice these things on private property?

you said it yourself in the post "give an inch"

once it is outlawed in certain places then it will just continue until there is nothing left.

that is how the war works

I'd like to direct you to another thread that has been posted on ATS and is running at the moment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

to me, in that thread the op seems to be saying that since we can't have our little nativity scenes in our schools and we can't have our ten commandments on our buildings, then the private property owners shouldn't have any rights when it comes to how they decorate their properties.
guess you fear isn't as unjustified as I first thought. But, well if it does ever happen that you can't have your own little nativity scene in your own yard, I think there's just about as much chance as it happening because of what the christians have done as there is that it was because of anything an athiest has done!

goverment entities were not given the right of religious expression or any religious freedom what so ever. it was given to the people and by doing so, it limited the gov't rights in those areas. are yous really willing to take away our individual freedoms just because the gov't won't seize those freedoms for itself on you behalf?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Last weekend my wife and I decided to have one last BBQ - it was a lovely, sunny, warm day here in London. We needed some lighter gel, so I went to the local store to get some. What did I find in the place where the gel normally was? You guessed, it Christmas chocolates, advent calendars and Christmas puddings. Give. Me. A. Break. War on Christmas? Surely it's the other bloody way around? We are getting Christmas rammed down our throats from September onwards!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Would you rather America be an Islamic Nation ?

It's not either or.

America is a seculsr nation.

Christians are not in power.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Would you rather America be an Islamic Nation ?

It's not either or.

America is a seculsr nation.

Christians are not in power.

I agree what America is a secular nation. But what do you mean that "Christians are not in power"? Maybe a specific denomination or Church isn't in direct control, but self proclaimed Christians hold most positions of power in the country.

Whether people accept it or not, the President & Vice President are Christians. Boehner's a Christian, as are nearly every Republican & Democratic officeholder in state & federal positions. In fact, 92% of Congress are self proclaimed Christians, according to this report. And nearly every US Governor is a self proclaimed Christian as well. Just by looking at demographics, I'd make an educated guess that the vast majority of State & local officeholders are also Christians (and the same for our judicial branches).

Just pointing that out.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

are yous really willing to take away our individual freedoms just because the gov't won't seize those freedoms for itself on you behalf?

not sure what you mean.

I am willing to let all the crybabies to go inside and lock their doors forever.

We need to get back to common sense and quit blowin in the wind as a nation.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It is kinda a sight to see someone create a reality that does not allow for the real world.

The argument is that we were not founded on Christian principles and the founding was done in a way to remove all forms of faith from gov.

They hear separation of church and state and believe they know what that means but are just picking an interpretation that matches their agenda of hate for faith.

All while claiming there hands are tied on the subject because of the constitution but at the same time will not want to recognize that the patriot act destroyed the constitution and now our only sense of freedom in this country belongs in the hands of the chosen 9.scotus.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When Christianity becomes a dead religion, I won't have a problem with the Jesus vs Skeletor movie. The problem is, we teach children that out of all those religions live or dead, Christianity is real. That's child abuse in my eyes and should not be a part of government.

We celebrate the actual holiday, Yule, which was appropriated by the Christians. To the victor go the spoils.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

That's child abuse in my eyes and should not be a part of government.

Keep thinking like that and real abuse will show you what it is.

You probably still would not get the point though.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Christmas is a Christian tradition not an American tradition. The only tradition that is American about this holiday is cashing in on sales.

So at what point would it be a tradition? let's say 80% of America practices this for the last 200 plus years, sounds like a tradition to me... As another example, would you not also say that it is an American tradition to dress up all spooky like and go house to house looking for candy?

There are two parts with Christmas, the winter festival part to it i.e. gifts, time off from school/work, vacation etc and the religious part which is celebrating Christ's birth, all of it is an American tradition as to how we do it.

Yes just shut up and accept it being forced on you.

What is "forced"? Are you told to go sit in a church on the 25th? There is not much outside of the nativity scene that has anything to do with the Christian religion. It sure isn't the house lights, Christmas trees, Santa Claus, gifts exchanges etc..so seeing a nativity scene is some kind of forced participation?

Only we matter people who don't think like we do have no right to say anything.

Why say anything at all? So what if it is Christmas? If a person wants nothing to do with it then don't practice it, but have respect and consideration of those who do. Enjoy the parts that you like, maybe. The time off from work, or the 2x pay, or that mid winter vacation to Mexico...Who knows, maybe enjoy a Christmas dinner with friends, and sit quietly for just 30 seconds if they do pray, then eat away. I love Ramadan, it's like Thanksgiving for a month and I have no problem with their religious part to it, I just do not care at all though I respect their ways.

edit on 10-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

That's child abuse in my eyes and should not be a part of government.

Keep thinking like that and real abuse will show you what it is.

You probably still would not get the point though.

You probably need to clarify that isn't a veiled threat.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes karma is a threat when one wields the false negative.

Most fall back on the boy who cried wolf.
edit on 10-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just more examples of society collasping into chaos.They tore down another ten commandments monument.Nothing but hate is all that is being accomplished by this madness.
Atheist are butt hurt about history they feel the need for everyone to demand their rights triumph ever christians.

Gonna be WW3 because the hatred just keeps spreading with millions dead.

The U.S. is suppose to decorate any kind of holiday they want because the people are free,get over your insane hate.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

No one is forcing anything on anyone.Bunch of lazy people who do not work for a living causing trouble and whining over everything in life.

You people should live in refugee camps and where people starve to death in the world or in wars to show you real life and maybe learn to appreciate life and love people regardless of religion or beliefs or lack of beliefs.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident
When Christianity becomes a dead religion, I won't have a problem with the Jesus vs Skeletor movie. The problem is, we teach children that out of all those religions live or dead, Christianity is real. That's child abuse in my eyes and should not be a part of government.

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Religion has been a part of us humans for 100,000 of years. Much of it is because we can think abstractly. We can think of anything that is not provable, touchable or even real. This is really what makes humans human, and is why we are so successful in creating.

Religion is a by product of all that, a belief in something out there greater than ourselves, expands past our short lives etc, You will never get rid of religion....

Do you have even a single belief that is not provable? If not, then you are an extreme minority.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is one of the things that makes me sick to my stomach. I am all for freedom of speech. Where is that freedom for Christians?

The school has a nativity scene in its Christmas show. It is a Christmas show. What are they supposed to have?

This is an American tradition, not a Christian tradition. Its isn't just the Christians who get the days off from work with pay. Anyone who says this is a Christian tradition and doesn't want to take part in it should be working those days. And if your office is closed you can work at a public center like a homeless shelter instead. No excuses now...

And the complaints that this is a public school. Yeah, I see that. And when there is a tragedy of some kind at one of these public schools I see hundreds of students and teachers and the general public all holding hands and praying on school property. I guess we should just lock them all up and throw away the key.

Everybody is offended by everything. I can do that too. I am offended by atheists. I demand that you "pretend" to pray. You don't have to mean it and it wont do you any harm. Pray when the rest of us pray. You are offending me by not praying. You don't have to say anything out loud or even to yourself. Just pretend.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I agree what America is a secular nation. But what do you mean that "Christians are not in power"? Maybe a specific denomination or Church isn't in direct control, but self proclaimed Christians hold most positions of power in the country.

Whether people accept it or not, the President & Vice President are Christians. Boehner's a Christian, as are nearly every Republican & Democratic officeholder in state & federal positions. In fact, 92% of Congress are self proclaimed Christians, according to this report. And nearly every US Governor is a self proclaimed Christian as well. Just by looking at demographics, I'd make an educated guess that the vast majority of State & local officeholders are also Christians (and the same for our judicial branches).

Just pointing that out.

70% to 80% of America is Christian, so it kind of makes sense. Everyone is something wouldn't you say? You act like this is a bad thing and it is nether good or bad. It only becomes bad when extremism is a part of it too, and that is with anything, including atheist.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: gentledissident

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Religion has been a part of us humans for 100,000 of years. Much of it is because we can think abstractly. We can think of anything that is not provable, touchable or even real. This is really what makes humans human, and is why we are so successful in creating.

Religion is a by product of all that, a belief in something out there greater than ourselves, expands past our short lives etc, You will never get rid of religion....

Do you have even a single belief that is not provable? If not, then you are an extreme minority.

Homicide, slavery, and rape are traits of our species as well. I'd like those to go away too.

You'd be hard pressed, as I am, to find someone as creative as this atheist.

You speak of religion as a relief from the knowledge of death. A truer radical solution would be a frontal lobotomy, as our frontal lobe makes us aware of our mortality.

My beliefs that are unprovable are called "theories", and I don't live by them. I do turn to science to discover the unknown. I don't make up primitive stories. However, I am at a loss to explain things observed in quantum physics.

edit on 10-10-2015 by gentledissident because: chronology

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Everybody is offended by everything. I can do that too. I am offended by atheists. I demand that you "pretend" to pray. You don't have to mean it and it wont do you any harm. Pray when the rest of us pray. You are offending me by not praying. You don't have to say anything out loud or even to yourself. Just pretend.

Are you not aware that there are people who are offended by others who don't pray with them?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All over a nativity scene ?

Off / on topic... am I the only person who travels the opposite direction from box stores and malls from Now until March? Thanks Amazon.

nope not alone, go Amazon and internet! I haven't been to a black Friday event in the past 15 years I refuse to get into the panic of shopping. I'd much prefer to go into the mountains for an old fashion Christmas...ah peace and quiet.
For me it's more for gathering familiy together and the food!!
on a off topic note has anyone heard that there is a turkey and pumpkin shortage? the great pumkin shortage
turkey shortage
edit on 10-10-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Just pointing that out.

70% to 80% of America is Christian, so it kind of makes sense. Everyone is something wouldn't you say? You act like this is a bad thing and it is nether good or bad. It only becomes bad when extremism is a part of it too, and that is with anything, including atheist.

Hey, nowhere in my post did I say it was a bad thing. As I've told people here plenty of times, Muslims & Christians have no beef/drama/negative feelings in African American communities. We have a mutual respect, so there's no stigma about either religion between us. I personally don't care if a person worships an earthworm as long as they treat others kindly.

All I was pointing out is that the vast majority of people in power in America are actually Christians. So the argument that "Christians don't hold power in America" isn't true.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
December 25th was a pagan holiday before Christians decided to claim it less than 2,000 years ago. So a pagan school play should be ok too right?

No? Oh that's right there's a double standard.

A nativity scene at a public school isn't forcing anyone to participate, but it is showing favor of one religion over another by the state. Just like the ten commandment statues at courthouses, just like Christian prayers over the school intercom, just like creationism curriculum.

I'm certain this is not what our founding fathers had in mind. And if you don't believe me, read some of Thomas Jefferson's writings. It's crystal clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join