It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

My God, if that offends someone, there is something wrong with people.

It violates Separation of Church and State.

Basically, its against the law.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: grandmakdw

Sorry. Missing your point.

Read my posts starting on page one and you will get my point quite clearly.
I stated it over and over.

Christmas has become
Corporate greed day - as consumer corporations make most of their money at Christmas
Obesity encouragement day - actually month, with the massive gluttony and drinking
Poverty encouragement day - it encourages people to spend more than they can afford with social pressure

Christmas is no where near the actual date of Christ's birth
The Nativity scene never happened the way it is currently popularized
It has become a greedy, over indulgent celebration of corporate profits.
As a Christian, I think it needs to be abolished, and I'm not the only Christian who sees it that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am willing to bet that most of the people here, grew up involved in some form of Christmastime celebrations and Christmas decorations. I am also willing to bet that it harmed none of you, nor made any of you run to the nearest church and beg to be converted.

I also despise what Christmas has become and I would very much like to see Christmas de-materialized, but I am not on the bandwagon for abolishing Christmas.

There are a lot of things I dislike that other people find quite enjoyable. It is not offensive to me when others believe, worship, or idolize, something that I cannot embrace. I have no desire to rule them, control them, or force them, to do what I think is right, and only what I want to see or hear.

I dislike a lot of things about how religion is used and what is done in the name of religion, but I hate much more what this country and what the people of this country have become. We are not loving, tolerant, generous, neighborly or even caring. We are are withering fruit hanging from a dying tree that has been poisoned at the roots. Picking the fruit and cutting of the branches will not save the tree.

I am a Christian and am fed up with the perversion
that Christmas has become.

Please read my posts beginning on page one.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Sorry dude but you don't have to be Christian to enjoy Christmas.
You are free to ignore it but I will have a good time give some pressies out and get very very drunk while eating too much and spending what I don't have.
I will have a whale of a time.
Ban it? you can't and never will.
edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'd just be happy if they abolished black friday. Stores shouldn't be allowed to have these blowout sales with such a limited number in inventory that only a select few willing to practically battle to the death for them actually get them. And, the people shouldn't be willing to trample those around, throw punches, pull hair and all the other crap that they do for junk that they probably really don't need anyways. I see the point that religion shouldn't be allowed into the school ceremonies, I really do, but if we should be having a war of anykind, it should be against the black friday, which I guess now starts right after the thanksgiving dinner, if there even is one anymore.

I haven't done any christmas shopping in decades, outside of grocery shopping and I've enjoyed christmas, without the tree, without the presents, and without all the shopping, because what is most important to me is being with the ones I care about and spending time with them. A nice christmas dinner with my family. What more could one ask for?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I am a Christian and am fed up with the perversion
that Christmas has become.

Its kinda like marriage - - only those in it define it.

No one is stopping you from keeping Christmas as sacred as you choose for yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Sorry dude but you don't have to be Christian to enjoy Christmas.
You are free to ignore it but I will have a good time give some pressies out and get very very drunk while eating too much and spending what I don't have.
I will have a whale of a time.

Since you hate religion, I think to be hypocrite free

You should not use the word Christmas, it means Christ's Mass
You should not use the word Holiday, it means Holy Day
Santa is out too, it is short for Saint Nicholas
All these are symbols of what you deem an intolerant,
persecuting and repressive religion that keeps people
in shackles.

Call it
Corporate Greed, Obesity enhancing, Poverty encouraging
day and have a great time!

Also, you haven't read since page one or you would know
that I am actually for abolishing Christmas,
precisely because I am a Christian.

edit on 8Fri, 09 Oct 2015 20:25:43 -0500pm100910pmk095 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

(Excuse me for interjecting into the conversation, but I'm going to do it anyway.)

I have read since page one.
I saw what you posted.

What bothers me is that you continue to accuse people of "hatred". Your posts are absurdly duplicitous.
You're not behaving like an "absurdist" who is "having fun" with cognitive exercises.

You're behaving like a nutjob who can't make up her mind.
But - I know you never think about any of us (and especially not me) when you're not on ATS. It's all just a fun mental game for you; you slander EVERYONE when you're in the mood, and then turn around and tell them, "Well, I don't mean you!" when you know damn good and well you DO MEAN THEM! That you HAVE attacked them, and called them haters and Nazis and antagonists who encourage killers and whatnot and so forth and scooby-dooby-do.

You just can't see how lame and inconsistent you are.

But, no worries!! Except only this: are you duly entertained??
Are you having a good time?

edit on 10/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So what If I call it Christmas it always has been doesn't mean I have to be a Christian to enjoy it nor does it mean I have to celebrate Jesus to enjoy it.
To me it is when I get some decent time with family and pals thats it.
Santa? It's father Christmas around here.

Oh and I have read page 1 but do keep reminding us you don't like it (for the 12th time...).
Like it or not Christmas despite the name has many meanings for different folk.

edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

(Excuse me for interjecting into the conversation, but I'm going to do it anyway.)

I have read since page one.
I saw what you posted.

What bothers me is that you continue to accuse people of "hatred".

Well, if the shoe fits.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Words evolve. Like Marriage.

Christmas has become more then its root meaning - - like so many words.

Do you know what Chandelier means?

www.designboom.com...

edit on 9-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is there anything relevant left to discuss in this?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So what If I call it Christmas it always has been doesn't mean I have to be a Christian to enjoy it nor does it mean I have to celebrate Jesus to enjoy it.
To me it is when I get some decent time with family and pals thats it.
Santa? It's father Christmas around here.

Oh and I have read page 1 but do keep reminding us you don't like it (for the 12th time...).
Like it or not Christmas despite the name has many meanings for different folk.

Ok, then keep the shackles on
while you celebrate a holiday
that bears the name of a religion
you want to see eliminated from the
entire world, and is identified
with what you claim is intolerance,
bigotry, hatred, and killing people
hundreds of years ago.
And pretend you aren't being a hypocrite
if it makes you feel better.

At least I'm honest, Christmas
has become so deeply embedded
with greed, obesity, alcoholism,
and bankruptcy that I think
Christ is appalled and would
welcome it being abolished.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Nope, you are right.

Good night.

link   

i have read your posts and like I said before, I agree with a lot that you have said.

I do not agree that Christmas should be abolished because I don't like what people have allowed it to become.

I have a right to voice my opinion, I don't have a right to take it away from anyone else. I can attempt to read the actions of others, I do not have the ability to read their hearts. It is not for me to judge, that is God's responsibility. I cannot demand someone to believe what I believe.

There are activities and beliefs that I like, that others may not. I would take extreme offense if they tried to stop me from doing what I wanted because they didn't like it.

God gave us all free choice. He did not give us the power to judge others or to command others, even in his name. He doesn't even force us,to love, obey, worship or even believe in him. How can I command what God will not?

I can just refuse to participate. That is my choice. They have a right to their choice, even if I don't like it

edit on 9-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up.

edit on 9-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

link   

Santa might be Saint Nicholas, but much of the myth around it involves a mushroom peddling shaman with reindeer that are flying high on the mushrooms. the origin of the celebration that we call christmas predates the christian religion and probably many of the other religions, it was the winter solstice, heck even the people who built stonehedge held the solstices in high regard obviously since they went through the trouble of building the thing so they'd know when it came. and the traditions that we have involving christmas, many also predate the christian religion, and come from many areas of the world. heck I would say that the only thing that the christians added to it was the nativity scene and the idea that Christ was born on that day, and well, they probably chose to move the date some so it wasn't so obvious that it was just another solstice celebration!
So, I tend not to think of the day as the property of the christian religion to begin with. it's not.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If I went to church or even thought about religion on xmas day I would be a hypocrite but it is just what that day has been called historically for ages.
Honest? after we caught you lying?.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Christ is appalled and would
welcome it being abolished.

I believe you may be a little minimalist here. I'd wager He would be appalled by damn near EVERYTHING done in his name today.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

LOL!!!! Whatever, grams. What Ev Er.
You are a real hoot.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes they forgot mistletoe.

Ya know that thing where guys get to kiss girls standing underneath it.

That must be offensive too.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join