It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Sorry. Missing your point.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Their point is they're waging a war on Christmas. But not calling it a war on Christmas. Because if it isn't defined as a war on Christmas, it can't really be a war on Christmas.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
how about a "war" on....
1...low wages
2...billionaires getting tax breaks
3...8% interest fees on school loans, because...overnite loans to banks 0%, 10 year T-bill interest 2.10%
4...white conservatives of today still stuck in the 50's
5...black liberals of today still stuck in the 60's
6...maximum 50 hour work week for employees, or the owner goes to jail
7...millionaire media-people, talking about what's wrong with the poor
8...republican legislatures passing laws that don't help the middle class
9...staying the "F" out of other countries civil wars
10...immigrants, who must pass a simple English language test before employment or benefits
11...people who say Reagan cut taxes
12...people that say the media is liberal, after listening 15 hours a week to rush Limbaugh on thousands
of radio stations, and the rest of time watching FOX
edit on 9-10-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"The Fox News 'War On Christmas' "

This might as well be the fox news channel mas theme song.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I am willing to bet that most of the people here, grew up involved in some form of Christmastime celebrations and Christmas decorations. I am also willing to bet that it harmed none of you, nor made any of you run to the nearest church and beg to be converted.

I also despise what Christmas has become and I would very much like to see Christmas de-materialized, but I am not on the bandwagon for abolishing Christmas.

There are a lot of things I dislike that other people find quite enjoyable. It is not offensive to me when others believe, worship, or idolize, something that I cannot embrace. I have no desire to rule them, control them, or force them, to do what I think is right, and only what I want to see or hear.

I dislike a lot of things about how religion is used and what is done in the name of religion, but I hate much more what this country and what the people of this country have become. We are not loving, tolerant, generous, neighborly or even caring. We are are withering fruit hanging from a dying tree that has been poisoned at the roots. Picking the fruit and cutting of the branches will not save the tree.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: AbbaCabba

I was trying to say the same thing, I just think that Christmas is for kids to have fun. The rest is dogma and politics, and sad.

My mistake, sorry. I guess I misunderstood. It is not just for children to have fun. As an adult and parent I also enjoy the time I get to spend with immediate and extended family. Christmas or any other holiday will be whatever you make of it. If you want to be miserable and focus on how disgusting corporate greed is, then so be it. If you want to enjoy it by spending some quality time with great people that is awesome, and also an individual division. I feel ruining something for people because you want to or because you can makes you no better than the greedy people you despise. (I say you figuratively, not literally.) I get raging against the machine, hell I do it too, I would just never ruin a school, family or neighborhood tradition or function because I can. I would much rather see people together enjoying themselves. People need to stop being sheep and keep from letting themselves be socially engineered into these overly politically correct softies. Get a hobby and do something that is actually constructive.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why such a fuss about Saturnalia, erm... I mean Christmas?

Just enjoy the return of the sun to our hemisphere by having a good party for the event. Put God and baby Jesus into it or whatever you like, just don't harsh things.

edit on 9/10/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Who cares Christmas is for family don't care what other folk do.
Pity I have to work a 24 hour shift but we will move our day a few days later.
Can't wait to be honest everyone gets involved at work and yes even the muslims lol.
But I will not cook for 30 people again....not after last year.
edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ya, but unless I am wrong, I do believe that the employer can fire him if he happens to fail the drug test because he was practicing his religion.

so what do ya think, you think in my little imaginary park where all are given the option to celebrate their winter solstice according to their customs, that the native american would be able to invite adult on lookers to participate in the peyote ritual? (that's assuming, probably incorrectly, that the peyote ritual is part of their winter soltice ritual or that they'd want to invite any onlookers to join...they probably wouldn't.)

as far as the mushroom peddling shaman, well, I was joking around with it to begin with....and well, couldn't help myself...
as far as comparing it to what has happened with abortion, and birth control, I am sorry, but I was dead serious with that one. if one group can use religious freedom to endanger someone's life, or health, than so shouldn't any other group have the same option. you seem to think a play with a nativity scene is all okay, well how about a play with the mushroom peddling shamen passing out fake magical mushrooms....would that one be okay?? I mean, it's seems to be the core of another basic christmas tradition.

no one in their right mind would want to grant people the full, unencumbered right to practice their own personal religous beliefs.... not even the christians. they want to be "special"...set above the rest.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya, but unless I am wrong, I do believe that the employer can fire him if he happens to fail the drug test because he was practicing his religion.

Yes. You are right, you are wrong. As per the SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

an interesting read.....alot said about the separation of church and state....
don't know if they've changed laws to negate what is said here though, I kind of think they may have.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In all my years growing up, there were never all these issues over Christmas and being politically correct and everything offending everyone else. 19 pages of bickering over what? We always had Christmas trees, nativity sets and also menorahs in malls and places of business. Christmas was mostly a joyous time, one of love and celebration and magic. To try and take that away from so many people does not come from a place of peace and good will towards man.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Exactly. People will do what they want regardless of politicians, talking heads on the news or fussbudgets meddling in everyone's affairs.

They are few and we are many.

Happy Hallowe'en.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Happy Hallowe'en.

Which is based on Christ's teachings as much as Christmas is. Pagan.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From one of your quotes.

The report was about Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, which is being sued by the Freedom From Religion Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union over a live Nativity scene featured in its annual Christmas show.

My God, if that offends someone, there is something wrong with people. What the hell harm would having a Nativity scene cause? If it was a scene from a pagan religion or atheist or anyone else that caused no harm, wasn't evil or anything, so what?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And the new 29 hours or less working class because of Fed incurred penalty otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Agnostic says, "Damn right."

The good thing about being agnostic is one can enjoy the unity the day brings to many of us-until uncle Seamus makes a fool of himself once again and we have to stop serving the potato salad.

You mean the unity that comes from feeding the corporate greed?

You mean the unity that comes from increasing the incidence of obesity?

You mean the unity that comes from using extraordinary amount of electricity and increasing the carbon footprint?

You mean the unity that comes from poverty enhancement because of social pressure to spend.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yep, ignorance.

I really have no agenda other than I wish the Right-Wing pansies would man-up, grow a pair and quit crying about always being the victim. No one is after you religion, we just want constitutional principles to be upheld. But, of course, that principles are up for interpretation based on how you feel about a particular issues.

This is just more of the same ole "boo hoo, my religion is being persecuted because I cannot shove it down people's throats anymore".

What about this right wing pansy Christian who
feels quite strongly that Christmas should
be abolished due to the reasons I have stated
repeatedly throughout the thread?

Am I crying persecution here?

Eliminate Christmas and make the growing
number of like minded Christians like
myself quite happy.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
All those who want to take Christmas away from the kids, shame on you, just shame on you!

You mean stop teaching them the value of greed
and how to feed major corporate profits?

You mean stop teaching them how to overeat
for a full month with no excuses needed
for excess?

You man stop teaching them that it is more
important to go broke and keep up with
pretenses when you can't afford it?

Because that is what we are teaching
the kids with the modern American
Christmas.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: buster2010

" Yes just shut up and accept it being forced on you. "

Really buster , you want some Cheese with that Whine ? People who Constantly Cry about being Offended about something so utterly Trivial to Most other people need to get a Freakin' Life . This is America , where Freedom of Expression is Excepted by Everyone .

Oh grow up. The people who are whining a the idiots crying their yearly war on Christmas lie because they can't have their way.

Well, this is one Christian
who wants to see the American
perversion of Christmas abolished.

I'm not whining, and nor are the
many other Christians who are fed
up with what Christmas has become
in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join