It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: intrepid

Excuse me? What exactly are you saying with that comment?

If your life sucks, one given day won't help you.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: neo96

How dare you pass out coal.

You should pass out a green-energy friendly alternative... and not in the Christmas spirit either. You must sell it.

Yeah, and don't chop down a tree either...buy a plastic one from China.

(post by Jonjonj removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Annee

Jesus is a specific religion. That creates a problem.

My granddaughters elementary school puts on a secular Holiday play. So I know it can be done.

It's not really a problem when it is voluntary.

Voluntary? By who?

If I'm Jewish, atheist, Muslim I am not going to welcome Christianity displayed in public school.

That's pretty narrow minded imo. I'm agnostic and Christian stuff doesn't bother me. Nor Jewish. Not familiar enough with Islam to not be offended by theirs. THAT is the problem today. People just have to be offended by something. Grow up.

Separation of Church & State is narrow minded?

I'd happily go and take my child to a multi-cultural/religious event. Actually I plan on doing a lot of that since Los Angeles is very multi-cultural.

Jesus in his elementary school? NO

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You must live near me.

The code enforcement here has become the Gestapo. If you can't have an American flag in your yard, on your porch, or in your flower pot, Christmas decorations will rack them up a gold mine.

I see the fire twinkling in their eyes.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No more Easter bunnies or candy in schools either, right? Maybe even cancel Christmas breaks too. Separation and all.

Edit: Halloween is also religious for some as well. We can't have Halloween decorations or dressing up in schools either... Go Separation!

edit on 10/9/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2015 by neo96 because: The Grinch stole this post.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Even worse, many of the ones on the right crying "War on Christmas" are the same ones who have a huge dislike for other Christians. Most Hispanic people and African Americans are Christians, about 10% of all Palestinians are Christians, and roughly half of all Russians are Christians. But these same people don't seem to care about the Christmas situations for these fellow Christians.

Quite right. Often you hear them talk about turning places 'into glass' without one concern for the many faiths represented in those countries.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Jesus is a specific religion. That creates a problem.

My granddaughters elementary school puts on a secular Holiday play. So I know it can be done.

It's not really a problem when it is voluntary.

Voluntary? By who?

If I'm Jewish, atheist, Muslim I am not going to welcome Christianity displayed in public school.

That's pretty narrow minded imo. I'm agnostic and Christian stuff doesn't bother me. Nor Jewish. Not familiar enough with Islam to not be offended by theirs. THAT is the problem today. People just have to be offended by something. Grow up.

Separation of Church & State is narrow minded?

I'd happily go and take my child to a multi-cultural/religious event. Actually I plan on doing a lot of that since Los Angeles is very multi-cultural.

Jesus in his elementary school? NO

That's not what you said:

Not only speaking for others but yes, it's narrow minded. Or are you saying that no matter what religion you would be, you would be offended by something?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Such a simple and easy to understand thing this First Amendment is. There can be no State sponsored religion and the government is not to interfere with the practices of religion. The practice of religion is a Right we are born with and anyone attempting to interfere is trying to take away a Right.

Both sides have abused this horribly it seems to me. Religious extremists try to shove their beliefs down others throats and the anti-religion crowd pretends it's about the First Amendment, when it's actually about trying to eliminate religion. Most Atheists and most Christians have zero issues coexisting and yet the fringe continue to think forcing their views on others is somehow protecting someones Rights. Yeah sure

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is not exactly about learning to get along, as rational, non-fanatical people would; knowing that both sides can get along without the need for law suits, foot stomping and temper tantrums.

"Won’t you join FFRF in our critical work to promote nontheism" appears front and center on their website home page.

'Nontheism' is a term that describes anyone who is not a theist. In other words, a nontheist is anyone who does not have a specific belief in a god or deity. It usually refers to anyone who does not have any religious belief. This is a lot like atheism, but the two terms are often used in different ways.

Link to the Wiki page for the above quote.

Were I an Atheist, I'd be embarrassed to be associated with a group who's goal is to silence theist's.

edit on 10/9/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Jonjonj

I have nothing to say to you really. If you want Christmas to be removed from your holidays, go for it.

As to the remark made by the supermoderator, nothing further from the truth. I want my son to celebrate Christmas because it means that the whole family get together, he can forget about the pressures of school, he has time to play out with friends and that is all.
I think most people are forgetting that Christmas, whilst it was once a religious holiday, has become, and rightly so, a social situation. We have a break, a well earned break, to be with our families, and the erosion of that is only of benefit to big businesses and religious idiots.
I will obviously not respond to you again in regards to this subject.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't particularly want it removed, but i am tired of seeing it used as wedge issue to divide, and conquer us.

It goes against the very idea behind it.

Peace of Earth.

Good Will towards their fellow man.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I don't particularly want it removed, but i am tired of seeing it used as wedge issue to divide, and conquer us.

It goes against the very idea behind it.

Peace of Earth.

Good Will towards their fellow man.

You should think about why you posted your picture then. Sorry mods, please remove this as it is clearly off topic.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Religious extremists try to shove their beliefs down others throats

Sounds like fun. what are you referring too?

I only ask because many believe saying a prayer in school is a type of force harming others

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The way you destroy something forever, is to slowly suck the life supporting elements out of it.

If you do it just right, the organism will never know it's life energy is being stolen, right up to the very end.

It must be such a joyful time for them, to watch us speeding up the process they have so delicately planned for so long. I wonder if they will hold a grand celebration to watch the highlights of our grand finale.

I wonder if any of us will even notice.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It would be great if people just did what they wanted to do, and ignored the stuff in life they didn't like. That would certainly be ideal, but for some reason people have to take things personally and get worked up.

I agree, but when people try to force others to accept what they want to do, in the public square, and make it a political issue, it's hard to keep to ourselves.

And why would anyone want to force someone to believe something? If what you are into is so amazing and great, it should just sell itself.

"Danny converted and re-grew his legs! I'm totally switching to that faith!"

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

As extreme as what you have written may seem to some, in this case I actually believe it is true. If it is so easy to remove such a fundamental thing as Christmas...Christmas, with all the fun things that are involved in that, then we deserve it. There really is nothing worth savng right? It is the idea of Christmas and...nah, I am not going to even say anything anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Instead of fighting over weather or not nativity scenes should be in our public schools, why not just open a park up and let as many groups, religious or non-religious, have a section of it to decorate it portraying how that groups celebrates the winter solstice? this would be interesting and educational. but instead, it seems we are bent on removing cultures and settling for the mudane blah in life.

now I am wondering if I could claim religious freedom if I bring a bunch of mushrooms to this imaginary park to hand out???

edit on 9-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Do you think mandatory participation or attendance involving a prayer in a public school as part of school is right?

I'm a Christian and I think it is wrong. On the other hand though if a group of students of like mind want to have a Christian activity inside a public school, separate from school, that should be perfectly OK.

This is kind of a diversion from my point though. There are those individuals and groups from both sides who want to shove their own beliefs down others throats. To ignore the reality that some want religion gone and others want to force religion on others to save them is a dishonest conversation. Both views are extreme and hateful.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
now I am wondering if I could claim religious freedom if I bring a bunch of mushrooms to this imaginary park to hand out???

If you are referring to an illegal substance then no. That's illegal. Not a valid comparison.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join