It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP proves that humanity is a failed species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So that U.S. President Barack Obama can end a roadblock and win the agreement of other nations for his proposed Trans Pacific Partnership, he has decided to remove one of the nations, Malaysia, from the U.S. State Department’s official list of countries that allow slavery. Malaysia, which recently found over a hundred graves of discarded slaves, has been on the U.S. State Department’s “Tier 3” list of slave nations, along with North Korea, Zimbabwe, Syria, and Iran, but, unlike those other countries, Obama wants Malaysia to be included in his Trans Pacific Partnership; so, he has decided to remove Malaysia from that official list.
President Obama Accepts Slavery in Order to Win TPP Trade Deal

What else does one need to know?

The United States will be supporting outright, unabashed slavery once again once the TPP goes into effect. Not just the US of course:

Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam

Yes, every single one of them will be supporting Malaysian slavery. Humanity is a failed species.

If we were a television show, it would be time for cancellation. That may be what the Fukushima Daiichi disaster actually is at the end of the day...the cancellation of this failed experiment called the human race. I can't see any reason (in the big picture) why that's a negative thing anymore.

Martin Luther King should be rolling over in his grave. As we all should because we're clearly collectively as good as being in graves.

It's over for humanity, deal with it.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If America says anything then it's called imperialism. So you can rape boys in Afghanistan, have slaves in Malaysia. It's okay now.
edit on 9-10-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

As far as I know about this TPP agreement (if ive understood it right?) it makes corporations borderless meaning one countries standards can now be applied and enforced into another where that company has a business.

And being that it will be unlawful to speak out about corporations wrongdoing...TPP and the internet censorship "if" that is true slave labour would flourish, we wouldn`t even be allowed to digitally talk about.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thats no good

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Make sure we catch the names of Our Government Officials who Voted for the TPP so at a later date they can tried for Crimes against Humanity.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The slave trade is a huge industry. A lot of people I've spoken to haven't even been aware of the large part slavery plays in the fishing industry, particularly in Thailand. People basically get lied to and roped into serving aboard these fishing boats, and beatings and even outright beheading is not uncommon.

For the US to essentially just (ostensibly) turn a blind eye to this massive industry, well, there's gotta be something in it for them. I can't claim to know too much about the US, not being a resident myself, but this reminds me of something - in Russia, the people who help orchestrate heroin pipelines have said a certain thing - that they are fully convinced the the Russian government allows at least some of this heroin into the country, most likely for some financial incentive. Governments tend not to do things for no reason. There's gotta be some nice economic incentive. Usually it all boils down to money.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I thought we were supposed to be on the path to enlightenment, love, rainbows and unicorns?

Sarc/off

I agree OP, we are so #.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I find it somewhat strange that the notion of a small minority of humans making stupid choices, can be interpreted as a reason to believe that the entire human race is a failure.

Diplomacy has failed to address the problem, but those involved with that process are no more connected to the great majority of human beings, either in terms of intent, or experience, than is your average car battery. So much so, that their behaviour cannot be said to have any relevance what so ever, in determining the worth of the whole mass of humanity.

Just as the actions of a minority of fundamentalists cannot, must not tar an entire religion, just as the actions of a few corporate murderers and schemers cannot indicate the quality of the United States, and just as the smirking hatred casually hidden behind the plastic face of David Cameron cannot be used as a measure by which to judge every Briton, the actions of the worlds leadership class cannot be said to be an indicator of the worth of the human species.

We succeed and fail on the day to day, street level of things, and that success or failure cannot be measured in the present, but can only really be weighed in the future, when all that is hidden in the present, is common knowledge, when all that is unclear today, is writ large in the minds of the population as a whole. We cannot assess the days work whilst we are still about it. But in time, there must be a reckoning. Be patient, for the future rushes ever closer, and the reckoning is likely to come up faster than any of us are prepared for.
edit on 9-10-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammar and spelling issues

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Parts of that article that scare me:

However, Senator Menendez, himself, has, behind the scenes, pushed for Obama’s TPP and other mammoth ‘trade’ deals, including TTIP and TISA, even despite these deals allowing participating countries to look the other way and not prosecute when international corporations hire killers to assassinate labor union organizers in a given U.S. trade ‘partner’ country.

When corporations can become more internationally competitive by employing such tactics and paying public officials to look the other way, it’s just a matter of economic competition and of minimizing government regulation of the economy. These are unofficial ways of boosting competitiveness, which — the U.S. President and his “Fast Track” supporters in Congress are now on record as accepting — do not disqualify a given country from being included as one of the treaty “Partners.”

When the United States provides favored-nation treatment to nations where slaves are used, or where labor-union organizers are murdered, the United States is allowing U.S. international corporations to lower their production-costs by “shipping those jobs overseas” to countries where labor is cheaper (or even free, if the cost of bribes is not included). The beneficiaries of those lower (if any) wages are the owners of these international corporations. U.S. consumers might also benefit, if the lower production-costs get passed along to them; but, sometimes, that doesn’t happen, and all of the benefits from other nations’ union-busting and/or outright slave labor go only to the stockholders of the international corporations.

An independent economic analysis was done of TPP, and it showed that international corporations will benefit enormously, but that the publics everywhere will become far worse off, if it goes into effect. An independent economic analaysis was also done of TTIP, and it produced the very same findings. However, corporate-backed economic analyses have produced contrary findings, and those are the studies that are officially cited.

Just wow, I'm at loss for words.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

As far as I know about this TPP agreement (if ive understood it right?) it makes corporations borderless meaning one countries standards can now be applied and enforced into another where that company has a business.

And being that it will be unlawful to speak out about corporations wrongdoing...TPP and the internet censorship "if" that is true slave labour would flourish, we wouldn`t even be allowed to digitally talk about.

In other words were slaves too

I agree

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's funny to me how a world seemingly coming together clearly is unraveling in actual fact.

new topics

top topics

join