It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Ariz.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I guess you forgot to include mexico and honduras?

Either way...we havent even put a dent in our ancestors history of killing without guns.

I am sorry for this comment, but this has to be the worst argued OP thread on ATS I have ever seen. It is the least researched and worst countered thread I have been involved in. You truly should read up a LOT more before posting here again.

There are many here I consider well versed in both sides of the argument you are trying to have, but you have a lot to learn.

I am not trying to put you down, but the ignorance in your statements is obvious and complete.

I truly do not feel there is anything more I can contribute and I am at a loss as to the amount of non-understanding.

The fact that regulars like Krazysh0t and charliespiers and others are not in this speaks volumes.

Anywho...enjoy!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

It is a bit morbid that you are using topic about shootings and people killed as base for some jokes?!

Welcome to ignore list...

Some not so glory numbers...

www.gunviolencearchive.org...
edit on 9-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Avoiding talk that your earlier claim is invalid, and glad that you figured out that we did not improve much over past few hundred years, according to you....

Just as I promised, welcome to ignore list... and yes, if you compare us with not so good part of our history, we are doing about the same, like 200 years ago... good notice and at least you are aware to what you are comparing us...

bye....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What is the believable limit for nutty white shooters on school grounds?

I think the limit was reached a long time ago. But with all you people
still buying the same old bandini why wouldn't they persist? OP you
want to take firearms out the hands of people who are responsible
enough to have them? Come and get them yourself!

edit on Ram101015v42201500000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Yet another university shooting, not sure if it should be even in news section... we are just so used to this ... and rhetoric is - blame people, not guns, yet guns are what kills people...

Don't you get tired of this BS?!

Ya I get tired of this crap...where are you posts for the 60 killed in Chicago last month? I guess they were not on or near a campus so they don't count.

60 Dead in Sept

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Taking away the guns or introducing more anti-gun legislation are not the complete solutions. Think of it like mowing the lawn. The grass will eventually grow again. You need to go after the roots.

The American society is sick and needs healing and rejuvenation.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: itanosam
Taking away the guns or introducing more anti-gun legislation are not the complete solutions. Think of it like mowing the lawn. The grass will eventually grow again. You need to go after the roots.

The American society is sick and needs healing and rejuvenation.

The murder rate is down 51% since the 1990s. We're doing fine.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Politics in this country have already gone in the toilet.
Disarm americans and they're goners for sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
a reply to: Moresby

It is a bit morbid that you are using topic about shootings and people killed as base for some jokes?!

Welcome to ignore list...

Some not so glory numbers...

www.gunviolencearchive.org...

I have a hard time following you. I don't usually criticize people's grammar and syntax. But your weakness in these areas make it next to impossible to understand you.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is what happens when "victims" walk nonchalantly, through life, unarmed. Expecting others to risk thier life to save thier idiot a**. They should have armed themselves. This ain't, in no way, .... "news". Thier parents failed them.
edit on 10-10-2015 by murphy22 because: To add more hurtful stuff.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConF7
*POST REMOVED MY STAFF*

I believe you made a wrong turn somewhere....
edit on 10/16/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

but isnt Chicago a( cough cough )"gun free zone"??

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I believe you made a wrong turn somewhere....

I agree.. seems like ERROR somewhere on poster side...

Let's put this discussion back on track with article from WP:

People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year

This week a 2-year-old in South Carolina found a gun in the back seat of the car he was riding in and accidentally shot his grandmother, who was sitting in the passenger seat. This type of thing happens from time to time: A little kid finds a gun, fires it, and hurts or kills himself or someone else. These cases rarely bubble up to the national level except when someone, like a parent, ends up dead.

But cases like this happen a lot more frequently than you might think. After spending a few hours sifting through news reports, I've found at least 43 instances this year of somebody being shot by a toddler 3 or younger. In 31 of those 43 cases, a toddler found a gun and shot himself or herself.

@ deadcatsrule - Just naive or purposefully ignorant??

A new study conducted by the University of Chicago Crime Lab, inmates in the Cook County jail said they get they guns on the streets from “personal connections” rather that outlets like guns shows and the internet.

The study focused on “inmates who were facing gun charges or whose criminal background involved gun crimes.”

According to the Chicago-Tribune, Crime lab co-director Harold Pollack said the study shows that “some of the pathways [regarding guns] people are concerned about don’t seem so dominant.” He said very few inmates indicated using gun shows or the internet. Rather, they get the guns in undetectable ways on the street. He said the inmates know they run the risk of being caught by police but “were less concerned about getting caught by the cops than being put in the position of not having a gun to defend themselves and then getting shot.”

The vast majority of the inmates used handguns to commit their crimes or protect themselves, very few cited using “military-style assault weapons.” And they said their habit was to get rid of a gun after one year because of the “legal liability” of being caught with a gun that could be linked to crimes they or others committed.”

As for specifics regarding sources for purchasing guns, some of the inmates indicated that gangs have individuals with a Firearm Owners Identification Card who buy guns then sell them to gang members. Others indicated using “corrupt cops” who seize guns then “put them back on the street.”

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcatsrule
a reply to: Xtrozero

but isnt Chicago a( cough cough )"gun free zone"??

Only if you follow laws...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join