It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Shooting Reported on Northern Arizona University's Flagstaff Campus (1 Dead, 3 Injured)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it seems like a case of "here we go again"....

The second link below says that the first call for shots fired came in around 1:20 AM.

A deadly shooting occurred on Northern Arizona University’s Flagstaff campus early this morning, and the suspected shooter is in custody, according to a university spokesperson.

One person died and three others were wounded in the shooting, the spokesperson said.

It's unclear what sparked the shooting, which took place near Mountain View Hall, a dormitory that houses most of the campus' students involved in Greek organizations.

Residents in Mountain View Hall were asked to stay indoors, according to an emergency alert sent by the university.

More than 20,000 students are enrolled at the Flagstaff campus.

This story is developing so this is all I've seen on it so far.

I'll update if/when it's possible.

abcnews.go.com...

myfox8.com...

edit on 10/9/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Looks like it happened late at night, so Old Man Alcohol may have been present and accounted for.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

But of course, guns aren't the problem.

My heart goes out to everyone effected by this horrible incident...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

That could very well be the case for sure. He certainly has a reputation for that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
They want your guns before the Syrian war boils over into the next great war.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Who is they and why would the Syrian war boiling over have anything to do with it?

edit on 10/9/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

As any shooting is despicable and deplorable and generally unwanted by the masses. But how is one dead and 3 wounded worthy of national or international news?

Are all shootings reported on now? Is this special because it's a "gun free zone" university and the perp didn't follow the rule of letting law enforcement know he had a gun on campus? Does it really matter where these things happen anyway? Is it because it didn't happen in the ghettos that this is being reported on?

Arizona is indeed a concealed carry state without permits. Perhaps they are their own demise in this, and likely many other instances of gun related deaths. But, maybe not.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What a mess. So many terrorists errr gunmans in the US.. I'm glad not everyone can buy guns in Germany..

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

As any shooting is despicable and deplorable and generally unwanted by the masses. But how is one dead and 3 wounded worthy of national or international news?

Are all shootings reported on now? Is this special because it's a "gun free zone" university and the perp didn't follow the rule of letting law enforcement know he had a gun on campus? Does it really matter where these things happen anyway? Is it because it didn't happen in the ghettos that this is being reported on?

Arizona is indeed a concealed carry state without permits. Perhaps they are their own demise in this, and likely many other instances of gun related deaths. But, maybe not.

I suppose it's some sort of news or I wouldn't have heard about it as I do not live anywhere near Arizona. Obviously all shootings are not reported now else there would need to be a dedicated media channel that reported on that and naught else 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

As for why some are reported and some are not... One would need to ask the various news outlets. If I had to assume, I would assume it is because some fit an agenda and some don't.

As with any other "news" we, like Don Henley seem to be drawn to dirty laundry.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How to determine if a shooting story will be a well published event.

A - occurs on school property (includes drunk fraternity members)

B - white police officer shoots a black person

C - US military shoots high level 'terrorist' leader

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Bingo!

That seems to be about right.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hopefully just an angry drunk, and not politically motivated like the last shooting.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

As tragic as either are, I can't help but agree. It would be hard enough to lose someone you love. To lose them and have it be used for political purposes (regardless of that purpose) has to be beyond painful for normal folks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I doubt it really was a gun free zone, it is in arizona.

Or were you just here to try and get that agenda push in real quick while acting like we don't need to talk about this..

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Unarmed white guys get news time too, just doesn't seem to happen as much.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

While tragic, I don't see this as being any different from gang violence. People get into fights and kill each other every day. I think this is more a case of MSM wanting to tie this shooting to a school for headline purposes. It was at 1:20 am, well outside of when any classes would be in session and would appear it was not a planned/targeted attack on students....just hotheads in a fight and one idiot pulled a gun.

I would say there are plenty more actual tragedies that happened today outside of a testosterone and alcohol induced fight. Crazy this is even a headline.

new topics

top topics

join