It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible to get a (locked) sticky thread to address some common issues???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey mods, would it be possible to get a locked sticky thread, that we can occasionally add information to that addresses some of the more common bits of bad science that we ALWAYS see on this board. Off the top of my head I can think of Planet X, and the usual solar alignment crap, and secondly the pole shift junk.

Overtime I would see it being a very handy tool for 'quick' debunks that usually waste a lot of members' time (I hate having to hunt for the same links over and over again, and I've had to post the same one 4 times in the last 3 days because no one reads the thread before they start a new one... there's at least 3 on the speed of the earth rotation that have been started in the last 3 days!!)

Osiris

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hmm, i think thats a problem inherent to all message boards. That's what the policy agreement is for.

As for Planet X, pole shifts, and solar alignment, those (to me) seem like very reasonable topics.

Planet X..hasn't it been detected? An object orbiting the Sun in an extremely elliptical orbit taking it 30 times further from the Sun than Pluto, meaning it attached to the solar system after it was formed (possibly by another solar system passing by)..I'm sure I can dig up the appropriate article.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l
Planet X..hasn't it been detected? An object orbiting the Sun in an extremely elliptical orbit taking it 30 times further from the Sun than Pluto, meaning it attached to the solar system after it was formed (possibly by another solar system passing by)..I'm sure I can dig up the appropriate article.

Link

The Kuiper Belt - an asteroid belt beyond Pluto - is residence to objects comparable in size to Pluto. It is actually moderately debated as to whether or not Pluto itself is apart of the Kuiper Belt.....at any rate they're still cataloguing objects in space and with regards to the debate on the actual definition to the word "planet" we probably won't be officially declaring a new one for quite a while.....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hmm, i think thats a problem inherent to all message boards. That's what the policy agreement is for.

As for Planet X, pole shifts, and solar alignment, those (to me) seem like very reasonable topics.

Well that's precisely it.. I have no [edit] problem with [/edit] another planet being out there.. I do have a problem with (and this happens fairly regularly) people talking about some mysterious large objects smashing into the earth and destroying it....

Discussions around other harmless bodies in orbit don't belong in this forum. The same way planetary alignment doesn't belong in THIS forum as there is no evidence to support and infinite evidence to refute any claims of it impacting planet earth.

Osiris

[edit on 3-1-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yes, in fact, it is.

In fact, I'l start one.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Yes, in fact, it is.

In fact, I'l start one.

Thanks Byrd.. you rock...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Haha poor otlg27, now people are going to start playing the devil's advocate just for fun.

But seriously, why do you thik it's fine to talk about harmless orbiting bodies and not about possibly harmful and dangerous ones? Seems like your fears are the in the way of productive discussions.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Haha poor otlg27, now people are going to start playing the devil's advocate just for fun.

But seriously, why do you thik it's fine to talk about harmless orbiting bodies and not about possibly harmful and dangerous ones? Seems like your fears are the in the way of productive discussions.

Pavel,

Well I don't have to resort to personal insults to get my point accross.

I also have no problems with talking about the possibility of earth impacts. But the problem is, there are none about to happen to the best knowledge currently available. To state there are, is inappropriate, and un-necessary. That's what I have an issue with.

I have no fears of dieing, etc. I've actually faced death twice in my personal life and do not fear it. I also don't need your pity so I would kindly thank you to ....

Osiris

top topics

join