It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest on Ebola - Nigeria and healthcare worker here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
From the bbc a few mins ago

Ebola has been detected in a Scottish nurse who first contracted the virus in December last year.
Greater Glasgow health board has confirmed that the virus is present in Pauline Cafferkey but said it was left over from the original infection. It is not thought to be contagious.
The 39-year-old has been flown back to an isolation unit at the Royal Free Hospital in London.

and in Nigeria

An Ebola scare has been reported in southern Nigeria, a year after the country was declared free of the virus.
Ten people have been quarantined after coming into contact with a man showing Ebola-like symptoms, officials said.
The man reportedly died shortly after being admitted to hospital in Calabar.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Oh dear not again so soon! What a worry for all those people. Omn the West some worry about chemical weapons etc but we forget the impact a natural killer disease can have.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

This resurgence of the virus is worrying . Presumably she was declared free of it before being released back into society and yet it has returned. It begs the questions : can it lay dormant and return at any time ? Or when being tested and presumed clear is it actually able to hide itself somehow ?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
there are variants of it and viruses mutate anyway......so hard to really say such and such is free of it......and yes it can lie dormant for many months in different parts of the body.....i read somewhere it can lie dormant in a mans testes for example and if he has sex he will transmit it that way even if he is asymtpomatic......

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

There is a prototype vaccine in testing out of Winnipeg somewhere.
So far, from what I have seen the results are 100% effective.

I just did a random google search but here is an article I found, mentions it within the first paragraph even.

A News Article On Ebola Vaccine

Science is awesome

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It said on news that the Scottish lady isn't contagious and then went on to say not enough is known about Ebola, there is still a lot of mystery with it! Anyway my question "is there anyone in the medical profession on here who knows whether it is in fact true that it isn't contagious" because a friend of mine who lives in Glasgow is panicking somewhat.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I understand the concern when taking into consideration the mode of cross infection being bodily fluids like saliva, blood and fecal matter. Just take a swab of a shopping trolley handle, two of those are on the list of contaminants found.

Its been known since early summer that those who had contracted the virus and been given the all clear can still carry it and infect others.

Maybe we've all got it at a low level and bang, it ravages the body at a later date like syphilis. Probably not, though
edit on 9-10-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I really get the impression the "Elites" in charge won't be happy until they've managed to spread Ebola worldwide. What a mess.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ebola who??

Sounds like something i've heard before.

top topics

join