It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Sun Revolve Around the Earth, or does the Earth Revolve Around the Sun?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Joshua 10: 12-13
The Sun Stands Still
12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, And O moon in the valley of Aijalon." 13So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

Psalms 93:1 -The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

It is pretty simple going by the Bible. The Book of Enoch sheds light all over this topic as well in greater detail, probably one of the reasons it was dismissed.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: clarktron
It is pretty simple going by the Bible.

As are lots of things. They're also often wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Helious

Nothing disappears over the horizen.

I live near the ocean. I see things disappear over the horizon quite regularly. You know; sailboats, ships...

Ah, but they don't. Next time you see something "disappear" over the horizon, take out a pair of binoculars, take a look and then realize it has "re-appeared". Magic you say? No and also not the curvature of the Earth, if it were curvature, a telescope or binoculars would not help you to see it after it "disappeared".

I live in a coastal town, just so happens to be one of the busiest fishing ports in Europe. Many of us own binoculars. In fact there is a powerful telescope stationed inside a museum right on the shore that points in the direction of the horizon. This is obviously to enable us to see the boats sail away, which by the way was fascinating when I was a child. I loved going there!

My point is, boats disappear over the horizon.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Does the Sun Revolve around the Earth, or does the Earth revolve around the sun?

I can tell you people one thing. From the Moon perspective, it moves in a straight line through space and Earth is some how is always on the right side if it.

hehe)) Similar situation with Earth going around the Sun.

cheers
edit on 29-10-2015 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just thought i'd pop in for a quick question.

Lets say for the sake of argument, that the Earth is flat and the only reason for me not to see the Sun at night is that it moves away from my line of sight. If it were to be a disc of a fixed size so close to Earth as in this thread has been mentioned: why don't i see it getting smaller before vanishing from my line of sight? It stays exactly the same size physically.

I mean: you start to walk away from me, at some distance i have to notice you getting smaller and eventually disappear unless you grow in size equally.

That nut i'd like to see cracked.

Edit: Drifting also back to topic (noticed mod attention as i read further on thread)
... If we were to turn thing topsy-turvy and assume that the only change would be for Earth to sit still in the center like a big baby while the Sun (and everything else for that matter) revolves around it: where and how the seasons went away? The only way would be for the Earth to rotate differently on it's axis in a way that even i with my large mind can't comprehend. Or to wobble on bounce erratically on the same spot. Long story short: we wouldn't have seasons if we'd sit still and let the Sun revolve around us while we revolve around ourselves.
edit on 31102015 by Lithops because: Grammar and such...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lithops

Everyone should take a few hours and read through the "Book of Enoch". Truly ENLIGHTENING. The detail is chilling. It is obvious why the book was banned even though now it is confirmed in the dead sea scrolls. left out on purpose, read it and you WILL know why.

Sagnac Experiment demonstrates anti-relativity Aether proving luminescence. Re-Search that Science heads.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lithops
where and how the seasons went away? The only way would be for the Earth to rotate differently on it's axis in a way that even i with my large mind can't comprehend.
It's not hard to draw a model if you forget about Newton's laws of gravitation and the masses of the objects.

thonyc.wordpress.com...

The geocentric model of the world system says that the seasons occur because the ecliptic (the suns apparent annual orbit around the earth) is tilted by approximately 23° to the plane of the earth’s equator, see diagram below:

However the author doesn't explain why the sun and the rest of the heavens would orbit the Earth.

a reply to: clarktron
What part of the book of Enoch do you feel is relevant to the topic of this thread? Or are you posting off-topic?

The anti-relativity stuff sounds off-topic, since Galileo's heliocentric model preceded relativity by centuries.

edit on 2015112 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My grandmother had no idea the sun was a star she also thought the sun revolved around the earth. She deeply religious and not to scientifically inclined. I'm assuming most of these people that thin the sun goes around the earth are probably religious. A lot of religious people are clueless.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

1. Not off topic with respect. The Book of Enoch describes in quite detail of the Sun and moons circuits around Earth.
Enoch - Section XIII chapter 72: The Book of the Courses of the Luminaries

2. Sagnac Experiment : rather the Michelson–Morley experiment - The physicists of the 20th century never accepted the results of the M/M experiment - the idea that indicated the Earth was motionless relative to space, even though no experiment could show otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
My grandmother had no idea the sun was a star she also thought the sun revolved around the earth. She deeply religious and not to scientifically inclined. I'm assuming most of these people that thin the sun goes around the earth are probably religious. A lot of religious people are clueless.

It doesn't necessarily take religion to think the Sun moves around the Earth.

If a person who knows nothing about the solar system looks up and sees the Sun appearing to move across the sky during the course of a day, it is quite natural for them to think that the Sun is the thing doing the moving. It takes a little more insight and understanding to figure out that the Sun is relatively still, and it is the Earth is rotating, giving the appearance that the Sun is moving across the sky.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The genesis of flat earth is psyops IMO .
How muddy can they get away with making the water.
Sludge apparently.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I think you may be right. Possibly a way to demonize anyone who criticizes or questions groups like NASA/ESA/ROSCOSMOS. A lot of flat earth information is tied to space skeptics and is initially how I stumbled onto the modern theorist.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

This is nothing new. Zetetic Astronomy -1881; also entire world view prior to Chathlic Jesuit Globe mission....sorry. If you all think that the YouTube videos popping up like weeds is some new PsyOp, or the FE is some new idea, you are wrong and prove you are commenting on a topic in which you have done little or zero research on. Also, this thread is not "supposed" to reference Flat Earth. I had 2 comments removed by MODS because they were "off Topic" because i mention Flat Earth. Good to see that they leave the comments up in support of Heliocentric view and take down comments that support Geocentric views. way to go ATS!

GET OFF YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the love of God, DON"T use YouTube with someone else's interpretation and comments. Get the FACTS. Research and come to your own conclusion's.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

"A question similar to this came up in another thread. Because polls in the US and UK have shown that from 18-25% of the population thinks the sun revolves around the Earth, we are not talking about just a handful of cranks."

All that goes to prove is that there are millions of moronic fools out there that had the misfortune of being stuck in the rubber science class or home economics as opposed to Physics, Chemistry or Biology.

Poor deluded fools probably also believe our Earth or Moon is hollow.

edit on 6-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: clarktron

Have you even read my comments in this thread? I am familiar with the Zetetic eye. The reason there is speculation as to a possible psyop comes in my opinion from the fact that the modern proponents are all calling each other shills. They have competing theories or incomplete theories. Some of the proponents believe in the biblical creation ancient flat earth idea. Some believe that there is an impenetrable dome surrounding the earth. Some believe that the earth rest on an infinite frozen plane. Others follow the view of the "zetetic eye". Some think the sky is a hologram and we are in some kind of contraption similar to the movies Dark City or The Signal. Some believe in gravity while others do not. The Zetetic eye proponents I have run across do believe in a force like gravity. I have seen some propose similar to the Zetetic eye that we exist inside of God's eye.

Then there are the offshoot theories that have nothing to do with FE. Eric Dubay the "Atlantean Conspiracy" author and a FE theorist believes it is a giant Zionist conspiracy and is a supporter of Hitler and the Nazis (although even I have my doubts about much of the information and motivations concerning that period). I have seen these same people claim holograms were what flew into the buildings on 9/11. Math Boyland/Powerland claims to have worked as a painter for NASA creating "space images" that are based on photorealistic painting techniques and is also a stand up comedian (kind of strange) so this is something that raises flags when considering his information.

I understand your point about YouTube and at the same time because there is no consensus in the community the "holes" end up getting filled with bias and speculation. Not to mention once you investigate this and take it seriously there is a plethora of questions for the curious. Such as who made the earth? Why? Why the deception etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

It's been a while. has anyone been converted in the time that has passed? Check out this video of a 360 view from the stratosphere. Look at the Sun.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Poor deluded fools probably also believe our Earth or Moon is hollow.

Yes and one day an oil and gas operator will drill a bit too deep and the earth will be like a balloon with a hole in it and fly off on some crazy loopy path into space.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: clarktron
It's been a while. has anyone been converted in the time that has passed? Check out this video of a 360 view from the stratosphere. Look at the Sun.
The sun looks spherical, the moon looks spherical, and the Earth looks spherical, and you seem to know nothing about how 360 degree cameras work. You don't know how to embed a video here either, it doesn't play but I watched it anyway.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Are you ** serious dude?

I used to follow your threads back 5-10 years ago.. this is way left field for you.

In a sentence what's your basis for this theory and putting time into even entertaining it if you don't mind an explanation in a nut shell?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'll follow the sun...

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join