It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Sun Revolve Around the Earth, or does the Earth Revolve Around the Sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
what i find hysterical is people who respond to this question with a "psshhh......duh! " as though they understand all the reasons why we believe what we do.......when in fact most of what we believe is consensus reality handed down to us by our elders and peers with almost zero personal effort to make the truth out own.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: occrest

Go get yourself a weather balloon for around $50. Attach a GoPro camera and a GPS tracker. Notify the FAA to create a NOTAM prior to launch and see for yourself.

A GoPro Camera has a fish-eye lense. This balloon goes to 121,000 feet, and doesnt show a curvature to the earth horizon.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
a reply to: WP4YT
I have flown a few times, and never saw a curve.

Even NASA, in their document "Derivation and Definition of a Linear Aircraft Model", on page 30, concludes their study 'Flying in a stationary atmosphere over a flat, non-rotating earth." Link to NASA pdf.
So am in to infer from your post that whatever assumptions NASA made for their model are true?

The first assumption is "stationary atmosphere". This means there's no wind, no tornadoes, no hurricanes. Do you think that's what they are trying to infer?

It also strikes me as odd you'd cite a NASA reference when NASA is the first one to tell you the Earth isn't flat. You can't see the curvature from a crop duster but you can see it from 40,000 feet so whether you saw the curvature depends on how high your plane went.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

This picture is the model that all of us were introduced to at school as an explanation of the seasons. However, it is flawed.
I will use winter and summer solstice dates, 12:00 noon PDT in my example. At 12:00 pm, winter solstice it is light, and when the earth travels to the summer, exactly 12:00 pm, it would be dark. This is clearly not the case, which we can observe with our eyes and experiences. the sun travels between the tropics of cancer and capricorn over a 6 month period, then travels back again, completing a year.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I am in no way intelligent enough to join this argument but find it amazing that there are flat earth believers still alive. We have pictures for fox sake.
Are we really denying the space pictures of a round planet we live on.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

a reply to: WP4YT
I have flown a few times, and never saw a curve.

Even NASA, in their document "Derivation and Definition of a Linear Aircraft Model", on page 30, concludes their study 'Flying in a stationary atmosphere over a flat, non-rotating earth." Link to NASA pdf.
So am in to infer from your post that whatever assumptions NASA made for their model are true?

The first assumption is "stationary atmosphere". This means there's no wind, no tornadoes, no hurricanes. Do you think that's what they are trying to infer?

It also strikes me as odd you'd cite a NASA reference when NASA is the first one to tell you the Earth isn't flat. You can't see the curvature from a crop duster but you can see it from 40,000 feet so whether you saw the curvature depends on how high your plane went.

I think this is them doing a study on flight dynamics over a flat earth. The stationary atmosphere they speak of is without the wind shear one would get if the the earth were a globe with a spin of 1000 mph at the equator, which is what we are told.
I do not pretend to understand everything about the dynamics of a flat earth, and all that it entails. I have over 40 years of being inundated with globular thinking and indoctrination to overcome. There have been many physical experiments completed which point to a flat, geostationary earth. Airys' Failure, for one. Another is the Bedford level experiment. Here is a video for you containing 200 profs that the earth is not a spinning ball. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

show me or link me to the picture please....not cgi...thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The crazy answer is that both are right, depending on your point of reference!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cantsee4looking

As soon as an actual person ... not a bot .... posts this question I will thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Is it truly a round globe? or is it an oblate spheroid? Or is it, and Dr tyson recently stated.."Pear-ish shaped"?

It is funny however, all the composites we have of the earth depict it being a perfect globe.
Those pictures...are they photos? Or are they paintings?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

wtf are you on about?..bot?...show me the pictures fool.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Do you actually believe in flat Earth? I can dispel that ludicrous idea in a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

wtf are you on about?..bot?...show me the pictures fool.

Claiming everything is CGI is an easy cop out, just like my saying you are not a real person. Any pictures I post you will claim is CGI and you will refuse to prove it, you will just claim it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

This picture is the model that all of us were introduced to at school as an explanation of the seasons. However, it is flawed.
I will use winter and summer solstice dates, 12:00 noon PDT in my example. At 12:00 pm, winter solstice it is light, and when the earth travels to the summer, exactly 12:00 pm, it would be dark. This is clearly not the case, which we can observe with our eyes and experiences. the sun travels between the tropics of cancer and capricorn over a 6 month period, then travels back again, completing a year.

You're confused between solar days which are 24 hours long, and sidereal days which are only 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds long.
Sidereal time

Sidereal time vs solar time. Above left: a distant star (the small red circle) and the Sun are at culmination, on the local meridian. Centre: only the distant star is at culmination (a mean sidereal day). Right: a few minutes later the Sun is on the local meridian again. A solar day is complete.

Look toward the end of this video, it's not CGI:

a Rocket From Take Off To Orbit (External Cameras)

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The crazy answer is that both are right, depending on your point of reference!
In that case I look forward to seeing your Lagrangian point calculations for the geocentric model.

edit on 2015109 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArbitrageurIn that case I look forward to seeing your Lagrangian point calculations for the geocentric model.

They're the same. You missed the joke, it's alright!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

well there you go then...you cannot provide a legit photo,,,,,,you may sit down now.....thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Please do. AS if true and we live on a flat earth planet then with all the sink holes opening up I am beginning to believe we are being attacked from underneath. Sorry Australia I didn't mean you.
We really do think it is all for us don't we. If there is a god he must find our arrogance very amusing.

link   

well there you go then...you cannot provide a legit photo,,,,,,you may sit down now.....thanks

Sure I can. I just figure why bother when you will claim everything is CGI, then refuse to prove it (like you have already done). Video was just posted, you did exactly what I said you would.

link   

originally posted by: chewi
Please do. AS if true and we live on a flat earth planet then with all the sink holes opening up I am beginning to believe we are being attacked from underneath. Sorry Australia I didn't mean you.
We really do think it is all for us don't we. If there is a god he must find our arrogance very amusing.

Show me how time zones are possible in a flat Earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
then dont use suspect photos...then i cannot claim cgi....do it...a reply to: OccamsRazor04

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join