It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile in Ukraine....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The (quite legitimate IMO) argument that Russia detractors have been using against Russian intervention in Syria is what Putin was up to in Ukraine.

But looky here - the war could be over! Everyone is talking with great hope that it is. They are even talking about remaining as part of the Ukraine. Russia is backing it.

PS I think the Putin tshirt the rebel is wearing is cute - obviously someone has a man-crush lolz.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Your post is very misleading as to your intentions (well, not actually) but since it is Vice I will watch it and comment back after

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Love Simon's dispatches, didn't realize he started them back up. Russia I will assume is going to get out of Ukraine asap as they have their naval Syrian base to worry about next.

Vlad is going to do 1 of 2 things imo, show the complete incompetence of Russian military, or show the lack of follow through in stabilization.

Vlad want's to go blow up some ME countries too, he's just a lil' late., and he doesn't have the arsenal to focus on 2 fronts.

Go Russia! (just don't freaking start ww3)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
S&F for you for relating some potential good news. Will keep watching (tired of Russia/Syria news)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This is Ukraine based news, the good ol' distraction of peace! Now they (Russia) go to Syria.

I hope the best, but the US and the Russians fighting in the same airspace, well I'm sure we can all assume the ending.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

This is Ukraine based news, the good ol' distraction of peace! Now they (Russia) go to Syria.

I hope the best, but the US and the Russians fighting in the same airspace, well I'm sure we can all assume the ending.

Dont forget looks as if the Chinese are getting into the fray as well

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well, whatever the truth, those ladies in the vid speak the truth when they say

'We'll do anything, even carry water as long as the shooting stops'

Even the rebels who are largely responsible for starting all of this talk of how the civilians have suffered. I dare to hope this is the real deal and that at least in the Ukraine they can start putting their lives back together again.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The Chinese will not send a single fighter jet to the situation. They have sent their token carrier in that area, but not for this reason.

Kosher Kudos there To those that absolutely just love Russia and China, remember things are not quite as your fantasy believes.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Even the rebels who are largely responsible for starting all of this talk of how the civilians have suffered. I dare to hope this is the real deal and that at least in the Ukraine they can start putting their lives back together again.

Russia won't allow it, and you will see it as diplomacy. Russia want's the separatist areas, in Ukraine, so I'ts going to be deadly for some years to come.

Putin will only come out more aggressive recently more than ever, and scary news is he has access to about 10k nukes.

The part that is scary is the lack of command in firing Russian nukes compared to USA Nukes

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Time will tell. It is the greatest truth bearer of them all.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Been reading elsewhere that pretty much saying and now showing this. I hope the info is right, the BS needs to stop.

originally posted by: markosity1973

Well, whatever the truth, those ladies in the vid speak the truth when they say

Exactly and all the people caught in the middle of the # situation(no ties to either side just live there) of the shelling, dying all for what.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Two fronts is too much. Russia probably stopped backing th rebels like they were.

Isn't it funny how Putin talks about the need to respect Assad because it's the rightful government ... then does the opposite in the Ukraine?
edit on 9-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Looks like it's the real deal alright. Arms being withdrawn, elections to come soon and the rebel area to become a 'special' area. Whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Two fronts is too much. Russia probably stopped backing th rebels like they were.

But Russia has the great military that can defeat NATO...

Those ethnic Russians in the East of Ukraine won't be very happy being abandoned after all this time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Looks like it's the real deal alright. Arms being withdrawn, elections to come soon and the rebel area to become a 'special' area.

They become what Crimea was.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
And yes, it looks like Putin had his troops in there

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Isn't it funny how Putin talks about the need to respect Assad because it's the rightful government ... then does the opposite in the Ukraine?

Yes and no.

Putin was pissed because NATO wanted to build a base in Ukraine, so he stole back Crimea and stirred up a civil war to put a stop to it.

Do I agree with his methods? No

Do I support the NATO base idea? No

Don't poke the sleeping bear is the moral to this story. It's a shame that all those Eastern Ukranians were used as pawns in a power game.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You must have forgot Victoria "f the EU" and her hopes for "Yaks" before the shtf there. I think that Poroschenko and his cronies had a lot of help there and it didn't come from Russia. Russia was doing well with its old president,why would they have removed them? Thats just nonsense.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

NATO has never expressed interest in building a base in Ukraine. On the off chance you didn't know NATO had refused to build any bases in countries with a direct border with Russia. All that changes when Russia invaded Ukraine.

Russia claims any country can join the EU however when a country foes to do it Russia has a fit over it. Russia is still trying to derail Ukraine's trade deal with the EU.

Putin is a failure and this is evident when he tries to force other countries to give Russia concessions on trade while they refuse to give anything in return.

Look at Belarus.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And yes, it looks like Putin had his troops in there

You can only deny it to a point, but then you can't hide it anymore.

Although I believe he will deny involvement until he dies...and even in the afterlife.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join