It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 injured in stabbing rampage at Pa. high school

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

The kid went on a rampage with a knife, yes he stabbed 20 people, but none of them died. What do you suppose the tally would be if he had shot them instead? 20 wounded by knife versus 20 dead by gunshot.

If there is a maniac on the loose I'd rather him be armed with a knife than a gun.

Why would a gunshot have killed them? Typically the shooters in these scenario's gather everyone into one area and execute them with a well placed shot. Had the guy with the knife done the same, the same would have happened.

Yes because a knife has as much range as a firearm.

Plenty of references of anywhere from 1 to 29 people dying from mass knife attacks....mostly in heavily regulated gun control countries.....

hmmm...had to look that one up..

Twenty-nine people were killed and 130 were injured Saturday night when 10 men armed with long knives stormed the station in the southwest Chinese city of Kunming, the state news agency Xinhua reported.

Members of a separatist group from Xinjiang, in northwest China, are believed to have carried out the assault, authorities said. The report referred to them as "terrorists."

You seemed to have left out the fact that it was 10 men?

Jeez..by that logic the battle of Agincourt qualify as a mass stabbing...

Why did soldiers trade swords for guns anyways?

It is a mass stabbing. Did you forget to read the others where more than 4 died with 1 person committing the act?

Is there some limit as to how many people can do a mass shooting? Columbine was 2 so I guess that doesn't count now?

Please spare me....always an agenda and rules to follow to fit the agenda right? Have to be 4 or more to be mass, single (or 2) shooters, has to have an AR, blah blah blah.

Death is death people....regardless of the tool or the number involved....PEOPLE are the ones doing the killing. The tool can't do it on its own.

And as I have pointed out, we have less killings than ever in history WITH guns in the mix now.....so how is it that guns are the issue again?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh well.

Time to ban all knives in the US.

Knives kill people..!!

US citizens will just have to use plastic implements or tear at their food with their teeth to break it up.

Sorry, but it has to be everyone so a few nuts and terrorists cant hurt or kill people with kitchen implements ever again..!!

/sarcasmoff

edit on 10-10-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Americans aren't very intelligent. Didn't you know?

a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I wish more guns were involved in this story. Clearly it would've been better for everyone if at least a few guns went off.

I absolutely agree. I think they could even go so far as to have pictures of guns hanging on the walls as art and that would have just been icing on the cake.

I like the way you think. The cut of your jib if you will. Anyone who loves guns that much has to bleed American. And you sir... Bleed red, white, and blue. The ideas that are spawned from your absolute brilliance is enough to blind a nation that is currently in distress and we need more of that. You should procreate and procreate often to ensure that the next generation will not only be benevolent but magnanimous as well.

My hats off to you. May your flag never have "Made In China" on it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

22 injured in stabbing...

Thread title if guns were used.

'22 dead in shooting ..'
edit on 10-10-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why the F*** is this in the current events section when it happened in 2014?..And for the dullards,do you notice the difference between mass stabbings,and shootings..I.E more people would die from a bullet than a stab.Ponder this question would you rather be shot or stabbed?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I live in PA. Have never heard this story. Last week a kid at philly community college flashed a gun and it's national news. Ya I'd say there's an agenda,

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

It completely depends on the caliber and blade size. As long as it's not in the chest, gut or head i honestly have to go with being shot. A stab wound is a terribly searing pain.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Hope every one comes out alright.

Banning inanimate objects won't fix our problems.

Now, for that one.

In Denmark's nightlife there was a sad culture of stabbings, when people got to much to drink or robberies and such, with many death's and injuries as a result, several tourist fell victim too.

6 to 7 years ago the government decided to ban knifes in Denmark, everything from Bowie knifes to box cutters is now illegal to carry on your person, that of cause created some problems with workers or hunters carrying above mentioned for work, but nothing a little common sense couldn't solve.

The result is very obvious today as stabbings and the death and injuries are pretty much gone, and i mean almost completely gone.
There are some gang fight's still and the occasional family feuds , but tourist and citizens can now go and have good time with out fearing for their life or well being.

It's very clear that banning inanimate objects in Denmark have had a major effect.

And if we're lucky, they'll eventually ban everything that isn't bolted down in Denmark and have mandatory cushioning on all hard surfaces. No staring at computer monitors, as eyestrain is a very real problem in the rotten state of Denmark.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Apparently this isn't news because guns weren't involved. Who cares if doesnt fit my agenda.

Like I've said before, our culture of materialism and individual extremism is breaking down the collective mind causing people to get mentally I'll in large numbers. Add onto that poor economic situations, technology, and bad food and we have a serious problem on our hands.

We have a culture problem.

I just keep thinking of the words of Plato and Machiavelli, "And Democracy will descend into anarchy."

We have a cultural problem, societal problem, a political problem.

Quite a sad story, on the news or not.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The answer that gun control vigilantes will tell you is that "no one was killed."

Apparently, they are okay with violence as long as no one is killed - except unborn fetuses. But they scream that they want their children to be safe, but apparently it's only from guns.

Again, no one is addressing the mental health problems we have in this country. Onequestion, you've done a fine job putting the pieces together:
1. Poverty
2. Technology
3. Bad food
Let's add...
4. Soulless pop culture
5. Big Pharma drugs peddled as quick fix/cure alls

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You got this from a news site? How can you say it isn't news?
Simple Google search showed me fox, time, and cnn all have articles on it. What do you want?

Oh and once again let's just use this event to push an agenda...

Exactly what we say we don't want whe shootings happen.

Being on websites (requiring humans to do work to find it) and being pumped into your brain through the 24/7 news loops are two VASTLY different things.

I think Onequestion's point still stands. Why wasn't this given more attention by the news? This is the first posting about it 6 months AFTER it happened. If any website is quick to find things things it's ATS. Yet, here we sit 6 months later with the first post about this.

This story demonstrates the problems (not just mental health) that we have in this country. More importantly, it demonstrates that there is a clear agenda.
edit on 10-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Please help the U.S. become safe once again: Petition

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Why the F*** is this in the current events section when it happened in 2014?..And for the dullards,do you notice the difference between mass stabbings,and shootings..I.E more people would die from a bullet than a stab.Ponder this question would you rather be shot or stabbed?

Ha...I have posted numerous times on this. From history, more people have died from stabbings and beatings than guns....by 10 times the number. But....guns.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ha...I have posted numerous times on this. From history, more people have died from stabbings and beatings than guns....by 10 times the number. But....guns.

And what if all the people who killed others through stabbings and beatings had guns at their disposal instead of knives/fists? Do you think there would be more or fewer dead people?

The point many pro-gun people tend to ignore is that guns are (besides bombs) probably the easiest and most practical way to kill lots of people in a short period of time.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You don't even have to read the first few posts to know how this thread goes, while the answer is in the OP.

You gotta think like treating an illness, you will never get healthy if the only thing is treating the symptoms. If you find the reason what causes these symptoms, you can eliminate the disease and every single symptom that comes with it.

You are wasting valuable energy by pointing it in the wrong direction.
Stop getting played.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If this had been a shooting instead of a stabbing it would have been all over the news in every broadcast, live from the scene of the shooting...front page news for days. No one can say this got the same attention as a shooting would have.

But that is where the anti-gun crowd has to step back and ignore and deny. They don't want guns so banning guns is no big deal to them. But they want their steak knives so we don't dare blame the pointy object for the crime. We blame the person. Until someone uses a gun, then we can go back to blaming the tool used instead of the person who used it.

"Oh look, here it is on page 19 of Bobs newspaper... See? It was in the news." Yeah, that's the same as live coverage from the scene with interviews of the victims who barely escaped with their lives...(que the violins) Hundreds of people holding hands and praying on school grounds, and not one of them getting arrested for it...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well...finally a conservative is placing blame where it belongs. Guns kill! It is simply a fact.

Ha ha!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski
You don't even have to read the first few posts to know how this thread goes, while the answer is in the OP.

You gotta think like treating an illness, you will never get healthy if the only thing is treating the symptoms. If you find the reason what causes these symptoms, you can eliminate the disease and every single symptom that comes with it.

You are wasting valuable energy by pointing it in the wrong direction.
Stop getting played.

Checking in.

Nice post thabks for taking notice!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, we've gotta plant chips in the brain, that's very soon tough. RFID is the next step. And they're gonna get what they want, they've already pushed through the mandatory vaccination on your children, it won't be long until RFID is mandatory at birth.

Then we've gotta ban all utensils that are made of metal... Children's plastic utensils comes to mind.

Then we've gotta ban everything else that COULD potentially lead...

Oh God why am I even typing this?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join