It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 injured in stabbing rampage at Pa. high school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I frequently argue with my wife about gun control, and mentioned to her that just as many with a knife or even a car could be harmed or killed. Her only statement was `were they killed`? So, apparently, its OK to stab 20 some people, so long as they don`t die. It`s not the same if they don`t die. Unbelievable.
edit on 9-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Yeah, that part bugs me too.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Was this kid a trained ninja? No one jumped on him before he injured 22 people? Even in active shooter situations people are often found to try and tackle the shooter.

It was a high school, perhaps the other students were to busy Snapchatting, Twittering, Instagramming and Facebooking to notice. SMH.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

All bladed weapons including scissors, shovels, and complimentary pocket knives, it's for the good of the children, think about the children!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Was this kid a trained ninja? No one jumped on him before he injured 22 people? Even in active shooter situations people are often found to try and tackle the shooter.

It was a high school, perhaps the other students were to busy Snapchatting, Twittering, Instagramming and Facebooking to notice. SMH.

So, basically, you don't want people to have guns to defend themselves and when a psycho starts stabbing people you call them cowards for not defending themselves effectively?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

What does this have to do with guns? Did I mention guns?

I was expressing my surprise that someone could run around with a knife and slash/stab 22 people, and no one threw a chair at him, used a broom handle to beat him down, or some huge football player tackled him.

Guns are usually more deadly than knives, and in active shooter situations we often times see someone tackle the shooter. I'm surprised in a situation that isn't quite as dangerous that no one did that sooner.

It appears a vice principal and a security guard eventually did.

My post had nothing to do with guns, thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I really wish there could be a meaningful discussion about the high incidents of violence in the US. Instead, we are programmed to see it along the political lines that appeal to our bias, and perpetuate the agenda.

Not only will it never, ever solve the issue at hand.. it obfuscates the issue entirely. There is obviously a problem and it has little to do with the tool chosen.

Ah well.. this is how these things have worked for generations. If only the puppeteers weren't so caught up in their own strings, they might realize there are even better ways to satiate greed than currently known control mechanisms.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Twenty-two people were injured when a 16-year-old boy went on a stabbing rampage at a Pennsylvania high school early Wednesday, leaving five students in critical condition, authorities said.

22 injured in stabbing rampage at Pa. high school

Apparently this isn't news because guns weren't involved. Who cares if doesnt fit my agenda.

You seem to have a time problem?

This happened in April of 2014?...You seem to be trying to pose the OP as a current event? That didn't get coverage?

And yes..it was on the News???...a year and a half ago
CNN
www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

SO...Now that we have established it was thoroughly covered in the National News...

AND that this was a year and half ago...NOT NOW..

Maybe you can speculate on how if a knife is the same as a gun...he managed not to kill any of the 22 he attacked?

Or perhaps answer this...If A knife is a substitute for a gun...then why not get rid of guns? Right?..everyone can make do with knives? Just as deadly?

The tools available to crazy folks MATTER...It is idiotic to begin a debate pretending otherwise.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Is it on CNN or just a few websites?

And JESUS...YES it was non-stop on CNN...A YEAR AND HALF AGO WHEN IT HAPPENED!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

What does this have to do with guns? Did I mention guns?

I was expressing my surprise that someone could run around with a knife and slash/stab 22 people, and no one threw a chair at him, used a broom handle to beat him down, or some huge football player tackled him.

Guns are usually more deadly than knives, and in active shooter situations we often times see someone tackle the shooter. I'm surprised in a situation that isn't quite as dangerous that no one did that sooner.

It appears a vice principal and a security guard eventually did.

My post had nothing to do with guns, thank you very much.

My mistake, I had gotten hung up on a thread drift.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hey, no worries! The conversation shifts quickly on ATS.

On the subject of guns -- despite this being a school, I know some places do have armed police officers that patrol either inside or outside. It's a shame one was around to step in and stop this.

Even back when I graduated we had a police officer or two that would spend quite a bit of time near the school...usually just giving traffic tickets to kids who sped or did illegal U-turns.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: masqua
Here's the cultural problem: Almost 80 posts but no-one is thinking about the stabbed and wounded kids. THAT'S the problem.

The victims don't matter one iota more than the attacker or the political hay one can make out of the bloodshed.

That's 'Merica for you.
Everyone wants to defend their guns even when they aren't involved in the crime.
Sick

The point is that guns should have been "involved" in this crime, with good people at their command, this extensive harm would have been averted.

While I will agree that everyone is tired of discussing this topic, part of the OPs point was that banning inanimate objects won't help, I agree.

If I were on your side of this debate about self defense, I would just let that go and pursue the underlying point the OP is trying to focus on, some cultural or societal malignancy that is causing inordinate outbursts of violence.

I disagree with both the claim of relative increase in incidents as well as the general perception of society as an organism with quantifiably isolatable components. That some sort of social incision could be performed to save the patient near death, it would be no different than performing exploratory surgery.

I think that's all rubbish but, I really have no choice but to respond to it since I believe such intervention would be deleterious to society, not restorative.

No. Guns had no place with this incident.
I do question why teachers did't throw desks and textbooks, but bullets?

I really hope I don't live in the same vicinity as you.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

They did, just not in the immediate proximity.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

We have a culture problem.

so what youre saying is we need to ban culture right?
edit on 9-10-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: onequestion

You got this from a news site? How can you say it isn't news?
Simple Google search showed me fox, time, and cnn all have articles on it. What do you want?

Oh and once again let's just use this event to push an agenda...

Exactly what we say we don't want whe shootings happen.
Sadly, my wife and I look through all the headlining news on several mainstream websites. I didn't know about this until now. Of course we go a little deeper than just headlines, so this was buried deep in there somewhere where not so many people look. That's all I can figure. Maybe they included it somewhere in the pitts of the news for plausible deniability. Maybe they want people to say what you said. But I agree with the OP. They selectively made a huge deal about the guns because that's the agenda. knives are not.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It makes no difference whether it's a gun, knife, or a bat.

People that are not typically exposed to violence have no idea how to react, or handle a violent situation, so many times they cower in their own fears.

Most of the victims have most likely never been hit, cut, or stabbed, so when they see their own blood, and/or the blood of others coupled with screaming they short out.

The reason some people are able to engage someone with a weapon is many times they have dealt with it over, and over in their personal lives, or careers.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I notice the mass shooters are fundamentalist gun rights fanatics who then die by police fire.
How is this not domestic terrorism by lone wolf operators in service of a far right agenda, using terror to advance that agenda, i.e. buy guns to shoot mass murderers before they shoot you.
A Jihadist likes to go out in a blaze of Glory also, after the slaughter of innocents.

edit on 9-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Still say we should all have chips installed in our brains. And other people should carry around remotes that will detonate to chip and instantly end your life. That way everybody is polite.

I see a smart phone and a watch, connected to Siri or Cortana.

What do i know? Im a conspiracy nut!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

The kid went on a rampage with a knife, yes he stabbed 20 people, but none of them died. What do you suppose the tally would be if he had shot them instead? 20 wounded by knife versus 20 dead by gunshot.

If there is a maniac on the loose I'd rather him be armed with a knife than a gun.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Everybody has the right to carry a knife, if they had a knife they could defend them selves

edit on 9-10-2015 by earthling42 because: typo

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join